What's new

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
If the order is still listed as pending, can you cancel it and then order directly from Twilight Time instead?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I ordered Moby Dick in the first seconds of pre-order from the TT website and it seems like it was about 2 weeks after the street date (11/15) before it arrived. So I don't think these delays are exclusive to SAE. I just think TT is too aggressive in setting their street date. They seem to have issues getting the product in stock in time for a prompt shipment.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I ordered Moby Dick in the first seconds of pre-order from the TT website and it seems like it was about 2 weeks after the street date (11/15) before it arrived. So I don't think these delays are exclusive to SAE. I just think TT is too aggressive in setting their street date. They seem to have issues getting the product in stock in time for a prompt shipment.

Since TT ships directly from the Technicolor replication facility warehouse, it pretty easy to pinpoint the culprit. TT even posted a blurb confirming that TC buyout and closing of the Cinram facilites thinking they could absorb the excess capacity into the existing TC facility caused a large ripple effect. It's not only affected TT, but ended up trickling down to many other studios

If you make an order for 3000 units with TC to be completed for street date of 3/28 4 months ahead of time, they confirm the order, and then they are 1-2 weeks late I'm not TT has any blame in the issues. I know Cinram frequently used to bump TT 'small' print runs when they were behind on a major studio release with 100K units (if your CInram who are you going to bump)

That doesn't seem to be Mike;s problem however. I'm a little confused why his order specifically got delayed past the weekend after release date when it seems most people got shipment with the new releases from SAE

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That specifically doesn't seem to be Mike;s problem, but I'm a little confused why his order specifically got delayed at least past the weekend after release date when it seems most people got shipment emails with the new release from SAE

So I sent the SAE customer service rep the following e-mail yesterday:

Hi Katie!

Nine days since your response and no package in sight. And your site still lists my order as "pending."

Why the delay?

Mike Frezon

Her response this morning:

Good morning,

I sincerely apologize for the delay. It looks like we had an error in processing. Your order will ship out today.

Sincerely,

Katie

No longer pending. Hurrah. :rolleyes:

I've got a tracking number which tells me a label has been created. I would suspect I might see it sometime next week.

Wonder what would have happened if I hadn't persisted?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm glad it's cleared up, but definitely out of the norm. I've probably made 40 SAE orders in the last 5 years and never gotten delayed like that -- other than when it was due to them not having product. I made a last ditch sale order Monday and it arrived today which is unusual the other direction -- usually a Monday order would be a Sat/Mon delivery.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I made a last ditch sale order Monday and it arrived today which is unusual the other direction -- usually a Monday order would be a Sat/Mon delivery.

Well, you don't have to rub it in! :laugh:

Normally, I take these things in stride. But I've been wanting How To Succeed on Blu for a very long time...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
water.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks