What's new

(Un)Official Ghost Recon Thread (1 Viewer)

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Uh oh, SniperJames is in the house. :)
I think the plan was for 9pmCST, 10EST right? So you should be all set, Chris.
And as far as my XBL logo, JayV was kind enough to surprise me with a spiffy new PoisonJam design! :emoji_thumbsup:
Thanks again, Jay!

JayV

Supporting Actor
Crap, I wasn't able to join -- I'll probably catch you folks next week.

Glad you like the tag.

-j

James St

Supporting Actor
Had fun tonight guys. Hope to do it again sometime.

Romier, thanks for hosting yet another great round of games.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
No problem at all James. If anything I felt bad I couldnt get more people into the game without lagging or crashing out.

Great fun tonight though everyone. Looking forward to doing it again soon!

Travis Kolesar

Second Unit
Thanks for hosting Romier. Was getting nothing but lag which was why i was popping in and out. Nothing worse than sneaking up behind someone and pumping 5 bullets into them only to have them start teleporting all over and then you end up dead. GRRR. Otoh, 1st night I've really experienced alot of lag on live, so I guess it could have been worse. Still fun though. :)

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Sorry I couldn't make it tonight guys. Had some family stuff I couldn't get out of. I finally made it online at around 12:30AM, but almost everyone was gone already.

I ended up beating the single player campaign though. Going to do the Quick Misisons next.

Howie A

Second Unit
Thanks for hosting. I had a lot of fun when I was not getting those laggy Raiden maneuvers ala Mortal Kombat from the opposing team.. LOL. Which rarely happened but can get frustrating when it does.

Chris it is funny you mention the single player campaign.
I have been meaning to complete it also but I am always tempted to go LIVE. Once I start the game and see some friends playing online it is tough not to join. But after much contemplation I'll go ahead resisting the LIVE temptation and start my campaign, only to receive an invite from someone on my list.
That's usually when the LIVE hunger gets the better of me and I quit the mission usually adding something like,
"I can always start the campaign again tomorrow..."
Congrats on the completion...

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Wow, at one point there were over 15 HTF'ers from my friend's list online, and I'm sure there were more that I just don't have on my list yet...great group play night everyone! Sorry we all couldn't get into one room, though. That would have been fantastic. Thank you, Calvin, for hosting the "B" room for the half-dozen or so of us who couldn't fit into Romier's room. Great games, all.

Oscar Saenz

Stunt Coordinator
Well, for some reason, I was having problems with my connection last night. I was in Romier's game when I was disconnected for the first time. Last thing I remember, I was telling Mr.James to cover me and then I got the "Session Terminated" screen. I tried repeatedly to get back on but I kept getting the "Server is full" message.
I then joined Poison Jam's room to find that they were in the middle of a 2 on 2 and I didn't want to be the fifth wheel so I decided to play a little Mech Assault until I was invited by Poison's group. When I tried to accept the invite I got the "Server is full" message again.
I was able to finally join Romier's game but was quickly booted as soon as he started the session.
Oh well, maybe my connection will have better luck next time.:emoji_thumbsup:

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
I'll be on some tonight for a few hours, and maybe tomorrow night as well if anyone wants to get together and play.
I've burned myself out on single player for a a day or so, so I'll be looking for some online play to balance it out tonight and this weekend. :)

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Maybe we should shoot for rooms of 8? Even that last Romier hosted game of the night felt somewhat laggy, and I believe we had 11. Rooms of 8 = teams of 4.

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Ryan, I can host up to 12 fine I think. Well, at least you guys haven't complained publically about it yet. We had an 11 person game going on at one point, and it seemed fine for everyone.
8 is a good number though, but if we ever need to host more, I'm volunteering myself. :)
I wish I could get an exact number of how many people I can host with on a ~900+ kbps upstream. Anyone have any ideas?

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
So is a good upstream what's necessary for a good host or is it a good up and down that's necessary? I figure upstream must be the most important thing though in hosting.
Chris, were you on last night? I don't think I noticed you in the two games I played. :)

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
I believe it's good upstream to host. Although it can't hurt to have good downstream as well. I get ~3500+ kbps down and ~900+ kbps up.

And I had some familial things going on so I couldn't play last night. I did come on later, but only a few of you were on, and I had this urge to beat the single player game, so I did. I'll be back in for some multiplayer action tonight and tomorrow night for sure.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
I'll probably check in for some action tnoight as well. Chris, how about some more of those Recon missions? They were a blast.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks