What's new

TV on DVD news roundup (1 Viewer)

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Hmmm .... The entire ER series of 15 seasons, being redone as a 45-discs set.

IIRC, the original dvd season set releases all had 5, 6 or 7 discs per season. So this means this re-authored re-released version will have 3-discs per season, which is around 7 or 8 episodes per disc.

Basically Warner taking a page from the Mill Creek playbook !!!

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Hmmm ....... Bull and Chicago Med going dvd-mod.

For quite awhile, I suspected shows from Dick Wolf's Chicago franchise (on NBC) were vulnerable to being dumped to dvd-mod type releases.

A previous precedent for this was Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (SVU) which has been dvd-mod since season 18. (The upcoming current Law & Order SVU season, will be its 23rd season).

Last edited:

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Not technically TV but glad to see Woody Woodpecker Blu-rays coming out. The DVD collections stopped cold after the Universal fire.

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I’m glad that Superman: TAS is finally coming out! I think it’s the last of the DCAU shows on Blu-ray? I wonder if Warner will release The Batman on Blu-ray…

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
Night Gallery coming to Blu-ray from Kino?!? That's not one I expected! And a month after their Kolchak: The Night Stalker release! Perhaps it isn't wishful thinking that they could license both seasons of Amazing Stories from Universal for Blu-ray!

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
Now that Supergirl’s final season has been announced, I’m still waiting for Warner Archive to announce Black Lightning’s final season on Blu-ray.

WhitneyG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Whitney
Great to see the Honeymooners' A Christmas Carol getting released. I seem to recall speculation that they skipped this one when they released the other three special among the final four because it had music clearance issues. I wonder whether they cleared that up, or made cuts. I obviously am hoping it's the former and we can get a full uncut version.

Mark Y

Screenwriter
so i'm a real lamebrain and I sold my old set because the outer cheap box was sent to me banged up ...I was tired of looking at the huge dent . So I bought a new one , I have not opened it but I would assume I have no 3-d in mine . I hope the new collection that comes out in Oct has those 3-d shorts and I could just sell this one when we find out what that set is all about .

Is this the Honeymooners Christmas special that they already released, or the missing one with Gale Gordon?

WhitneyG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Whitney
Is this the Honeymooners Christmas special that they already released, or the missing one with Gale Gordon?
The synopsis for this release:

"The Honeymooners - Specials: A Christmas Carol - In 1977, Jackie Gleason, Audrey Meadows, Art Carney and Jane Kean reunited for the second of four hour-long specials representing the final performances of their classic Honeymooners characters. Ralph enlists Alice, Ed, and Trixie to perform with him on stage after he agrees to supervise and star in the annual office holiday fund-raiser for a charity chosen by his boss’ wife. Ralph ends up rewriting and reimagining Charles Dickens’ dramatic classic A Christmas Carol, with comedic results, when Ed serves as the inexperienced director. Single-disc title."

Although they changed the title (likely to further distinguish it from the other Christmas special), the year and description are a match for the never-before-on-DVD 1977 special, "The Honeymooners Christmas Special." So, yes, this is the missing one.

Mark Y

Screenwriter
The synopsis for this release:

"The Honeymooners - Specials: A Christmas Carol - In 1977, Jackie Gleason, Audrey Meadows, Art Carney and Jane Kean reunited for the second of four hour-long specials representing the final performances of their classic Honeymooners characters. Ralph enlists Alice, Ed, and Trixie to perform with him on stage after he agrees to supervise and star in the annual office holiday fund-raiser for a charity chosen by his boss’ wife. Ralph ends up rewriting and reimagining Charles Dickens’ dramatic classic A Christmas Carol, with comedic results, when Ed serves as the inexperienced director. Single-disc title."

Although they changed the title (likely to further distinguish it from the other Christmas special), the year and description are a match for the never-before-on-DVD 1977 special, "The Honeymooners Christmas Special." So, yes, this is the missing one.
That's great news, but kind of odd as I thought all those Color Honeymooners DVDs had gone out of print. But I'll definitely pick this up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks