What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

American Community Survey- US Census (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I’m curious if others recieved this survey from the US Census? I received a card in the mail to go online to fill out a survey. I also received a paper copy as I didn’t go on-line right away to do it. I worked on it over the weekend and I felt some of the questions were invasive, such as yearly salary and work address, even for a census given that it asks for your name.

I did some checking and it does appear to be a legitimate survey. But I see there are others on the Internet who are concerned too. I’ve seen comments on Reddit where they say your name is held from others so it’s not going to be visible to the Census workers. I’m hesitating to send this in, though I realize it says by law, I am required to.

I’m just venting I guess, and to see if others have done this survey too. Thanks!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hi Josh, yes, it did not smell right to me either, I never heard of it. I did some checking and found several YouTube videos too. It’s interesting that so many people question the legitimacy of it!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I received that here in California and there where lots of questions that honestly was none of there business so I flat out did not answer them. I don't care about the required by law because they do not need to know everything they where asking. I bet a good percentage of people ether did not do a response or skipped alot of questions like I did. What are they going to do run around and arrest people.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Dave- Yeah, I just didn’t like the idea of answering some of the questions.

And I got another card in the mail today saying I need to send the survey in, or go online and answer the questions. If I don’t, a census person will come calling to get the answers from me!

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
wonder what happens if you give them an answer that isn't quite....accurate...?

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
This doesn’t pass the smell test for me. The official U.S. census is conducted every ten years; the last one was in 2020. We’re not due for another one until 2030.
Yes, but he is not talking about the 10-year Census, he is talking about the American Community Survey, which the Census Bureau website says is conducted every month, every year, and includes different questions concerning education, employment, internet access, transportation, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoneman66
Recent bookmarks