What's new

Upcoming WB Bogart Re-issues (1 Viewer)

Mark Anthony

Second Unit
The Digital Bits has mentioned that Key Largo, Big Sleep, To Have & Have Not & Dark Passage are being re-released individually on July 25th, and the Bogie & Bacall box containing all 4 should be out on the same date (
which is a pity as my pre-order says its out in 3 weeks time!)...

..question is they are saying these are new dvd's, but at the Warner chat they categorically said these titles would not be getting new transfers, are these just amaray re-packs of the existing disc's, or have they been re-authored and do they have new suppplementals?

I would hazard a guess that the Maltese Falcon 2 disc edition would be out on the same date as WB are very good at releasing themed titles simultaneously...

M

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

If I had to venture a guess based on Warner's comments during the chat, I think this is just another marketing attempt to sell some additional units of these titles by repackaging them then selling them separately or in a boxset.

Crawdaddy

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
Yeah, I'd say that these are exactly the same discs but in amaray packaging.

Thanks for the heads-up though Mark.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
And I don't even care... I've been asking for this for years now and really appreciate the gesture! :emoji_thumbsup:

There's no reason not to package these excellent films with one another given the context of the movies and their previous releases. Upgrading to keepcase versions will be enough for me, I just traded Dark Passage in the Trade forum yesterday and plan to pick up the box set as soon as it streets!

It would be nice to see keepcase reissues of the other few Warner Bogies as well down the line.

Also, I would really like to see a repackage of the Judy Garland Signature Collection released a few years ago, since a couple of those titles have since been upgraded - most notably The Wizard Of Oz. I can't say these are all films I'd buy individually, but if WB reissued a nice set of Garland musicals minus The Wizard Of Oz in a similar package as the previous box, I'd be all over that!

Keepcase reissues of "The Postman Always Rings Twice" and "The Bad And The Beautiful" would also be very welcomed!

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
It would be nice if Paramount finally got around to releasing The African Queen, Bogart's only oscar, before SD versions of DVD's become obsolete...

I've been asking about this for as many years as the format has been in existence and there is still no sign of an eventual release in R1 :angry: .

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
Begging your pardon: because I somehow missed seeing these words of the first post:

>>I would hazard a guess that the Maltese Falcon 2 disc edition would be out on the same date as WB are very good at releasing themed titles simultaneously...

a very happy man I am indeed.

And would be even happier if they would give the deluxe treament to THE BIG SLEEP-that, CASABLANCA and FALCON are my 3 personal favorites-not that some of the others arn/t appreciated.

Richard Matich

Stunt Coordinator
SD dvds become obolete??? I hardly think so since I'm sure SD dvds will still play in HD dvd players. If they don't I'm going to cry foul. I have not spent all the money I have for a DVD collection to not be able to play the discs in future machines. No backward compatability = a very p.o.ed consumer!!!

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor

I mispoke -- meant to say that SD new releases will start to decline or totally cease (that would probably not occur for some years yet). On-the-other-hand The African Queen release is way overdue...Paramount has been silent about this and several other unreleased legacy titles (rumor has it that current management does not believe that they represent a good return)...

Joel

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I really hope it comes out sooner than later because this summer's release schedule is already ridiculously overloaded. I could buy 3 box sets and countless other new releases in a single week from WB alone!

I was really hoping it would be released in the next month! :rolleyes

Corey

Screenwriter
well i wonder if they are releasing the 2nd bogie collection as well on this 7/25 date?

Corey

Screenwriter

WB said in the HTF chat that there will be a 2nd Bogie collection coming out this year with Passage to Marseille, Action in the North Atlantic, and Across the Pacific. They also mentioned Black Legion being in production, but I'm not sure if it will be the set or not.

Lars Vermundsberget

Supporting Actor
I guess I won't bother with any "upcoming WB Bogart Re-issues" - since I've got the titles already. However, the "2nd Bogie Collection" suggested here sounds interesting. I'll rather spend money on that than on repackaged versions (if that's what they are).

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I never got any of the ones being re-issued, so this is GREAT news! I'm hoping for slim cases in the boxset.

Corey

Screenwriter
all they're doing with this bogie and bacall set is converting them from snap cases into keepcases and putting them together as a set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks