What's new

Upcoming WB Bogart Re-issues (1 Viewer)

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
I is confoosed! About a week ago, Amazon changed the release date for the Bogie/Bacall collection from April 25th to sometime in July, in line with what every other site is reporting. But I just got an email saying that the set will ship sooner than expected, and the Amazon product page says if you order in the next 20 hours, you can get it delivered by May 1st.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Will this be available in retail stores as well than, or will it be an online exclusive?

Ive seen no news about this at any local retailers and bought a bunch of titles the other day.. it certainly wasn't on sale?

PatH

Second Unit
Like a lot of movies I love, The Big Sleep is on my list. But will the DVD in the Bogie/Bacall set have both edits of the film?

Thanks!

PatH

Tim_P_76

Second Unit
Real Name
Timothy J. Parkans
The WB should be ashamed of themselves!! I am outraged from a studio that has always been close to perfect! I just received this set in the mail today and what do I find?! Four snappers shoved into the Bogie & Bacall box. And they dont even fit the box which is sized for keep cases! How cheap is that? Part of the reason of getting this was for the keep cases. I'll be contacting WB and possibly returning this to Amazon. FYI:All DVDs are the same as the individual releases.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
WHAT???

I just traded Dark Passage with another member of the forum last week!

Thank you for the warning... I'm NOT buying this anymore!!!

And was looking forward to it immensely!

What a sneaky little maneuver... I'm pissed that I went out of my way to unload a current exisiting copy of one of these titles, only to have repurchase. But I'll be going through Ebay or another route, because I'm not supporting WB with this one! :angry:

Tim_P_76

Second Unit
Real Name
Timothy J. Parkans
Marco,

Try another online vendor. It seems that Amazon is the only one selling this as an online exclusive. Basically they are unloading their stock but with the WB box. I'm still returning it.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Timmy,

Are you saying that only Amazon is pulling this with the repackaged snappers in the new box?

What a cheap move if that's true!

Should we still expect as we have up until now, a brand new box set with keepcase editions of all four movies in regular retail outlets?

I HOPE so!!!

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Marco, I'm sure we can still expect that. Warner Home Video has a listing for the Bogie & Bacall Signature Collection for July 25, and if you click on the "Related Titles" on the left, Key Largo, Big Sleep, and To Have are all pictured with keepcases and a July 25 release date. They don't seem to have a keepcase listing yet for Dark Passage, but surely that'll be in there as well. It looks like things just got bungled at Amazon.

Frank M

Stunt Coordinator
Too late for me, my box set is on it's way over the Atlantic. I don't mind the snappers but the box which don't fit.

Corey

Screenwriter
I wonder if they even know if this set is being sold since it's not supposed to be released for another 3 months. When is The Maltese Falcon SE coming??? Maybe we'll hear something in May.

Tim_P_76

Second Unit
Real Name
Timothy J. Parkans
I would steer clear from Amazon with this purchase. Who can say that they won't keep trying to get rid of their old snapper stock past July 25th.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks