What's new

What Remaining TV Westerns Do You Want to See Released? (1 Viewer)

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Disney has always been very selective in releasing their material to the public. I know that in the early days of Disney Channel (years before cable came to NY), they ran tons of things from their library. If they weren't going to release all of their shows and movies during the golden era of DVD, I don't think they will now that the sales have decreased so much.

Just curious as to putting The Alaskans in the western category. Are shows like The Alaskans and Klondike really westerns?

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Sure. They are frontier adventures about expanding Western Civilization, (North) westward.

Last edited:

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
[QUOTE="LouA, post: 4371949, member: 384141"

The Americans ( this is a forgotten Civil War show that ran on NBC in 1961)
I would call it more of a war series than western[/QUOTE]

Your right , and that occurred to me while compiling my list. But it was a favorite of mine , and I'm always looking to remind people about the show's existence and virtual disappearance . I've heard that 26 episodes were films but only 19 aired back in 1961 . I often wonder how the reputation of the show would fare if people could get a chance to see it again. Then again , I guess you could ponder that about most of the shows listed on this thread .
Let's hope that a few of these shows do get a release .

mmyers

Agent
Real Name
mike myers
I would call it more of a war series than western

Your right , and that occurred to me while compiling my list. But it was a favorite of mine , and I'm always looking to remind people about the show's existence and virtual disappearance . I've heard that 26 episodes were films but only 19 aired back in 1961 . I often wonder how the reputation of the show would fare if people could get a chance to see it again. Then again , I guess you could ponder that about most of the shows listed on this thread .
Let's hope that a few of these shows do get a release .[/QUOTE]

mmyers

Agent
Real Name
mike myers
Wichita Town
Tales of Wells Fargo seasons 3-5
Hotel de Paree
The Californians
Man from Blackhawk
Gray Ghost
The Alaskans
The Wrangler
On The Wrangler--Neil you listed that one. Have you ever seen an episode? I remember watching it as a kid. I always liked Jason Evers but with 6 episodes I doubt we'll ever see a commercial release.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Wichita Town
Tales of Wells Fargo seasons 3-5
Hotel de Paree
The Californians
Man from Blackhawk
Gray Ghost
The Alaskans
The Wrangler
On The Wrangler--Neil you listed that one. Have you ever seen an episode? I remember watching it as a kid. I always liked Jason Evers but with 6 episodes I doubt we'll ever see a commercial release.

I did see one. It was done on 2-inch videotape which was very experimental for a western, similar to what they did with the six taped Twilight Zone episodes. Interesting but it didn't really work.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
CBS has been remastering High Chapparal for the last year plus according to the syndication bible so there is a small chance of it being released. I would really like to get this one too so I hope it is released.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
HEC RAMSEY and WITCHITA TOWN are the two I want the most.

Wichita Town is owned by Walter Mirisch, who is rich as Rockefeller, and has no interest in bothering with it for the amount of money it would bring in for licensing.

Hec Ramsey was a big desire for Timeless. The good news is that usable elements have been located but the bad news is that Timeless is no more. Not convinced that Shout will have the same level of interest in a release.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
They found Hec Ramsey elements? That's good news, although far from a release, as you point out, Neil. Do you know where they were and if any other shows in the same situation had prints there also?

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
I believe that the Disney Daniel Boone was released on VHS

Ray:

I never knew the episodes were available on VHS; thanks for the heads up! Here's what I found on Amazon:

Walt Disney Presents Daniel Boone Volume One: The Warrior's Path: http://www.amazon.com/Daniel-Boone-...coliid=ISS2361WPFO6G&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl

Walt Disney Presents Daniel Boone Volume Two: And Chase the Buffalo: http://www.amazon.com/Daniel-Boone-...oliid=I3VJ9HDDQOZOQY&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl

Walt Disney Presents Daniel Boone Volume Three: The Wilderness Road: http://www.amazon.com/Daniel-Boone-...coliid=INN03SMRIZIP1&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl

Walt Disney Presents Daniel Boone Volume Four: The Promised Land: http://www.amazon.com/Walt-Disney-P...coliid=I3P5N46YVPN1I&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks