What's new

Press Release Warner Archive Collection Announcement: King Solomon's Mines (1950) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Coming from the Warner Archive Collection this May!

NEW 2023 1080p HD Master from 4K Scan of original Technicolor camera negatives.

KING SOLOMON’S MINES (1950)

Run Time 104:00
Subtitles English SDH
Audio Specs DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English
Aspect Ratio 16x9 1.37:1 with side mattes
Product Color COLOR
Disc Configuration BD 50

Special Features: Behind-the-Scenes featurette “Jungle Safari” HD; Original Theatrical Trailer

Cast: Deborah Kerr, Stewart Granger, Richard Carlson

Before there was Indiana Jones, there was Allan Quartermain, the stalwart hero of H. Rider Haggard's classic 1885 novel that has been filmed four times. Stewart Granger plays Quartermain in this 1950 M-G-M adaptation that was nominated for the Best Picture Oscar®, and won the awards for Best Color CInematography and Best Editing. Deborah Kerr plays the plain Englishwoman who hires Quartermain to lead the hunt for her missing husband, even though no safari has ever returned from uninhabited regions their expeditions must cross. Part adventure, part spectacle and filmed amid the awesome splendor and peril of untamed Africa, King Solomon's Mines is a film to treasure.

1681761099607.png

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
The opening titles copy GWTW - where the words sweep across the screen = a grand opening!

And interestingly, the film eschews a traditional film score for tribal source music. However, the original trailer features an original composition by the great Miklós Rózsa, two-thirds of which are preserved on Film Score Monthly’s release of his scores for Valley of the Kings and Men of the Fighting Lady

Kevin Antonio (Kev)

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Taffe
I avoided this film for years because I thought it was too epic to be seen in such inferior quality once I grew up. Day 1 purchase. I'm not crazy about stewart granger but this and last hunt are two favorites of mine. Warners did a fabulous job with the later. Can't wait to get this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.