What's new

Version of Mulan to get? (1 Viewer)

Patrick.J.A

Stunt Coordinator
I know they are both OOP, but I was trying to get one (ebay or otherwise) still. Which should I try to get? Gold Collection or Limited Issue. I understand they both have the exact same material, and one (LI) is more limited and more pricy than the other. But for practicality which is the one to aim for? Is the rarer version worth an extra $10-20?

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
Go for the cheaper one. The insert in the gold collection version is the "limited edition" cover anyway - so you can even stick it in front if you so desire. You're getting the same content, so why spend more?

Many of the "moritorium" titles are still widely available (Mulan and Hercules included)... I was also able to get all the older "OOP" Disney animted titles online for fairly cheap not too long ago. I still see them from time to time.

~s

JohnnyHK

Stunt Coordinator
buy.com still has the Mulan Gold Collection DVD available @ $22.44 with free shipping. That's where I got mine last month.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
what is the difference between moritorium and OOP?
I don't claim to be all-knowing, but I believe the difference is:
-moratorium: this title will be available again at a future date.
-out of print: this title will no longer be produced.

Bolivar G

Second Unit
I just got my OOP disney shipment today from buy.com
snow white plat
Tarzan CE
Pinocchio
Mulan
total $102 shipped
Free shipping but they still charged me taxes, what put it over 100

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Try looking at Blockbuster, as last time I went, Mulan, Pinocchio, and some other titles were on sale for twenty five (good for out of print titles).

James_M

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James
If you've ever wanted to hear Mulan in Cantonese or Mandarin, and if your dvd player's region free, there's the R3 DVD... dddhouse.com or coolashop.com. Besides being R3, the only other downside is that there are virtually no extras, which is kind of good if 98 degree/stevie wonder videos make you vomit. But I miss the trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks