What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Press Release Warner Archive Collection Press Release: Devil's Doorway (1950) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
I have never seen this movie so was considering buying the DVD, as it's not available to stream. IMHO Warner transfers are usually close to the best they can be, so I was thrown by your comments, what did you not like about the DVD?
If you consider the DVD poor, unless new elements have been discovered, this does not bode well for this Blu-ray?

I think the DVD was decent by DVD standards but I thought the movie deserved a Blu-ray.
Warner went the extra mile with a 4K scan so this will be as good as it gets and I would not be worried at all.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I think the DVD was decent by DVD standards but I thought the movie deserved a Blu-ray.
Warner went the extra mile with a 4K scan so this will be as good as it gets and I would not be worried at all.
You have to remember that the 2010 DVD was from Warner Archive which means it was derived from an older scan and not much else was done to it in comparison to a normally released DVD. Any anomalies were not clean up or removed.

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
Thanks. The DVD does not have subtitles (a strike against it) but does it have Closed Captions?

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
Thanks. The DVD does not have subtitles (a strike against it) but does it have Closed Captions?
I checked three of my Warner Archive DVDs and none have CC, so I think it unlikely for Devil's Doorway!

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
You have to remember that the 2010 DVD was from Warner Archive which means it was derived from an older scan and not much else was done to it in comparison to a normally released DVD. Any anomalies were not clean up or removed.

Lack of cleanup was never really an issue for me with the Warner Archive releases but a DVD is still a DVD and I am very glad that we will now be getting a Blu-ray from a new 4k scan.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Release date has been changed again to May 7th.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ciuycjsgfvbn
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale