What's new

TV shows most rare on DVD (1 Viewer)

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
This series is quite rare and can be very, very expensive as well if you are able to find it.

Gatchaman
aka (Battle Of The Planets and G-Force Guardians Of Space)

51Z5DQX8XAL._SY445_.jpg

51102DYTEGL._SY445_.jpg
51QY-iBYWuL._SY445_.jpg

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
The one that comes to memory for me, in terms of going OOP ultra fast was the final season release of Sgt Preston. Critics Choice was releasing the season sets, and S1 and S2 were not hard to pick up initially (although all seasons are now OOP), but that last season release seemed to come and go at lightning speed.

Gary "I'm telling you, those went really quick and became impossible to find after a very short time" O.
I have season 3 . Some of the prints used for certain episodes were of very poor quality. A few years after the Critics choice DVDs went out of print , another company reissued seasons I and 2 , but not 3 ,probably because good quality prints were difficult to locate .

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
This series is quite rare and can be very, very expensive as well if you are able to find it.

Gatchaman
aka (Battle Of The Planets and G-Force Guardians Of Space)

It's so rare I've never even heard of it!

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Doogie Howser M.D. - I'd passed on a couple of B1G1 free sales on this one one winter thinking "I'll pick it up later." It went OOP before spring hit. Somewhat expensive now - depending. I was able to snag used copies of S1 & S2 for under $10 each but S3 & S4 seem to hover in the $35-$99 area.

Several Filmation Saturday Live Action series (were from BCI before they folded): Secrets of Isis, Ark II, Space Academy, and Jason of Star Command - that set was going for ~$20 and I kept stalling picking it up. It suddenly went OOP and both the set and individual releases of those series are $50-$200 (on a good day) with the set going for $200-$500!?!

The OOP ADV release of Hercules The Legendary Journeys - S1 is the only place I know of to get the 3 telefilms that preceded the series. Universal chose not to include them in their reprint of S1 and have yet to do an individual release. You *need* those films as they set up several regular characters and some situations referred to in the regular series. Prices fluctuate on this one but is often available in reasonably priced used copies.

Two's Company - (Elaine Stritch and Donald Sinden) R1 from Acorn Media. A UK series. OOP but can still be found used at reasonable prices.

Several of the US/R1 releases of Last of the Summer Wine look to be or are OOP and some command rather steep prices. Vintage 1977, Vintage 1979, Vintage 1997, Vintage 1995, Vintage 1997, Vintage 1988/89, Vintage 82/83, Vintage 1998 (this one is stupidly expensive), Christmas Specials 1978-1982, Holiday Specials 1986-1989, maybe more.

Black Books - R1 release of UK series. All three seasons.

Monty Python's Flying Circus - R1 Megasets and individual releases.

Jeeves & Wooster - R1 complete series and individual seasons.

UFO - (UK Gerry Anderson series) Although there's rumor of a BR of this one coming.

The Prisoner - I believe all versions of this one are OOP.

Secret Agent AKA Danger Man - Complete series and individual seasons/sets.

'Allo 'Allo! - All R1 releases.

My Hero - R1 and R2 releases - all seasons OOP.

Fresh Fields - R1 Set 1 & Set 2.

Rising Damp - R1 of all seasons.

Rise and Fall of Reginald Perrin - Complete series R1.

Roy Clarke's Open All Hours - Complete series R1.

One Foot in the Grave - All R1 releases.

Yeah... lots and lots of the R1 UK series are OOP. I know I have more US releases that are OOP but don't have my inventory list with me (I'm at work). I'll check when I get home.
I have the UFO Blu-ray set from Amazon UK. I believe it’s region free but I’ll have to recheck.

mark27b

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pledger

mark27b

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pledger

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
Hunter
I bought the German ones last year
Nice looking complete set. 42 disc count vs. 28 from Mill Creek. I was trying to see if any of the post series reunion movies were on the set. It didn't look like it, but then again, I don't read German.

WendyCR

Stunt Coordinator
One other thing to note with the Hunter German sets, which I have: The series has the original popular music on it that was used in the earlier seasons versus the US set, that had all replacement music.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Profit (the short run Adrian Pasdar series from 1996) has been OOP for quite some time (it was released in 2005). Price fluctuates on Amazon. Usually it's quite high, there's at least one used copy on Amazon around $35 shipped right now.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott

fdabbott

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Doug
Walt Disney Treasures Dr. Syn: The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh went out of print very quickly after its November 11. 2018 release date and now goes for obscene aftermarket prices. I was lucky enough to pre-order two copies, but Disney should have anticipated the demand for this release better or even reissued it.
Disney does not give a damn about it's original Live action TV Shows. I am a member and all I get offers for are new crap that's just pure junk.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks