What's new

Time Machine/ What Movie? (1 Viewer)

Sultanofcinema

Second Unit
Real Name
Joseph Barrett
OK,
you have Rod Taylor's Time Machine. You have the opportunity to see a film you love, never saw and wanted to see or wanted to see it opening day in the best theater available to you. Name that film please.

Sultanofcinema

Second Unit
Real Name
Joseph Barrett
You got my attention.
My repeat fantasies (these are all films I saw when they opened) are The Adventurers, The Wild Bunch, Once Upon A Time In The West, Any Connery Bond (even Diamonds Are Forever) and OHMSS, Castle Keep, It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World, The Bird With The Crystal Plumage, Where Eagles Dare, Pretty Maids All In A Row, Barry Lyndon, Quest For Fire and Ice Station Zebra.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Pulp Fiction
I didn’t see it on its opening weekend, but the first time I saw this in the theater (Myrtle Beach SC- the building torn down years ago 🙁) is easily the experience at a theater that likely will be unequaled. I remember how happy and thrilled I was when I walked out of the theater at the end of the film.

My answer to this question is The Godfather (first film). This film and Pulp are my top 2 favorites.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'd go with the original Star Wars so I could see it at a more innocent time in SW fandom (i.e. before a chunk of fans decided their favorite thing about SW was to bitch about it endlessly) when nearly everyone must have been wowed by the movie and just had a good time.

I've probably posted this video ten times at HTF but this is as close as I'll get to being at Star Wars in its original run:

Another one is Halloween. I've seen it in a theater before but it was with a crowd of fans who also know the movie forwards and backwards so it's not the same as seeing it with an audience who had never seen it before.

I bet Psycho was good too because I imagine the whole theater was not expecting Norman to be the title character... unless they read the book.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Re: Star Wars. I saw it on opening day when it was still called Star Wars and it was a pretty incredible experience. Went back that evening with a friend and we saw it in a packed auditorium. First and second (of many) theatrical viewings. :)

In terms what I wish I had been able to view in the best theatrical experience I'll cheat and name a few...

2001: A Space Odyssey
Once Upon A Time In The West
Ben Hur
The Ten Commandments

(All films that have only been experienced in HT settings.)

- Walter.

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
There is a very, very, slim chance we can see it without the time machine. There was a search going on in Brazil last year for the complete print of The Magnificent Ambersons but lately there has not been any updates on it.

I had forgotten that there was a search in Brazil for the lost Ambersons footage. I would like for it to be successful, but I’m not getting my hopes up. Incidentally, what happened with that animated reconstruction that was announced a few years ago?

As to the subject of the thread, I suppose I could go with any number of personal favorites or lost grails (Der Januskopf and London After Midnight comes to mind for me) to go back in time and see the premiere. However, I’m actually going to go with the premiere of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, just to see firsthand the reactions of the audience who first beheld the first feature-length animated film from Hollywood.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks