- Feb 6, 2001
Chat's over. This post contains all the questions that were asked. Look down a few posts for Robert Crawford's list of the announcements made by WB.
- I know that Humoresque is coming out in June, are there any other John Garfield films in the pipeline for release and are Spencer Tracy and Clark Gable boxsets coming out this year?
- I was wondering if Night School, New Year's Evil, Dark Night of the Scarecrow, or Killer Party are likely to be included in this fall's horror slate? If not, what can we expect to see?
- I wanted to ask about Storm Warning with Reagan, Day & Ginger Rogers. And the Streisand A Star Is Born
- My question is if there are any further Murphy Brown sets in the works; if so, which season(s) and if not, do you think there will be any plans to bring it to the drawing board in the near or distant future?
- about THE MAGNIFICENT AMBERSONS, any update on the status for this? Last I heard you were looking for better elements? Also, any plans for JOURNEY INTO FEAR (1943)?
- Do you have any plans for utilizing more of your Allied Artists titles from your library? I'd particularly like to see some great AA drive-in classics like NOT OF THIS EARTH ('57), CALTIKI ('59) and GIANT BEHEMOTH ('59), as well as bigger titles like the action classic, GOLD ('74).
- Is there any more info on the release of Over The Edge? I've been hearing about it for quite sometime and thought it had been scheduled for 2004- can we look forward to it this year? Also (I think its a Warner property) any info on a Veronica Mars S1 release? (hoping for 16:9)
- I've been incredibly happy with the season sets of "Friends" that are available. Is the tenth season of friends being planned for release soon, and if so, when?
- I'm looking forward to the upcoming Thin Man Collection and Adventures of Superman (hopefully multiple seasons). Are there any plans for other classic "series" films (RKO Tarzan, Saint/Falcon, etc.) or Signature Collections of non Thin Man Powell/Loy or Pre-Code films.
- does WHV has any plans for more Classic [genre] boxes (i.e. Classic Horror/Drama) and/or follow-ups to the 'old' boxes (i.e. Gangster Box Vol. 2)?
- There are rumors about a 4-DVD set with both Ben-Hur movies. The available DVD of the 1959 version is heavily cropped on all sides. Will the new DVD be mastered from 65/70mm elements or from a proper framed 35mm reduction print? Can we expect bonus materials on the 1925 version and new material on the Wyler film?
- I'd like to ask about the two Antonioni films I believe you currently have the rights to: Zabriskie Point and The Passenger. Is there any chance that we might see these released?
- Last year the Tom & Jerry Spotlight Collection was released unfortunately with edited/cut material. Jerry Beck was quoted by cartoonresearch in Dec '04 as saying that "Warner Bros. Home Video is very, very upset over the edited cartoons... From what I've been able to gather, the intention is for fans to be able to replace Disc 1 at no charge to them." What can you tell us about any possi
- What's coming up in the remaining Warner's 50th waves? Soon Brisco Cty Jr. will rise to be TVShowsOnDVD's 2nd-most-voted-for unreleased show; is it among them? Kotter? Alice? Family Matters? Drew Carey Show? Knot's Landing? Animaniacs/TinyToons/Pinky? Witchblade? Max Headroom? THE FLASH?! Birds of Prey? Also, can you tell us ANYTHING about 60's Batman? Would you believe I'm also asking about GET SMART!
- Are the prospects for a Perfect Strangers season set better now than they were last year, and will we see Smallville S4 before the end of August? Love the Dukes sets, and please consider Enos!
- Brimstone is my favourite show and also the one I really want on DVD what are the plans for it? Also what's in the works for Third Watch , Opposite Sex, Run of the House, Bucky O'Hare, Fish Police, Xiaolin Showdown?
- I wanted to ask today about Two Girls and a Sailor (1944) -- a really charming little musical with June Allyson, Gloria DeHaven, Van Johnson and Jimmy Durante, and featured performances by Lena Horne, Gracie Allen, Harry James and Xavier Cugat, among others.
- Any chance we'll see Justice League and Batman Beyond Box sets in the future?
- Any chance of Fearless and/or Dangerous Liaisons getting the re-release treatment they deserve?
- are you going to be revisiting some older dvds, which are tragically only available in p&s, such as Grumpy Old Men? Also, any chance of Coal Black showing up on a Looney Tunes collection?
- First, thanks to everyone at Warner for taking the time to answer our questions this evening.
My questions were animation related, and since that person isn't here, is it possible for you to please provide a contact in that department who we can all ask with follow-ups, as opposed to going through general email or normal phone channels?
- Are there any plans for Bachelor Mother, Kitty Foyle, Pride and Prejudice, Waterloo Bridge, A Woman's Face and some MacDonald/Eddy operettas?
- Any status of The Outsiders: Extended Edition and or a WS version of Arthur?
- Have a title that has been asked about time and time again -- and is certainly in need of a 2-disc SE release: DOG DAY AFTERNOON
- How about some 70s titles: Scarecrow, Night Moves, Brewster McCloud, Performance, Fedora
- Do you have any plans to release the Batman films (including the animated Mask of the Phantasm) in Special Editions? Also are there any plans for a Green Mile SE
- In your previous chat here, you indicated that THE YAKUZA was on for early 2005. Can you give us an update? Also, any plans for UP THE DOWN STAIRCASE?
- Any plans for later MGM musicals The Boy Friend & Goodbye Mr. Chips
- Any news regarding Everwood Season 2, NIP/TUCK Season 2 and Jack & Bobby Season 1.
- Do you have any plans for Mama's Family, Growing Pains and The Hogan Family?
- Are there any plans to release a second Lon Chaney collection? It couldcontain The Unholy Three (Both Versions), West of Zanzibar, Tell it to the Marines, and He Who Gets Slapped
- any chance of releasing stealing home in widescreen?
- WHAT IS happening with Alexander will it be a 2 disc special edition or just a regular disc and is there a directors cut in the works, will the dvd come out before july
- Hi, I'd like to ask about the 80's Lorimar soaps. Is there a definite commitment to a full season by season release of DALLAS? Also, are there any plans for a complete series release of KNOTS LANDING, FALCON CREST and FLAMINGO ROAD?
- Any possibility for the Bill Murray comic sci-fi oddity NOTHING LASTS FOREVER, now that there is a book coming out about it (shameless plug, sorry) and Murray has stated that he would love to contribute to special features?
- What's the current status on the Fred Astaire/Ginger Rogers box set that was previously said to be in planning stages?
- Any plans for GEORGE LOPEZ, STEP BY STEP and HEAD OF THE CLASS and when can we expect CHICO AND THE MAN S1? Can you also tell us how far a part will you release LOIS & CLARK? Will Teri Hatcher be involved for the bonus material in future sets, as Dean Cain is for season one?
- Some of us have some concern over a missing line said by Mrs. Hepburn in your recent release of Bringing Up Baby (which is otherwise excellent): "I'm a one man woman, where he goes, I go. And if I don't he knocks my block off" The final sentence is missing from the DVD. I have seen many incarnations of this film over the years, and it wasn't until the mid-90's that I saw a print (broadcast by TCM) that excised this line. Since then, it seems that only the truncated version is available to the public (R2 DVD is truncated as well) Was there a problem with the element in this scene, or was the line removed for other reasons? In any case, I know I speak for many here when I say that I favor restoration of this line in a future release.
- What is the status of the Val Lewton Box? Will all nine be included? I second the motion for Brewster McCloud
- I'm wondering when we'll see the DVD debuts of lesser-known '60s-'70s masterpieces like Petulia and O Lucky Man! and also a couple other (so far) neglected titles - Neil Jordan's The Butcher Boy and Anthony Mann's The Naked Spur.
- I was wondering about Special Editions of some 90s/late 80s movies, specifically Mosquito Coast, Presumed Innocent, The Fugitive and L.A. Confidential.
- I'm a Warners Classics addict! So... The Bowery Boys? The Superman serials of the 1940s? Any chance of a boxed set of the great MGM shorts, such as Robert Benchley, Pete Smith Specialties, or Crime Does Not Pay?
- I was wondering if you plan on re-releasing the Ace Ventura films in widescreen? The same question applies to Blue Collar Comedy Tour: The Movie. All of these were previously released as pan & scan. Also, are there any plans to revisit the Lethal Weapon films on DVD?
- I am wondering (and hoping) if the 1974 musical MAME is scheduled,and will it finally be a stereo version?
- Looking for information on these titles: The Sergeant--never released on any home video format (1968), The Ritz (1976), Cruising (1980).
- Any word on the Chevy Chase film, UNDER THE RAINBOW?
- Do you have a date yet for the 1933 version of KING KONG? Also what can you tell us about Looney Toons Vol.3 ?
- What are the chances of a Special Edition of Strange Brew? Grateful for the previous release, but it screams for a commentary by Dave and Rick in character as Bob & Doug a la "Spinal Tap." Their Rutt and Tuk commentary from Disney's Brother Bear proves that they still possess the comic genius that I grew up loving on SCTV. Also would you please explain your statement concerning rights issues for Batman TV. Fox has
- That's a good question if I can follow up on it --- Fox owns the TV show of BATMAN and you guys own the rights. Are the both of you going to come to an agreement on the BATMAN TV release?
- Any chance of releasing some cult favorite TV shows from your library? (examples being Freddy's Nightmares, Just The Ten Of Us and Midnight Caller).
- Can you give us an update on any chance for a re-release of the Superman films on DVD? Will we ever get the original theatrical edition of Superman: The Movie on DVD? Will the sequels get better treatment? And will we ever see an alternate cut of Superman II?
- First, on behalf of the FoLCs, I'd like to thank Warner for releasing season one of Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman on DVD. (My quick editorial note here: it's sooo nice to hear FoLC's again. I miss that show ) We'd like to know a few things, are there going to be outtakes, what about the aspect ratios on the Lois and Clark DVDs, and are there plans to release the other three seasons quickly? (Possible dates, please?)
- Now Warner has announced Lois&Clark and 1950's Superman, have you/would you please consider the superb 1988-1992 Superboy live action series for 2006? Also, I know the animation dept. isn't there, but I'm voicing my support for a release of the 1980's animated Ruby Spears' Superman series based on the movie mythology.
- Digitalbits.com reported awhile back you all was working on a SE DVD of 2001. Any truth or any other Kubrick title?
- My question is, is there any chance of a Cool Hand Luke two-discer, or a DVD of The D.I. (1957) or The Mortal Storm? (1940) (if you own the rights)
- MGM's Green Dolphin Street, Saturday Night Live by seasons (first 3)and since it was asked KING KONG, did Fay Wray do a comentary before she passed?
- My absolute favorite current TV series is COLD CASE. Can you tell us when a Season 1 set of this remarkable show is planned?
- Any chance of Funny Farm in 16x9 in the future? And also, are there any plans to release [bTiny Toons: How I Spent My Summer Vacation in the future?
- Is there any 2 disc ultra-resaloution of The Wizard of Oz and A Star is Born(1954) and what about A Streetcar Named Desire (1951) any date yet?
- After next weeks west wing season set release, will the subsequent seasons be released in the regular time frame or will they be delayed for syndication? and I would love to have the rest of the New Scooby-Doo movies.
- I'm curious regarding the DVD status for any of the following: GIRL CRAZY (Garland and Rooney), WHERE'S CHARLEY? (Ray Bolger), BABY DOLL (Carrol Baker), HOME FROM THE HILL and THE SUNDOWNERS (both Robert Mitchum) and SWEET BIRD OF YOUTH (Paul Newman). Thank you for the great job WB has done releasing classics titles.
- I can't wait for King Kong; I saw that there were newly aquired elements for that - how is the restoration going?
- will we ever see an OTC catalog-reissue of Amadeus?
- Any release news on the Billy Wilder titles in your collection? Also, should we expect the L.A. Confidential S.E. in 2005 or 2006?
- Any plans for a restored cut of Ken Russel's classic THE DEVILS, a release of DARK OF THE SUN with Rod Taylor or NIGHT OF THE IGUANA?
- Any plans to release Family Matters or Step by Step in season sets? If not, I hope you consider releasing those titles.
- I was wondering if there are any plans for Electric Dreams (1984) or the 1996 Dr. Who TV movie?
- I know that you recently included an episode of the tv series Hangin with Mr. Cooper on a bonus disc with a recent release, any chance that this might get its own release in the future?
- I notice that Season 3 of Wonder Woman will include a bonus disc with the first episode of the live-action Shazam! series. Any chance of seeing Shazam! released as a box set of its own?
- Any plans to release the short-lived sci-fi series Time Trax?
- I got a chance to see EASTER PARADE in 35mm in 80yr old movie theater in upstate NY it was a WOW! Howz about NORTHWEST PASSAGE? And we don't need another hero we need QUO VADIS?
- Can't wait to see transfer for EAST OF EDEN, hopefully it wasn't problematic due to WarnerColor? Also, can you provide any information about a SAM PECKINPAH BOX, and also if the films REFLECTIONS IN A GOLDEN EYE and I DIED A THOUSAND TIMES are possibilities for future releases? PS - Why wasn't CLASSIC COMEDIES _BOX_ released in Canada?
- Any plans to release Class Act on DVD?
- Will we see more films with Jean Harlow on DVD?
- You confirmed earlier that you are indeed working on SE's for the previous Batman films. Can you elaborate on this any, specifically when they might be released?
- Any chance of a Singles Special Edition? Also, when can we expect an announcement on Million Dollar Baby?
- I noticed that both Year of the Dragon and Point Blank are issued for release this year, what can we expect from them in terms of extras and is there any chance for the Lionpower featurette to be included in Point Blank?
[*] Any plans on Julius Caesar (Brando) Ryan's Daughter, Mutinty on the Bounty (Brando) Mayerling (Omar Sharif) Wuthering Heights (Olivier) and Anna Karenia (Garbo).
[*]Any plans for Tiny Toon Adventures, Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, Freakazoid, Road Rovers, the Quick Draw McGaw Show, the Son of Kong, Mighty Joe Young 1949, John K. and Spumco's Yogi and Jetsons shorts, seasons 2 and 3 of the Jetsons, Flintstones on the Rocks, Ralph Bakshi's Hey, Good Lookin' and/or the unsold pilot of Gizmo and the Gremlins/b] on DVD? I also want to see Coal Black and de Sebben Dwarfs on DVD.
[*]Any plans for additional John Huston (Wise Blood, etc.) or revisting his previously released titles (Man Who Would Be King, Maltese Falcon)? Also will Before Sunrise/Before Sunset be revisited?
[*]Any plans to release BEETLEJUICE, POLTERGEIST or CREEPSHOW SE's in the near future?
[*]It is my understanding that the 1960's Fantastic Four cartoon from Hanna-Barbera has legal issues with Marvel Comics regarding home video release. IS this correct? If so, is it possible that this situation could be worked out in the near future, especially since there is a FF movie coming out this summer?
[*]Any plans for releasing the 1949 MIGHTY JOE YOUNG and/or the only Audrey Hepburn WB film not on DVD, THE NUN'S STORY?
[*]Can we expect more Bogart this year i.e. The Two Mrs. Carrolls, Conflict, Passage to Marseille, Across the Pacific, Action in the North Atlantic, Battle Circus, Chain Lightning, The Big Shot, All Through the Night
[*]I want to ask about what to expect on the future DVD (or indeed HD) release of The Polar Express, and hopefully an expected holiday release timeframe. A decent amount of film-making extras, and not just kid's fluff is what is hoped for. Likewise a rerelease of the Harry Potter films, in comprehensive Muggle editions.
[*]You guys did a fantastic job with your waves of horror releases last fall, what plans do you have for this year’s slate? I’d love to see The Hand, Deadly Friend and Eyes of a Stranger.
[*]Can you give us a hint for what title is next (besides OZ) for ultra resolution? Also any plans for Esther Williams? And any plans for more hammer horror titles this year?
[*]What is the release schedule for classic animation in Warner possession, specifically: 1) will future Looney Tunes GCs be released more than one a year? 2) will the remaining Tom & Jerry shorts be released and unedited? and 3) what about a Fleischer Popeye release?