What's new

Warner Archive Press Release: Popeye The Sailor: The 1940s Volume 3 (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Because people are having their pre-orders delayed and you're one of the lucky ones that hasn't experienced that problem.
OK, well, I guess I've been very lucky and hope that it holds up as I have 2 or 3 preorders coming out in the next week.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
So, I stupidly put my faith into Amazon, once again, to ship this order on time.

It's supposed to be in homes tomorrow.

My order has not shipped and I get the usual "we need more time to provide you with an estimate"

Meanwhile, BestBuy won't get it to me until the 23rd.

I could go with DeepDiscount and their 15% sale, but generally, DeepDiscount is more expensive than most and their shipping time is awful.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
So, I stupidly put my faith into Amazon, once again, to ship this order on time.

My order has not shipped and I get the usual "we need more time to provide you with an estimate"

I could go with DeepDiscount and their 15% sale, but generally, DeepDiscount is more expensive than most and their shipping time is awful.
Ron, I preordered this from Best Buy earlier this month and it got delivered on Saturday. Perhaps now, BB is getting inundated with frustrated Amazon customers.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Ron, I preordered this from Best Buy earlier this month and it got delivered on Saturday. Perhaps now, BB is getting inundated with frustrated Amazon customers.

I'll order it from Best Buy, though they are going to charge me $4 for shipping. No store pickup.

Amazon better get their shit together before THE WIZARD OF OZ ships next month. That's a big title and if Amazon can't deliver it to their customers they are going to lose Warner customers.

ThadK

Second Unit

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'll order it from Best Buy, though they are going to charge me $4 for shipping. No store pickup.

Amazon better get their shit together before THE WIZARD OF OZ ships next month. That's a big title and if Amazon can't deliver it to their customers they are going to lose Warner customers.
@Ronald Epstein Ron,
Have you order "The Set-Up" yet that comes out on September 24th? I highly recommend this movie to you. If you order that title along with Popeye, you get free shipping and they will ship separately without any extra shipping costs.

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W

And their customer service is nothing to write home about neither...Walmart.com has it available for $16 bucks if you want an alternative.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
@Ronald Epstein Ron,
Have you order "The Set-Up" yet that comes out on September 24th? I highly recommend this movie to you. If you order that title along with Popeye, you get free shipping and they will ship separately without any extra shipping costs.

You talked me into it.

Took a chance and ordered THE SETUP along with POPEYE and a copy of FLESH GORDON that still hasn't arrived from Amazon.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
You talked me into it.

Took a chance and ordered THE SETUP along with POPEYE and a copy of FLESH GORDON that still hasn't arrived from Amazon.
It's a really good boxing movie and one that Martin Scorsese probably loves and was an influence on him along with "Body and Soul" in making "Raging Bull". One more thing, a boxing movie in which the main bout was actually fought by actors that could actually box.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
It's a really good boxing movie and one that Martin Scorsese probably loves and was an influence on him along with "Body and Soul" in making "Raging Bull". One more thing, a boxing movie in which the main bout was actually fought by actors that could box.

Excellent!

I still have to watch WAGON MASTER which I will probably do today.

kitt1987

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andy
Chalk up some kudos to Best Buy as I had pre-ordered from them and my disc arrived yesterday (the 16th).

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Let me know if you liked the film.

Absolutely SENSATIONAL!

I LOVED Wagon Master.

The sister that blows the horn looked very, very familiar. When I did an IMDB search I discovered not only was she in MY DARLING CLEMENTINE but she was the bird lady ("Feed The Birds") in Mary Poppins. That was her last film.

Guess John Ford also brought along actor Russell Simpson. I recognized him too from another film and found out, also, MY DARLING CLEMENTINE.

Yeah, this was a terrific western. Thanks so much for turning me on to it.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Just had to cancel my FREE Popeye Vol.3 order from Amazon ! Because they don't order enough stock ! New order from B&Nob. Coming in a few day's ! Amazon is Terrible with the WBArchive titles. : ( .... UnF%$&ingbelievable ! ?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Absolutely SENSATIONAL!

I LOVED Wagon Master.

The sister that blows the horn looked very, very familiar. When I did an IMDB search I discovered not only was she in MY DARLING CLEMENTINE but she was the bird lady ("Feed The Birds") in Mary Poppins. That was her last film.

Guess John Ford also brought along actor Russell Simpson. I recognized him too from another film and found out, also, MY DARLING CLEMENTINE.

Yeah, this was a terrific western. Thanks so much for turning me on to it.
Jane Darwell and Russell Simpson appeared in a number of Ford movies. I'm very happy you enjoyed the movie.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just had to cancel my FREE Popeye Vol.3 order from Amazon ! Because they don't order enough stock ! New order from B&Nob. Coming in a few day's ! Amazon is Terrible with the WBArchive titles. : ( .... UnF%$&ingbelievable ! ?

You might as well cancel WIZARD OF OZ from them as well if on order. Their ship date has changed to unknown.

Dave Jessup

Stunt Coordinator
Decided to give Movie-Zyng a try for Popeye this time around. Ordered Saturday; shipped yesterday, expected in home by this Friday.
If all continues smoothly I'll probably stay with them for future MOD orders.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks