What's new

Warner Archive Press Release: Popeye The Sailor: The 1940s Volume 3 (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
Amazon has dropped their pricing to $17.99, but, you might not get it until Christmas.:)

This is for the Blu-Ray version at $17.99 but the regular DVD version is going for $19.99 versus Best Buy, which they're charging $17.99 for either version. Nothing posted to Walmart as of yet.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Oh, I C. I am so into pre-orders lately that I have multiple Blus coming from all four Amazons and probably didn’t notice, since I am also way behind in viewing, though I did watch it first when it arrived.

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W

Ken_Martinez

BANNED
Real Name
Ken
A review is up on Blu-Ray.Com

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Popeye-the-Sailor-The-1940s-Volume-3-Blu-ray/249232/

One revelation: The negatives for one of the cartoons was partially missing, and the remainder was so badly damaged and faded that the whole cartoon was almost excluded from the set. WAC went to extremes to get the cartoon into a releasable state.

That should be commended. You needn't look further than the Brothers Grimm thread to see what happens when original elements are too far gone for a release to be feasible.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm looking at my Volume 3 Blu-ray right now and I'm too lazy to go downstairs to fetch the previous two volumes that are stored down there. Do they have the following disclaimer also on the back cover?

"Popeye the Sailor: The 1940s, Volume 3 Is Intended for the Adult Collector and May Not Be Suitable for Children"

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
I'm looking at my Volume 3 Blu-ray right now and I'm too lazy to go downstairs to fetch the previous two volumes that are stored down there. Do they have the following disclaimer also on the back cover?

"Popeye the Sailor: The 1940s, Volume 3 Is Intended for the Adult Collector and May Not Be Suitable for Children"

Yes

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul

That disclaimer has actually been on every Warner home video classic cartoon set since volume three of the Looney Tunes Golden Collection, including the three volumes of black-and-white Popeyes.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
That disclaimer has actually been on every Warner home video classic cartoon set since volume three of the Looney Tunes Golden Collection, including the three volumes of black-and-white Popeyes.
That tells you how much I pay attention to what's written on the cover art. Frankly, I'm surprised I even noticed it today as I don't spend much time looking at the cover art at all.

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
Perhaps this has already been answered in here....but I did not find it: How do the ARCHIVE COLLECTION differ from the 2 disc sets such as POPEYE THE SAILOR 1938 TO1940 (31 THEATRICAL SHORTS ON 2 DISCS-brown cover), and POPEYE THE SAILOR 1941 TO 1943 (32 THEATRICAL SHORT ON 2 DISCS-blue cpver), issued previously? Thank you.

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
Perhaps this has already been answered in here....but I did not find it: How do the ARCHIVE COLLECTION differ from the 2 disc sets such as POPEYE THE SAILOR 1938 TO1940 (31 THEATRICAL SHORTS ON 2 DISCS-brown cover), and POPEYE THE SAILOR 1941 TO 1943 (32 THEATRICAL SHORT ON 2 DISCS-blue cpver), issued previously? Thank you.

None of the cartoons on the Warner Archive Blu-Rays were on those earlier DVD sets, or ever issued officially on video at all.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Well, I don't know why everyone says that it takes forever to get pre-orders from Amazon. I have never had that problem, and in fact have never had to wait over 1-2 days post release to receive my order.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well, I don't know why everyone says that it takes forever to get pre-orders from Amazon. I have never had that problem, and in fact have never had to wait over 1-2 days post release to receive my order.
Because people are having their pre-orders delayed and you're one of the lucky ones that hasn't experienced that problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks