What's new

Warner Archives in 2014? Take A Shot! (1 Viewer)

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
A couple of items

-- Did the WB Archives Facebook page disappear?? Have tried to locate it but just can't find it anymore! It was a great place for fans to ask questions and get direct responses form "the source".

-- Since "Bret Maverick" and "Maverick Season 5" have been released, I am hoping for a fairly quick release of "Young Maverick" which they had stated would definately happen on said Facebook page. Anyone have info on a YM release?????

-- With the wealth of material they have released (relating to their 50s/60s western series), I can't really complain.

Not only tv programs, but I have found some other films and limited series on the site that I didn't even realize was out there.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
All this time, I never realized that one of my two 1980s Grail titles "Goodnight Beantown" (Bill Bixby/Mariette Hartley) was a Warner production. Since they're released plenty of other one season 80s titles I hope they can make room for this someday. (my other 80s Grail is "Crazy Like A Fox" and I fear that's Sony controlled)
Very underrated and funny show. I found myself laughing a lot when I transferred my tapes over a few years ago.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Neil Brock said:
Very underrated and funny show. I found myself laughing a lot when I transferred my tapes over a few years ago.
I was all of 9 years old when it came on I believe. Of course Bill Bixby was (and still is) a favorite actor of mine both as Dr. David Banner and Tim O'Hara on two shows I loved as a kid. I would love to see that one again.....oh for a time machine! :D

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
guesses for May 13Sugarfoot season 3Real Adventures of Johnny Quest season 2.1Spencer for HireAlice season 5Any other guesses/hopes?P.S. Hope to see Goodnight, Beantown myselfJthree

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
JamesSmith said:
guesses for May 13Sugarfoot season 3Real Adventures of Johnny Quest season 2.1Spencer for HireAlice season 5Any other guesses/hopes?P.S. Hope to see Goodnight, Beantown myselfJthree
Daktari 3 or Sugarfoot 3.They already stated on the website that they are no where near a release on Alice 5.

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
My only guess / hope is for YOUNG MAVERICK. And I am basing this on the fact that a rep on the Warner Archives Facebook page stated a few months ago that YOUNG MAVERICK and BRET MAVERICK were both definately 'go's. And since BRET recently was released, I am hopeful that YOUNG is soon to follow!!

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Jetsons season 3 is already announced as their animation release for next week. Since we just had a Johnny Quest release I wouldn't expect another until later in the year.
My guess is The Jetsons is their only TV release next week.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Perhaps not the best of places, but could a Warner Archive fan post the appropriate email address for a defective disc issue? Disc 3 of my season 1 Daktari set that I received as a Christmas gift last year has major playback problems.

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
No surprise coming from me, but I am hoping for a wrap up of the Maverick material with a release of YOUNG MAVERICK.

That would be the last of the Maverick material to come out. And it does offer a cameo by Garner as Bret in the first episode!!! So that could even put a small picture of him on the casing.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Do you think they will include the two hour pilot, new/young maverick that has already been released on DVD?I'm going to bet when the San Diego Comic Con comes out, they'll put out some some short lived sci fi series, like Invasion America and Wizards and WarriorsJames

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
JamesSmith said:
Do you think they will include the two hour pilot, new/young maverick that has already been released on DVD?James

Not sure about that. I've wondered, too. My guess would be that since the release of THE NEW MAVERICK wasn't all that long ago, it probably won't be included. But then again, I've been known to be wrong :)

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
On their Facebook page over the past month, WA has said that the next seasons of Alice and Falcon Crest are coming but no ETA has been established. They also said that The Dakota's and Beantown are coming but not for a while. That combined with the fact that that they have already done releases this year for Kildare, Medical Center, and The FBI really only leaves three realistic possibilities: Sugerfoot, Daktari, or a new one.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Frank Soyke said:
On their Facebook page over the past month, WA has said that the next seasons of Alice and Falcon Crest are coming but no ETA has been established. They also said that The Dakota's and Beantown are coming but not for a while. That combined with the fact that that they have already done releases this year for Kildare, Medical Center, and The FBI really only leaves three realistic possibilities: Sugerfoot, Daktari, or a new one.
As in Goodnight, Beantown? I haven't watched that since it first aired and have always wanted to see it again. A must have if so!

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Yes they mentioned they were looking into remastering it soon. So it could be out later this year or early next year.
Ron1973 said:
As in Goodnight, Beantown? I haven't watched that since it first aired and have always wanted to see it again. A must have if so!

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
JamesSmith said:
Well. . . . I guess we should start guessing what's coming out next week?James
I think it's going to be Spenser: for Hire, based on their creating a Facebook page for it...

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Great news on "Goodnight Beantown". That would mean four of Bill Bixby's five starring series would have made it to DVD.

"The FBI" S8 should, if they are maintaining their schedule, come out in June with the final season in October.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks