What's new

Vent question (1 Viewer)

Mandy_P

Auditioning
Hello Everyone,

Trying to build a box for my av12. It will be an 85 liter ported. I put the values into winisd and came back with a 4" pipe 20 inches long. I thought it was a little big but went with it anyway. I ordered a 4" flared tube from PE and got a piece of 4" PVC from the depot. Murphy must have stopped by the house, cause of course the pvc and the PE tube don't match. Is the Winisd info correct and if so what do I do for a 20" pipe? I already cut out the hole otherwise I would be tempted to skip on the flared fitting.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor
It was always my understanding that PVC pipe would fit the flares.
I would take the flare down with me check it against all the plastic pipe they have.

just a thought...

Mandy_P

Auditioning
They definetely don't fit, at least not with the piece I got from the depot. I'll have to go back and see what I find.

I cut a new front piece, so I'm now ready for alternatives.

Thanks,

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I wasn't aware of flared port kits that were compatible with thick PVC pipes. Most flared port kits come with a thin center plastic tube section that are mated on each end with flared molded plastic.

If you do use flared ports, and the required non-flared port length is determined to be 20", then the total end-to-end length using flared ports should be 1" longer, i.e. 21" long from end-to-end. So if the flared ends contribute, say, 3" on each flared end, that's 6" subtracted from 21" to arrive at a center tube section length of 15" required.

Mandy_P

Auditioning
Actually it wasn't a kit, it was a just a flared port. I thought a standard pcv pipe would fit and it doesn't. Tomorrow I'll go by the depot again and see what I can come up with. Is 4" about right for this setup?

Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks