What's new

Weekly Roundup 12/3 (1 Viewer)

Matt Meyer

Stunt Coordinator
Well at "came-apart" the person at the counter before me paid $19.99 for Goldmember because they didn't know it was on sale and the till rang it up wrong. I wonder how many were sold at the wrong price? I said "um.....look at your circular maam". :)
So most people have had about the same type of service from Amazon.ca as regular Amazon? If so I might have to give them a try tonite!
Matt

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
I was hoping that the Disney stores would have a low price. Last time around they seemed to have the lowest numbered sets which is always a plus.
Chris S., even though I ordered my sets from amazon.ca for $16ish, I went ahead and picked up an extra copy of each set at Costco today (for $21.99). I got two of them in the 3000's and one of them in the 2000's, as far as serial numbers go.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
AndreaW, well I went to the Disney store tonight (two of them actually) to try and find some low numbers. The best I could do was MM #6685 and Goofy #4279. Low enough for me. I never did find anything lower than about 50,000 in Behind the Scenes so I'll pass for now. Hopefully I can hunt down a low number later on. I did notice that a lot of their stock was very closely numbered and then right in the middle would be something below 8,000. Strange.
A clerk and I actually went through what inventory they had looking for the lowest number. She said she looked through their whole stock earlier and the lowest number that they got in was MM #42, but they had sold it long ago. I knew I should have taken the day off :D!
Best Buy story: The cashier at BB actually gave me lip for trying to price match Lilo & Stich with the Kmart ad in hand. I eventually got the customer service people to set things straight but this isn't the first time I've had trouble at this store. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: for the Lewisville Texas store. I'll be taking my business elsewhere.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Had to run by Wal-Mart for some groceries, so I got L&S and AP:Gm there for $14.77 each. Also grabbed a couple from their $5 bin. No WD Treasures there at any price, so I headed to Costo as planned.
No dice. No Treasures in stock! :eek: I guess I will head to Circuit City for the $24.99 each deal. Bummer; this costs me $15 more since I need extra copies of two of them.
On the other hand, Costco DID have Twilight Zone Collection #'s 1 & 2 in stock for $68.99 each! :emoji_thumbsup:

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
There are 2 Wal-marts near me, one usually does the "beat their price" thing and the other doesn't. On a whim I called the store that usually doesn't as I needed to be in that area anyway, and the lady said L&S DVD was $14.77. At the store there were a few L&S displays, but the price was nowhere to be seen. Picked up my copy and went to the register where it rang up $18.77 (apparently the VHS was $14.77 there) Told the cashier that I had called ahead to verify the price, as I would have went to the other Wal-mart for the lower price. Manager came over, said give him the $14.77 price, plus the $3 drop for it ringing up wrong, scored L&S for $11.77! :D :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
David, So Costco had no Treasures? I'll have to check mine out. I was'nt going to buy these tins but they sound intriguing and I've always liked the Micky B&W Features. There's no way to just own Looney tunes and Not some classic disney shorts. As far as Twilight Zone, it's the one series I've always wanted in my collection but the cost of the disks for 4 half hour Eps I always thought was ridiculous, evenmore so than the TOS Disks. What's the story on these collections? Are they just the individual disk bundled? How many volumes are included?

Finally Dave a personal question or two. First I remember Reading that you willbe getting the Mintek Portable for Xmas. Let me know how that performs because I'mdying to buy a portable Widescreen DVD but do not want to spend the big Bucks. Second I notice on most weeks you buya motherlode of Discs. I'm no slouch but I don't buy anywhere near your volume. Where do you find the time to watch them all? I have a backlog of about 10 disks at any given time and with all these TV Seasons getting released things are getting even worse.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I had a problem finding the Disney Treasures today.
Went to Sams-NOPE went to Circuit City-NOPE...so I finally had to go to WOW! store, thinking I was going to pay alot more.
Which I didn't really mind since I got tired of running all over the place.
But they had the Disney Treasures for $23.99 each.
NOT TO BAD!

Oh, and Dave..thanks and good work like always.

I buy lots of discs every week.
About 5-10 and I'm VERY backlogged.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Note on Costco:

They had Goofy and MM in B&W....

BUT they also had re-stocked SILLY SYMPHONIES and MM IN COLOR! These haven't been in stock for some time now.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Dave: Read up in this thread for info on the sets; I believe you've posted in that thread by now, though.
I *don't* find time to watch all the stuff I buy. :D
I'm sure I'll let everyone know how the Mintek is come New Year's.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Dennis How much were the sets at costco?

Dave, well it's always nice to have the items on the shelf, you never know what your in the mood for. When do you think you'll reach critical mass thou?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I've almost reached it. When I do, it's unlikely that I'll have any motivation to continue the Weekly Roundup, though. :frowning:

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Say it ain't so Dave ! Weekly Roundup is God !

Have you done any thinning of titles? I have I thinned about 60 titles out of my collection. Non Anamorphics went first. Then it was titles that I bought and could definately live without. Now I'm mostly down to the Meat of the Collection, stuff that I absolutely want to have

Matt Hamand

Agent
My Costco (Carmel Mtn. Ranch, San Diego) had the new Disney Treasures and the old Disney Treasures. Lots of them.

Other new stuff- Twilight Zone 1 & 2, Transformers Season 1 for $34.99 (but no Season 2), Producers for $14.99, plenty of Monty Python and Space 1999 sets.

That's all I can remember. It wasn't really a DVD trip last night. I was surprised to see The Producers. Saved me a trip to Circuit City for the blind purchase.

Matt . . . Got the "Why are you buying something for yourself this close to Christmas?" look from his wife when I picked The Producers off the shelf.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
For those of you that ordered your Disney tins from amazon.ca, it looks like they didn't get their shipment of Mickey Mouse in B&W. My other two shipped, but Mickey is "usually ships in 4-6 weeks." Not a big deal, unless you wanted it for under the Christmas tree.

Edit: Nevermind. My Mickey BW status now says shipping soon on amazon.ca (my other two sets have already shipped). Guess they got their shipment in finally.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Dave: I rarely "thin" my collection; I only buy keepers. And that wouldn't really reduce the backlog of unwatched stuff, as I wouldn't thin anything I haven't watched yet!
Matt: I'm sure your mistaken about Transformers at Costco; it was probably Season 2 (which is actually "Season 2, Part 1"). You surely saw the "1" in "Part 1" and your brain froze! :D
A coworker told me that they got the Mickey Mouse in B&W at The Disney Store last night, and that the others were there as well. She forgot the price. I'll check into this later.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Circuit City had all of the new MGM budget titles -- including State of Grace, Miami Blues & Blue Steel -- for $9.99. I'm going to brave Best Buy this weekend w/the 10% off coupons to get a whopping buck off of a couple of them.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I should have picked up MM in color when it was released so I'm looking for that and the B&W and goofy Sets, probably pick these up with my Xmas shopping. And I want Tzone as well. God I hate Holidays, less money to spend on DVD's !

Matt Hamand

Agent
Dave

I checked the episode titles on the back of the box. The first was More than Meets the Eye Pt. 1. I looked at at least two in the pallet before giving up. There may have been S2 that I didn't see but the ones I looked at were definitley S1.

I would have bought S2 for that price. Hell I would have bought S1 at that price if I hadn't paid $10 more a couple of months ago.

Matt

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

My local Disney Store had 2 of the new MM tins (and none of the others) and the price was 24.99.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Beware about Miami Blues people in another thread are saying it's NOT 16x9(but is LTBX)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks