What's new

What cereals do you miss? (1 Viewer)

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
Simple question. What cereals that are no longer being made do you really miss? Mr. T cereal? Fruity Yummy Mummy?

Me, personally, I miss the old E.T. cereal (I think I was the only adult to buy the stuff back in the day!) and C-3PO's (ditto).

What are your favorite "limited time only" cereals or kinds that just weren't popular enough to stick around?

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Post Fortified Oat Flakes!
Stopped makin' it in about 1990. I could eat the whole box in a single breakfast (or lunch) session!! :)

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
I miss the Captain Crunch ALL Berries!
Remember that? Nothin' but berries!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Many people here will be too young to remember, but growing up I loved the Quake vs. Quisp commercials. I prefered Quake.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
My cereal collection looks a lot like Seinfeld's, usually 7 or 8 boxes, none of them frosted. I mix up 3 or 4 at a time.
A few years ago Just Right was making two styles, one with nuts and one without. I was eating a lot of the "without" and they deleted it. :frowning:
Recently I decided Puffed Wheat would be tasty, couldn't find Quaker but Malto Meal was making the same thing. Guess what just disssapeared from ALL the cereal aisles in my area. Puffed Wheat is a f#c@i*g classic so I don't think it's too big a leap to say, "Cereal conspiracy aimed at Jim!" :D

Leo Hinze

Stunt Coordinator
I miss the original Froot Loops.

Death to the marketing types who thought the cereal needed changing.

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
I remember the Quake vs. Quisp vote-off from the early 70's also. My favorite, Quisp, prevailed...even though it too disappeared for a number of years from the shelves.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Isn't it always that way! When you grow to like a product....they STOP making it! How many times has this happened to you?!
Another breakfast food I liked a few years back (that they completely stopped producing just to spite me :)) were the toaster pastries made by SnackWell's.
Pop-Tarts BEST flavor was discontinued 2 years ago as well (the Milk Chocolate ones....yum).

Stacey_V

Stunt Coordinator
I loved Boo Berry cereal....it may still be available in the U.S, but not up in Canada. I miss this stuff!

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
David VP, thanks for that link! I recently became the father of a baby boy, and will have to order the Quisp when he gets a little older. (what a great excuse to get my hands on some crunchy-sweet sugar goodness without the missus raising an eyebrow) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks