Version of Mulan to get?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick.J.A, Sep 20, 2002.

1. Patrick.J.A

Patrick.J.A Stunt Coordinator

I know they are both OOP, but I was trying to get one (ebay or otherwise) still. Which should I try to get? Gold Collection or Limited Issue. I understand they both have the exact same material, and one (LI) is more limited and more pricy than the other. But for practicality which is the one to aim for? Is the rarer version worth an extra $10-20?

2. Steve Y

Steve Y Supporting Actor

Go for the cheaper one. The insert in the gold collection version is the "limited edition" cover anyway - so you can even stick it in front if you so desire. You're getting the same content, so why spend more?

Many of the "moritorium" titles are still widely available (Mulan and Hercules included)... I was also able to get all the older "OOP" Disney animted titles online for fairly cheap not too long ago. I still see them from time to time.

~s

3. Patrick.J.A

Patrick.J.A Stunt Coordinator

Hijacking my own thread, but what is the difference between moritorium and OOP?

4. JohnnyHK

JohnnyHK Stunt Coordinator

buy.com still has the Mulan Gold Collection DVD available @ $22.44 with free shipping. That's where I got mine last month.

5. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

6. Bolivar G

Bolivar G Second Unit

I just got my OOP disney shipment today from buy.com
    snow white plat
    Tarzan CE
    Pinocchio
    Mulan
    total $102 shipped
    Free shipping but they still charged me taxes, what put it over 100

7. Kenneth Cummings

Kenneth Cummings Supporting Actor

Try looking at Blockbuster, as last time I went, Mulan, Pinocchio, and some other titles were on sale for twenty five (good for out of print titles).

8. James_M

James_M Stunt Coordinator

If you've ever wanted to hear Mulan in Cantonese or Mandarin, and if your dvd player's region free, there's the R3 DVD... dddhouse.com or coolashop.com. Besides being R3, the only other downside is that there are virtually no extras, which is kind of good if 98 degree/stevie wonder videos make you vomit. But I miss the trailer.

9. BlairM

BlairM Auditioning

Thank you! I had the same question.