1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Warner Archives in 2014? Take A Shot!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Frank Soyke, Dec 27, 2013.

Tags:
  1. maskedmala

maskedmala Stunt Coordinator

Maurice
    I'm with you Neil on No Time for Sergeants. Sammy Jackson is good in the role of Will Stockdale and it's a good military sitcom. As for Mr. Roberts, since it's also a military sitcom, it might be a good buy. Sam Benedict sounds very interesting with what I read about that show and with Edmond O'Brien (who had starred two years earlier in the underrated private eye series "Johnny Midnight" - that should be on DVD) you know it's got to be good.

2. Will Krupp

Will Krupp Cinematographer

Will
    For some reason, I have really fond memories of the opening credits to that one. I think the opening song was called something bland and innocuous like "Two People" and it featured Howard and Danner as opposing counsels arguing fiercely in court and then both dropping something on the floor so they could smile and wink at each other under their respective tables. I was only five and I couldn't tell you a damn thing about the show itself but for some mysterious reason I've never forgotten those credits!

I must have liked the show too because I can remember being really bummed when my mom told me it was cancelled.

3. JamesSmith

JamesSmith Screenwriter

For short lived shows, I want:chicago Teddy BearsTime ExpressYoung MaverickRango (Tim Conway)And a few others I cannot remember right now?James

Ron1973 likes this.
  4. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

New reply from WA facebook page that will make those who have been waiting for the short lived show: "The Dakotas" very happy:

Gary OS, ChrisALM, Silverking and 4 others like this.
  5. Silverking

Silverking Stunt Coordinator

Chris Street
    That seems fairlly definite we will see a release early next year.

I would really like 'The Alaskans' as well but that seems unlikely. I wonder if they will do Colt 45. also.

6. Gary OS

Gary OS Producer

Gary
    Great news! Thanks, Randy!

Gary "this is the western from WB that I've been most anxious to own" O.

7. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

They have acknowledged colt .45 so I think they will do it. I have a feeling Lawman may be released before colt .45 though. The Alaskans has a shot because of Roger Moore being in it. Not sure if there are any music issues on that one.

8. phenri

phenri Second Unit

Paul
    I'm still praying that the WB detective shows can be cleared sometime soon. Maybe Shout! can take a shot at it.

9. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

Its a music rights issue. If Warner can get them cleared they will release them as they know there is a big demand for them.

10. JMas

JMas Stunt Coordinator

John Mason
    I thought they might release McClain's Law with James Arness since they have been streaming it.

11. Neil Brock

Neil Brock Producer

I was in high school and really enjoyed the show, in no small part due to how hot Blythe Danner was with her super long blonde hair and sexy voice. Having had the chance to view all of the episodes again in the last several years, I can say that the show definitely holds up.

12. Neil Brock

Neil Brock Producer

As The Alaskans was one of the few WB shows whose 16mm prints didn't really flood the collectors market in the early 90s with all of their other shows, I haven't had a chance to see too many of them. From what little I've seen, its not a very good show but there's a curiosity about it due to its rarity. As for music, I'm pretty sure that Dorothy Provine is in there to belt out numbers in the dance hall on a regular basis, similiar to what she did in Roaring 20's. Since the show takes place in the 19th century, maybe the songs are all old and PD. If not, I don't think we'll get to see it any time soon.

13. iDarren

iDarren Stunt Coordinator

Can somebody please clarify - is the audio soundtrack fully original on Spencer for Hire?

14. JamesSmith

JamesSmith Screenwriter

Was surprised that the Banana Splits and more HB didn't make it out in 2014.James

15. Kasey

Kasey Supporting Actor

Kasey
    w_wishlist_2015.
    I posted this image on their Facebook page with the caption: "More '80s sitcoms in 2015 please!". Their response was "There will be! Thanks".

Kirk76 likes this.
  16. Regulus

Regulus Cinematographer

William Hughes
    After Hot Wheels and Skyhawks the animated series The Banana Splits, The Adventures of Gulliver & The New Adventures of Huck Finn & the 1967 Fantastic 4. among others are my HB "Grail Shows".

17. bretmaverick2

bretmaverick2 Supporting Actor

Tom Hunter
    Okay, so am I missing something? Haven't seen this thread updated for a while. I have some shows I'm waiting for.

Or does someone want to let me know where they directly get this info from??

Thanks, all!

18. bronson

bronson Stunt Coordinator

Adrian
    I hope for "Spenser for Hire"- Season 2 in 2015.

19. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

WA takes December off as far as new releases go. They just do Paramount reissues and sales that month. There have been no new TV or Animated shows released in 2015 yet if that is what you are asking but check their website tomorrow as something could show up tomorrow. If not its back to business as usual checking every Tuesday and trying to guess what they will release.