What's new

Press Release WHV Press Release: Casablanca (1942) (4k UHD Combo) (1 Viewer)

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
The funny thing about those action figures is that, the way they're positioned, Rick's picture is prominent on the Ilsa box, and Ilsa's picture is prominent on the Rick box.
One day you'll realize the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world... :)!

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
"But this is our hill. And these are our beans!"
1663403385425.png
:D!

Kevin Collins

Former owner, from the first state with COVID-19
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Collins
I just pre-ordered this. I used it as a reference standard 2K transfer back in the days of HD DVD and used it on multiple press tours as a reference standard for HD DVD and Microsoft's WMV encoder technology (now deceased). So, I'm very excited to see it on a 4K projector!

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Back cover. First time I have seen a message saying the digital code is not to be sold and is transferable only to a family member.
1663554963378.png

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
How are they going to enforce that rule?

Other products have stated that before in the fine print.

If you’re caught redeeming a code that they consider you ineligible to use, they’ll remove the digital copy from your account. I’ve yet to hear of this happening but it gives them cover to take action.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I’m curious if the included Blu ray disc is mastered from the new scan or if the Blu ray is the same as the old blu ray?

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I’m curious if the included Blu ray disc is mastered from the new scan or if the Blu ray is the same as the old blu ray?
I assume we won't know until it is released but as the blu ray has the same extras as the current blu ray it seems like it is the same blu ray.
How are they going to enforce that rule?
I think they are making a statement that it is possible you can get in trouble if you do not follow the license terms for redeeming a digital code. It seems to be a similar but less threatening version of the FBI warning about making and/or selling copies of discs.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I guess this box is only being sold in the UK. It has the disc that was in the 70th Anniversary box. It has the letters of transit. At $46 plus $5 shipping at least it is not insanely priced at Rarewaves. Amazon UK has it for £39.99 plus £12.42 Shipping.

Added Bonus Disc

You Must Remember This: The Warner Bros. Story
The Brothers Warner
Jack L. Warner: The Last Mogul Documentary

Release Date: 07/11/2022
Casablanca 80th Anniversary Ultimate Collector`s Edition (including Steelbook)
Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman light up the screen in one of the most enduring romances in movie history. At his Moroccan nightclub, cynic Rick Blaine (Bogart) turns a blind eye to the misery of WWII until his former lover, Ilsa Lund (Bergman), walks through the door, forcing Rick to choose between a life with the woman he loves or becoming the hero she needs.
3-Disc Ultimate Collector’s Edition Includes:
  • Steelbook
  • Rigid Slipcase
  • 32-Page Vintage Pressbook
  • 2-Sided Poster
  • 7 Art Card Reproductions: 3 Lobby Cards, 3 Location/Blueprint Sketches, Letter of Transit
  • Custom Envelope
Special Features
  • Introduction by Lauren Bacall (on 4K disc)
  • Two Separate Commentaries: Roger Ebert and Film Historian Rudy Behlmer (on 4K disc)
  • Michael Curtiz: The Greatest Director You Never Heard Of
  • Casablanca: An Unlikely Classic
  • Warner Night at the Movies Great Performances: Bacall on Bogart
  • You Must Remember This: A Tribute to Casablanca
  • As Time Goes By: The Children Remember
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Outtakes
  • Cartoons
  • Audio-Only Scoring Stage Sessions
  • 19/11/47 Vox Pop Radio Broadcast
  • Theatrical Trailers
Added Bonus Disc
  • You Must Remember This: The Warner Bros. Story
  • The Brothers Warner
  • Jack L. Warner: The Last Mogul Documentary
  • And More
1668016912102.png

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I guess this box is only being sold in the UK. It has the disc that was in the 70th Anniversary box. It has the letters of transit. At $46 plus $5 shipping at least it is not insanely priced at Rarewaves. Amazon UK has it for £39.99 plus £12.42 Shipping.

Added Bonus Disc

You Must Remember This: The Warner Bros. Story
The Brothers Warner
Jack L. Warner: The Last Mogul Documentary

Release Date: 07/11/2022
Casablanca 80th Anniversary Ultimate Collector`s Edition (including Steelbook)
Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman light up the screen in one of the most enduring romances in movie history. At his Moroccan nightclub, cynic Rick Blaine (Bogart) turns a blind eye to the misery of WWII until his former lover, Ilsa Lund (Bergman), walks through the door, forcing Rick to choose between a life with the woman he loves or becoming the hero she needs.
3-Disc Ultimate Collector’s Edition Includes:
  • Steelbook
  • Rigid Slipcase
  • 32-Page Vintage Pressbook
  • 2-Sided Poster
  • 7 Art Card Reproductions: 3 Lobby Cards, 3 Location/Blueprint Sketches, Letter of Transit
  • Custom Envelope
Special Features
  • Introduction by Lauren Bacall (on 4K disc)
  • Two Separate Commentaries: Roger Ebert and Film Historian Rudy Behlmer (on 4K disc)
  • Michael Curtiz: The Greatest Director You Never Heard Of
  • Casablanca: An Unlikely Classic
  • Warner Night at the Movies Great Performances: Bacall on Bogart
  • You Must Remember This: A Tribute to Casablanca
  • As Time Goes By: The Children Remember
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Outtakes
  • Cartoons
  • Audio-Only Scoring Stage Sessions
  • 19/11/47 Vox Pop Radio Broadcast
  • Theatrical Trailers
Added Bonus Disc
  • You Must Remember This: The Warner Bros. Story
  • The Brothers Warner
  • Jack L. Warner: The Last Mogul Documentary
  • And More
View attachment 161877
FYI at Rarewaves you can change the currency and pay in British pounds. If your credit card does not charge foreign transaction fees you can save a couple of dollars. The set increased to $48 but the price in British pounds stayed the same. I guess the pound is recovering against the dollar.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
FYI at Rarewaves you can change the currency and pay in British pounds. If your credit card does not charge foreign transaction fees you can save a couple of dollars. The set increased to $48 but the price in British pounds stayed the same. I guess the pound is recovering against the dollar.
Well, given that Rarewaves is a British company, the default should be pounds. But if they know that you're in the US, they can switch the default to dollars. They also have a storefront on eBay and Amazon Marketplace, and charge in whatever the buyer's local currency is.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Well, given that Rarewaves is a British company, the default should be pounds. But if they know that you're in the US, they can switch the default to dollars. They also have a storefront on eBay and Amazon Marketplace, and charge in whatever the buyer's local currency is.
My guess is their website can tell what country you are in (assuming you don't access from a VPN in a different country) and it shows you the prices in your currency. In the upper right hand corner it shows what currency the prices are displayed in. It is a pulldown menu with many currencies listed. You can choose which currency you want the prices to be displayed in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks