What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Press Release USHE Press Release: Oppenheimer (2023) (4k UHD Combo) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yes, after decades of home media releases no one should take these MSRP's seriously and at most retailers that will never be the final price.

Given recent pricing trends, I'm not sure if street date will be as low as $25-30, but it certainly won't be $49.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Yes, after decades of home media releases no one should take these MSRP's seriously and at most retailers that will never be the final price.

Given recent pricing trends, I'm not sure if street date will be as low as $25-30, but it certainly won't be $49.

My guess is that it will be priced at $29.99 on street date.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Best Buy seems to be starting at $32.99

1698169513680.png

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
GRUV has it $29.99, with free shipping, and 20% off of that if it’s your first order. That’s what I wound up doing.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
distinctly remember thinking afterwards that I didn't need to see it again.
Though I think Oppenheimer is probably his best film since Memento, Nolan's movies in general don't have a lot of re-watch value to me. Not sure if I'll pick this one up or not. If it wins Best Picture, I'll have to get it in order to complete my collection (as much as possible in the absence of Coda, anyway), or else risk an OCD flare-up.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I'm happy for you. I struggled to get through Interstellar once.

"Interstellar" worked better for me with repeated viewings.

I saw it 3X theatrically because I loved the real IMAX presentation and it played at the Smithsonian IMAX for months.

It was there for a good 4-5 months. They didn't intend to play it that long, as they planned to replace the old projector and were gonna shut down the IMAX theater during that revamp.

However, they kept putting off the shutdown so they just kept playing "Interstellar" in the meantime.

I guess they'd not signed contracts for any other movies so they had nothing else to show.

Anyway, I saw "Interstellar" opening weeked IMAX and was underwhelmed.

Went to see it again 4-6 weeks later, mainly because I really do love real IMAX, and I liked it better.

Went again like 2 months later because it was still at the Smithsonian so I figured why not?

And I liked it more!

Not gonna say you'll enjoy it more if you give it another shot, but I know that for me, it took a while to work.

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Hans Zimmer’s score for Interstellar is one of my favorite scores ever. It should have won the Oscar imo. It’s his best score (and his favorite too).

It’s a tremendous film. My favorite Nolan film for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eliedisdisusa
Recent bookmarks