What's new

Weekly Roundup 3/4 (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Phew! Lots of titles this week (for Dave to list and for me to buy)! Luckily I won't be doing the "match this ad's price" game this week since online was the best solution for me. Usually I go to the Best Buy loss leaders and/or pricematch against Target or Circuit City. But with the older, non-blockbuster titles I want this week (SBits, Weight of Water, and Three Colors) it made more sense to shop online at Deep Discount DVD - I think I ended up saving over $25 on all my purchases even with expedited shipping!

Still, thanks as always Dave for the Roundup. March is looking pretty busy for me but I don't think much will be bought at the B&Ms due to the nature of the titles I want.

Alex Morrow

Stunt Coordinator
According to eFilmCritic the date for Conneticut Yankee/Emperor Waltz is this Tuesday. Also DVDPriceSearch claims it to be today. I'm a pretty big Bing fan also and plan to pick up all his movies that I can get my hands on. Including Rhythm on the Range/Rhythm on the River which is supposed to street tomorrow also.

Though after checking around some more Amazon and DVDEmpire list the above titles as May 6th. So my guess is that we wont be so lucky to get them tomorrow. So sad...

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Thanks as always for the Roundup! Looks like I'll be ordering Ringu online to save some cash. Both DVDPlanet.com and DVDEmpire.com have it for $20.99

Chris S.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
According to eFilmCritic the date for Conneticut Yankee/Emperor Waltz is this Tuesday. Also DVDPriceSearch claims it to be today. I'm a pretty big Bing fan also and plan to pick up all his movies that I can get my hands on. Including Rhythm on the Range/Rhythm on the River which is supposed to street tomorrow also.

Though after checking around some more Amazon and DVDEmpire list the above titles as May 6th. So my guess is that we wont be so lucky to get them tomorrow. So sad...
I'm looking at Universal's press materials database right now and it says the Bing film for Conn. Yankee is May 6, 2003.

eFilmCritic is not always correct. They show Smallville S1 with a March 18, 2003 release date, right? Well, it's been stated by the CEO of WB's Turner unit, Jamie Kellner, that this won't hit DVD until 2004.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Scott, are you connected with eFilmCritic? If you are and you said so, then I must have forgotten a long time ago. If the URL isn't in your sig, I'll forget. Trust me.

Oh, hey Scott! Your date is wrong on Smallville! :D

Erik Childress

Auditioning
Well,

As the resident DVD schedule master over at eFilmCritic, I can attest that Smallville DVD originally have a March 18 date. Perhaps it was tentative, but one of my various sources did confirm it at one time. Admittedly, this was several, several months ago and perhaps I missed the switch to a TBA.

That being said - one little mistake on a list of 1000+ titles/dates should be forgivable. Where else is there a DVD schedule that extensive on the web?

Erik

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Borders has the Three Colors set for $35.00. I've heard that BB has it for $29.99, but, to be honest, I can't deal with the lack of anything resembling customer service there, so I'd rather pay a bit more at Borders.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, Dave, EFC and HBS are my babies.

Thanks for bringing that oversight to my attention, as I know Erik strives for 100% accuracy. (He's as admirably anal about the DVD list as you are about your superlative Roundups.)

If anyone notices any 'definite' mistakes in the future, please let me know and I'll pass it along to our DVD guru.

Most importantly, thanks for using our schedule. It's one of our most beloved features these days.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
Just back from my trip to the Best Buy at the Cambridgeside Galleria, Cambridge MA.

I thought something didn't quite jibe... and checked this list again. At this Best Buy, they are charging $16.99 for The Ring, not $15.99!:eek:

Dave Kalloch

Stunt Coordinator
Stupid Curcuit City in Burlington MA doesn't even have Day the Earth Stood Still on their inventory list! Gahhhh!!!

Chris Richard

Auditioning
Went to my local Best Buy this morning - they didn't order any The Day The Earth Stood Still. Went 1/4 mile away to Circuit City - they didn't order any copies either. I found 5 copies at Media Play for $15.99. I bought one.

I must be getting old and out of the mainstream. I've been waiting for this title for a while. It must be like my 14 year old daughter says - "Not one of those old black and white movies, dad."

Carlos V III

Stunt Coordinator
Excellent list, as always Dave!

Between CC & BB I picked up Ring, Ringu, Osbournes & ST IV. No sign of Day the Earth Stood Still at either place.

BTW, checked my local Wal-Mart for Ringu. They never heard of it and were selling The Ring for $19.98. Needless to say, NO SALE.

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
Just got back from Best Buy and no Das Boot or Legends of the Fall Superbit. I had the stock dude climbing through all of today's unopened shipments. They expect them this week but I will go internet instead.

Still picked up quite a few titles w/o the Superbits.

Pete Moisan

Auditioning
Bad trip to Best Buy and Circuit City...No Day the Earth Stood Still. No Journey to the Center of the Earth. No Glenn Miller Story. No Benny Goodman Story.

When am I going to wake up and start ordering from the etailers?

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Bad trip to Best Buy and Circuit City...No Day the Earth Stood Still. No Journey to the Center of the Earth. No Glenn Miller Story. No Benny Goodman Story.

When am I going to wake up and start ordering from the etailers?
Pete, I can tell you I am equally frustrated when it comes to finding back catalog titles on release day. I can't tell you the amount of hours wasted looking for titles.

All I could tell you about ordering from e-tailers is this. Get all the bigger new releases(Star Trek, Ring, etc.) in store day of release. And all the back catalog stuff(Day the Earth Stood Still) order online from a vendor that you know will stock the item come release day. I do it and it works great. Have my "The Day the Earth Stood Still" right next to me as I type.

Cheers!!

Joe

Greg S

Supporting Actor
FYI to all Wally World shoppers!!

Check your local Wally World for the following titles

Star Trek IV - $14.77
Half Past Dead - $14.77
Belle's Magical World (last week's release)**this did come with the special compact - $14.77

As you can see they are cheaper for several items as usual your YMMV at Wally World but this is what they were at ONE of the stores I was in today.

Good Luck

Greg

Jodee

Screenwriter
So has anyone bought the Osbournes at Media Play?

I'm wondering how limited supplies were on the free "Dog Dish" and if it is a cool item?

Media Play is somewhat off the beaten path for me, but the price is nice and I'm intrigued by the dog dish.

Richard Gilmore

Stunt Coordinator
Went to Circuit City - No Day the Earth Stood Still or Journey to the Center of the Earth. Went across the street to Costco. They had both for $9.99 each! Costco seems to have lowered their prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks