What's new

Question about WB Bogart Collection... (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Can anyone please tell me whether "The Maltese Falcoln", "To Have And Have Not" and "The Big Sleep" are all packaged in snap cases along with the two-disc Special Editions of "Casablanca" and "Treasure Of the Sierra Madre" in this 'Humphrey Bogart' collection from Warner Bros - or have they been re-issued in keepcases for this box set similair to the "North By Northwest" packaging in the 'Hitchcock Signature Collection' in the US?

Also, what are the chances of WB revisiting the "The Maltese Falcoln", "To Have And Have Not" and "The Big Sleep" along with "Dark Passage", "High Sierra", "They Drive By Night" and "Key Largo" in an upcoming Signature Selection?

I'm wondering if I should hold off on purchasing the above titles but than I already own the fantastic 'Warners Legends' collection and would be really dissapointed if "Casablanca" and "Treasure" were again rehashed...

Any ideas or word on upcoming Special Editions of any of the above mentioned titles (particularly "The Big Sleep" and "Maltese Falcoln")?

And if anyone from Warner Bros. is reading this - Please do not include the SE of Casablanca or Treasure on any upcoming collections because everyone who'd otherwise be interested would have undoubtedly purchased the Warner Legends Collection already!!!

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I think this was released before Warner switched to keep cases.

The box set probably isn't a good idea if you already have Casablanca and Treasure of the Sierra Madre. Plus, The Maltese Falcon was one of the original Turner-MGM DVD's (since re-issued as a Warner DVD, with no changes other than logos)... I wouldn't be surprised if Warner did a 2-disc SE in the next few years, especially since they mentioned it was a likely re-do in the last chat.

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor
This Bogart collection was released less than a year ago.

The TO HAVE AND HAVE NOT was brand new at the time the box came out. The other 2 titles date from about 2-3 yrs earlier, and look quite fine.

Kajs

Second Unit
Real Name
Kurt

I'm pretty sure this is incorrect. I got this when it came out and it's always been a Warner snapper. I looked at half.com and I don't see any other editions.

Conrad_SSS

Second Unit

That's absolutely correct. MGM never released THE MALTESE FALCON on DVD. The Warner release was the first issue.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Never mind about the MGM-Turner comment...

I saw the cover on The Big Picture DVD a while ago and after checking just now, they used a cropped version of the "Vintage Classics" MGM VHS as the DVD cover image.

ChristianLiemke

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Christian Liemke
It has region code 2, but Warner Bros. released a very nice looking tin-box in Germany:

This one contains "High Sierra", "Dark Passage", "To have and have not", "Key Largo", "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre" [only on one DVD with less extras than the RC1], "Casablanca" [2-DVD SE] and "They drive by night".

The box is similar to the "Band of Brothers"-tin.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Wow, I would pick that up just to house the R1 snapper editions of: "High Sierra", "Dark Passage", "To Have And Have Not" "They Drive By Night", "The Big Sleep", "Key Largo" and "The Maltese Falcoln"!

I just realised that R2 UK also has a couple of nice looking box sets so I think I'll hold off and wait to see what WB comes up with for R1:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...516304-2887051

&

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...516304-2887051

Again, I just hope that WB doesn't re-issue "Treasure" in any upcoming collection, I'd much rather an inclusion of "The Big Sleep", "The Maltese Falcoln" or "Key Largo"!

Maybe an upcoming Signature Selection?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks