What's new

What Pleases You? (1 Viewer)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
OTA should work fine in any major metro. You don't need Dish or anyone else to accomplish this. What they installed is commonly referred to as a "leaf" antenna. You can buy them for about $20.00 all day which is probably why they left them behind. I bought my antenna from Walmart and paid maybe $80.00. The added cost is because I wanted a single outdoor antenna as opposed to multiple indoor ones such as the leafs. I added an amplifier and handle the coax distribution internally but it feeds 5 TV's throughout my home. I get about 60 channels but only about 25 are unique. Not bad for free. "Would you like to know more."

View attachment 45473

Never knew they were called "leaf" antennas. Mine faced east, they said the best reception would be if it faced south, but I didn't want 60 feet of dual coax running through the house, hanging over doors, etc. so gave up. I've been with Dish for years, great service, but this attempt bombed. Never upgraded to their "Hopper" service, I can barely keep up with my current double receiver. Some stuff gets deleted, or I'd never move, just to much stuff to watch. :D

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Never knew they were called "leaf" antennas. Mine faced east, they said the best reception would be if it faced south, but I didn't want 60 feet of dual coax running through the house, hanging over doors, etc. so gave up. I've been with Dish for years, great service, but this attempt bombed. Never upgraded to their "Hopper" service, I can barely keep up with my current double receiver. Some stuff gets deleted, or I'd never move, just to much stuff to watch. :D

For antenna positioning, check here.

http://antennaweb.org/

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
One more thing about newspapers: vintage ones (my latest acquisition being the Fri. Aug. 9, 1974 Honolulu Advertiser [the day of Nixon's resignation, and Gerald Ford's succession of Nixon])!

001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Sunshine for 4 consecutive days, with the last 2 reaching double digits in the plus Celsius column. This has greatly reduced my bronchial symptoms.

Going from having the wife's PC being serviced and facing the prospect of having to wipe everything off of mine, due to various issues, both are now setup with the latest Windows 10 Updates, and functioning much better. Thanks to everyone who offered their valued input in the Windows 10 Discussion Thread, especially Chris Strnad! The Windows 10 USB setup proved a lifesaver, and not a single personal file or app needed reinstalling afterward! :)

CHEERS! :)

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
The fact that while many releases of older shows have had original logos whitewashed, many others have not suffered that fate; it seems to me that VEI and Shout! have done splendidly on that front.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Bumping this up: owning a copy of a vintage game show home game. The one I now own (came in a little earlier) is that of The New Tic Tac Dough (the same one I told you about under the Board Games thread) that was made in the late 70s (box says 1977, but I don't know if it came out in that year or 1978).

ttdhomegame.jpg

Reactions: PMF

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Bumping this up: owning a copy of a vintage game show home game. The one I now own (came in a little earlier) is that of The New Tic Tac Dough (the same one I told you about under the Board Games thread) that was made in the late 70s (box says 1977, but I don't know if it came out in that year or 1978).

View attachment 46083

LOL!

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I can't explain it either, John! ;)

Whatever floats your Boat (Or Ice Hut?), I suppose.

It's a poor photo, especially considering the beauty my eyes observed. Endless beautiful sky and ocean. Peace and tranquility my brother. When you experience it [in whatever form appeals to you] I believe you'll have a similar takeaway.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Being able, with that Amazon Fire Stick, and the YouTube app, to see a 1985 segment of The Prudential College Football Report (this w/Jim Nantz & Pat Haden) in crystal-clear picture quality, just as it was when I was 4 years old and seeing it for the first time on CBS (I saw a 1986 segment [this without Pat] the same way).

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Slowly making progress towards our planned September relocation. Spring cleaning is pretty much finished, except that I want to clean the inside of the kitchen stove. Hopefully, this spring cleaning will be the last one at our current address! :)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Slowly making progress towards our planned September relocation. Spring cleaning is pretty much finished, except that I want to clean the inside of the kitchen stove. Hopefully, this spring cleaning will be the last one at our current address! :)

Self cleaning oven, but the knob broke and I can't find a replacement anywhere in this country. You have to push it in, lock the oven and set the timer, but missing the main knob, no way to do it. Back to manual cleaning rather than just wiping out some ash :(

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Self cleaning oven, but the knob broke and I can't find a replacement anywhere in this country. You have to push it in, lock the oven and set the timer, but missing the main knob, no way to do it. Back to manual cleaning rather than just wiping out some ash :(
Years ago, we used spray oven cleaner, but that stuff is toxic. The Mrs says to use a water/baking soda mixture, which I've never done. New stuff is always annoying the first time around until I sort out a workable routine that also meets her standard. :blink:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks