What's new

Warner Archives in 2014? Take A Shot! (1 Viewer)

John Karras

Second Unit
Real Name
Lawrence
David Weicker said:
This is the Internet.Never whisper 'honest mistake'when you can yell 'EVIL AND MALICIOUS INTENT'especially when the facts aren't known to you personally.
No one claimed evil or malicious intent. Simply yet another botched release with 20% of the product missing. That is the reality. This industry is not in it's infancy anymore, and given the number of customer complaints that have been generated over the years to studios who lack either the knowledge or quality control to catch this kind of sloppiness, the "honest mistake" excuse has worn thin.

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
John Karras said:
No one claimed evil or malicious intent. Simply yet another botched release with 20% of the product missing. That is the reality. This industry is not in it's infancy anymore, and given the number of customer complaints that have been generated over the years to studios who lack either the knowledge or quality control to catch this kind of sloppiness, the "honest mistake" excuse has worn thin.
Of course the studios could just opt not to release anything in the first place. Then there would be no honest mistakes. I've always wanted to see the original tv version of "Duel" before it was expanded for foreign theatrical release but AFAIK only the lengthened version has ever been released on video.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Of course the studios could just opt not to release anything in the first place. Then there would be no honest mistakes.I've always wanted to see the original tv version of "Duel" before it was expanded for foreign theatrical release but AFAIK only the lengthened version has ever been released on video.
There's actually several TV movies which were longer or expanded from what aired. The second Kolchak movie, The Night Strangler, was supposed to be aired in a 2-hour time slot but was cut down for a 90 minute slot. The long version has come out on DVD and VHS before that.

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Neil Brock said:
There's actually several TV movies which were longer or expanded from what aired. The second Kolchak movie, The Night Strangler, was supposed to be aired in a 2-hour time slot but was cut down for a 90 minute slot. The long version has come out on DVD and VHS before that.
As for "Duel" though, after postponing the DVD release several times I was hoping Universal would put both versions on the DVD -- even Spielberg referenced both versions in his interview segment.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
David Weicker said:
This is the Internet.Never whisper 'honest mistake' when you can yell 'EVIL AND MALICIOUS INTENT'especially when the facts aren't known to you personally.
Who was yelling that? It's all conjecture as to why and how it happened. The indisputable fact is that it did and WB knew about it BEFORE they released it, yet saved the announcement until after it was made public by others so that they could cash in on it at least temporarily. At least that part of it is NOT an "honest mistake." For that I won't yell nor will I claim it's evil or malicious, but unethical and underhanded, yes.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Neil Brock said:
It happened to the pilot movie for The Amazing Spider-Man, too. The producer even said in an interview that they went back to look for every scrap of extra film they could find to pad it out to feature length. I owned this on CED disc many years ago (before having the VHS) and thinking about how certain parts of it just drug on and on. When I discovered it was padded with about as much as 20 extra minutes, I thought how much I'd like to see the original 70-odd minute presentation. Maybe it wouldn't be as boring.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Well, I was expecting Jetsons season 3 this morning. So Bret Maverick was a nice surprise. still hoping Young/New Maverick makes it out.Wonder what's next week?Jthree

wack55

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
What about the remainder of

Hanna-Barbera's
The Greatest Advenures Stories from the Bibles cartoons (remastered)

The Smurfs (seasons 2 thru 9 in single season sets, remastered)

Snorks (seasons 2 thru 4 in single season sets, remastered)

The Flintstones 25th Anniversary Celebration (60-minute TV special from 1986, hosted by Harvey Korman and Tim Conway, remastered)

the rest of the Yogi Bear spinoffs (1985's Treasure Hunt, 1978's Space Race, etc., remastered)

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
Actually, the seventh season and final season of Without A Trace has already been confirmed for next week, giving them two tv releases, and I just noticed this morning that Jetsons is available for preorder for May 13, a few weeks away. As far as any guesses I may have, we are due for another season of Alice and another season of Sugarfoot sometime soon.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
I'll take another shot right here!Two TV series versions of No Time For Sergeants and Mister Roberts, and two other sitcoms, Room For One More and Hank. Two of the four, MR and Hank are in color, so that could give the WB MOD folks something to think about.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
We'll see the final two seasons of "The FBI" come out in June and October I predict, assuming they stick to the same four month patterns they've been going with since February 2013.

wack55

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
For the Hanna-Barbera classics label on DVD,

Ultraman the Adventure Begins

Foofur

Clue Club

The Ruff and Reddy Show

Oliver and the Artful Dodger

The Banana Splits

Rock Odyssey

Pound Puppies (1986 series)

The Flintstone Comedy Hour

Last of the Curlews

The Kwicky Koala Show

Cattanooga Cats

and

Robin Hoodnik

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Bronco
77 Sunset Strip
Hawaiin Eye,
Dr Kildare Season 3 ....
Bourbon Street Beat
Surfside Six
Lawman
Colt 45
Alaskan s
Room For One More

Got my fingers crossed .

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
All this time, I never realized that one of my two 1980s Grail titles "Goodnight Beantown" (Bill Bixby/Mariette Hartley) was a Warner production. Since they're released plenty of other one season 80s titles I hope they can make room for this someday. (my other 80s Grail is "Crazy Like A Fox" and I fear that's Sony controlled)

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Jack P said:
All this time, I never realized that one of my two 1980s Grail titles "Goodnight Beantown" (Bill Bixby/Mariette Hartley) was a Warner production. Since they're released plenty of other one season 80s titles I hope they can make room for this someday. (my other 80s Grail is "Crazy Like A Fox" and I fear that's Sony controlled)
Nice! Someone else remembers Goodnight, Beantown!

JMas

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Mason
Since McClain's Law with James Arness is already being streamed on the WA website, I am hoping this means a DVD release is coming soon.

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
I have a feeling a Warner Archive Spenser for Hire release is imminent. I got this post on Facebook due to my 'liking' the WA FBI page:
spenser.JPG

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
Guy Foulard said:
I have a feeling a Warner Archive Spenser for Hire release is imminent.
If that that turns out to be true, it would be awesome. Spenser and 77 Sunset Strip are the only two series I really want that have had no season releases yet (assuming Batman actually comes out in November). I've enjoyed the four Lifetime movies that Rykodisc released way back, but they are not the same as the series: no Barbara Stock and no Boston scenery. Gimme more Avery Brooks, stealing every scene he's in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks