What's new

Warner Archive Press Release: Popeye The Sailor: The 1940s Volume 3 (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Well, at risk of stating the obvious -- yesterday (i didn't check Monday) unless you want to specify preorder at a specific retailer but 2-3 weeks pre release is pretty common with many of the Allied Vaughn titles.

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
https://www.deepdiscount.com/popeye-the-sailor-the-1940s-vol-3/883929692583

If it's up on one ALLIANCE site, it should be up soon on B&N and the rest. Bullmoose is often a few days behind the ALLIANCE shops

Actually all the September items appear to be up for order now if you want something to grab Free Shipping

Interesting in that I see three separate listings for the Volume 3 edition without cover art to it, so not sure if those are just placeholders or when they'll decide to update said site to reflect a BD and DVD version like they have the other two previous volumes of The 1940s and there are also two different DVD listings of the same title with two different prices to boot....https://www.deepdiscount.com/search?mod=AV&q=popeye

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Interesting in that I see three separate listings for the Volume 3 edition without cover art to it, so not sure if those are just placeholders or when they'll decide to update said site to reflect a BD and DVD version like they have the other two previous volumes of The 1940s and there are also two different DVD listings of the same title with two different prices to boot....https://www.deepdiscount.com/search?mod=AV&q=popeye

Usually I just Filter Warner Archives and BD then Newest first (or UPC if I'm just looking for a single item)
Young Sheldon appears to have a dupe listing as well and none of those extras were there last night when I did my WAC search or even this morning. Don't know if those dead links mean getting ready to update.

883929692583 is the Blu-ray -- the middle item which appears active and has the order link.

The 3rd item says DVD on my screen though it doesn't seem to go anywhere and I actually don't think there is even a DVD release scheduled
The 1st doesn;t seem to go anywhere when you click either and just loops back to the same page.

https://www.deepdiscount.com/search...t=Blu-ray#!?pagenum=1&sortby=AvailabledateNew

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
As much as we financially depend on our members ordering through the Amazon links, I would highly not recommend anyone preordering this or any WAC title from Amazon.

It just won't arrive.

You are better off ordering from BestBuy or DeepDiscount.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
As much as we financially depend on our members ordering through the Amazon links, I would highly not recommend anyone preordering this or any WAC title from Amazon.

It just won't arrive.

Speaking of Best Buy, it appears they're no longer carrying new Warner Archive titles. They didn't for August and so far I can't find them having pre-order links for September titles. Our retailer choices are dwindling before our eyes.:(

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Speaking of Best Buy, it appears they're no longer carrying new Warner Archive titles. They didn't for August and so far I can't find them having pre-order links for September titles. Our retailer choices are dwindling before our eyes.:(
It appears to be happening with Target too. What the hell is going on with Warner Archive titles and the retailer supply chain?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I'll have to pose that question to George. Maybe this is an issue with Warner and not the retailers.

Anyone know if DeepDiscount charges you immediately for preorders or at ship date?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'll have to pose that question to George. Maybe this is an issue with Warner and not the retailers.

Anyone know if DeepDiscount charges you immediately for preorders or at ship date?
I wish you would as Barnes & Noble is another retailer not stocking these new pre-orders. Besides Deep Discount, I can't find a retailer that has any pre-order links for the upcoming WA titles. This is going to negatively affect the number of units sold for these BD titles.

ThadK

Second Unit
Give them time before drawing conclusions. B&N has the pre-order for The Jetsons still up (release date 9/10), it might be bit before Popeye Vol. 3, which's release date seems so randomly... quick, turns up.

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
I agree. I don't think we need to rush to any conclusions yet. I mean, even the wbshop doesn't have any of the September pre-orders up (outside of The Jetsons, which has been up a few weeks). I know, Warner doesn't own that site anymore, but it still stands to reason that that site should have them available at least. So, until that site has them up (and this is hardly the first time this year they didn't get the next month's releases up until just about the tail end of the previous month, either).

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Agreed -- B&N preorders on many things tends to take a bit longer to show up as Criterions often go up several days after DD and Amazon. Even Deep Discount's listing are at best incomplete

Unless they've changed their relationship with ALLIANCE Ent I still think they'll show up after the Holiday weekend. WAC and the other pressed MOD lines have always shown up fairly late. Since Deep Discount which is fully run by ALLIANCE and isn't just an affiliate has these for order, I assume that means that Allied Vaughn and ALLIANCE haven't changed their deals.

Not sure about BBY, but I'm pretty sure they are primarily supplied by AES though I think they have at least a passing relationship with the other wholesalers that are left though I'm not entirely sure who's left. I think Ingram bought the Media section of B&T who had been the other minor competitor and I know Ingram has been Target's main supplier for awhile. The remnants of Anderson I'm pretty sure was mainly absorbed into ALLIANCE

MovieZyng which is essentially Allied Vaughn Direct doesn't have most of the newer September items up either. They have The Jetsons, The Letter, Lethal Weapon S3 and the 2 3D re-releases, but none of the others

Same with Indie Bullmoose

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Just about all of the retailers have The Jetsons except Best Buy. It doesn't hurt asking a question to Warner Archive regarding retailer availability. Wouldn't you guys want some clarification if you can get it?

kitt1987

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andy

It just won't arrive.

That's what I was going to do Robert and I agree. I personally prefer going through Best Buy (they have always been great about ensuring delivery on release day). So far I haven't seen anything on their site.

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
Just about all of the retailers have The Jetsons except Best Buy. It doesn't hurt asking a question to Warner Archive regarding retailer availability. Wouldn't you guys want some clarification if you can get it?
Believe me, I would like some clarification, as I'm less than thrilled Best Buy hasn't put up any of WAC's August releases (after I just started buying WAC titles through them). Still, I'm just saying that this isn't the first time this year that WAC titles have taken their time in being put up for pre-order, as I recall the April releases didn't show up too quickly (especially not on wbshop, where I had wanted, at the time, to pre-order Summer Stock when I bought some titles in their March 4for$44 sale, but that didn't happen).

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie

It's been my experience with DD that they only charge when something ships. If you order multiple titles and the order includes a pre-order, everything but the pre-order will charge and ship with the pre-ordered title(s) shipping separately and charged at that time.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
It's been my experience with DD that they only charge when something ships. If you order multiple titles and the order includes a pre-order, everything but the pre-order will charge and ship with the pre-ordered title(s) shipping separately and charged at that time.

Thank you for that response.

I like DD charging policy. I hate the fact that BB charges you immediately and as thus, I try not to preorder titles from them that are many weeks away.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Believe me, I would like some clarification, as I'm less than thrilled Best Buy hasn't put up any of WAC's August releases (after I just started buying WAC titles through them). Still, I'm just saying that this isn't the first time this year that WAC titles have taken their time in being put up for pre-order, as I recall the April releases didn't show up too quickly (especially not on wbshop, where I had wanted, at the time, to pre-order Summer Stock when I bought some titles in their March 4for$44 sale, but that didn't happen).

As far as I can tell WAC hasn't post the last five announcements on the WB shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks