What's new

Tumult reviews (1 Viewer)

Dave Crigna

Stunt Coordinator
Tell you what, after all is said then done, if Dan wants to send the nurse over to make sure my diaper is on correctly and my tumult is performing to spec., all will be forgiven.:D

Jack-
The tumult is the least of my worries, I just do not like the way Adire has handled the situation. I decided enough was enough and brought it to the forum. Obviously I was not the only one.

Hank-
"Some early adopters who do pre-orders seem like their every day's happiness hinges on the newest tidbit of shipping information",
If this is what you think then your missing the point. It is the fact that here we have a company that had lied , and made up different stories to different people to cover there you know what. We just had enough of it. That is all. Just trying to get adire to come clean. At some point in everyones life they get the run around and don not like it. You can not tell me if you felt that a given company was giving you the run around you would feel different. It is the principal of the situation. At least I hope there are still principals to be used when it comes to conducting business.

As far as your new biz. I am liking your principals you are setting forth already. If possible maybe we can have a diy forum fund raiser to get you started. Of course we would expect deep pre-order discounts with free return shipping if your nurse should fail:D

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Qua? Forum fund-raiser for me? I like it, and yes, you'll get pre-order discounts on my BoseBuster speakers and S.O. power cords and interconnects. And, I'll have a reasonable order lead time. If I'm late, you can post complaints here and I'll have the nurse respond.:D

A

Anthony_Gomez

Hank, you better make sure you are late then!!!!

that way, "If things go right I might be showing [the nurse] my O-face. You know: Oh! Oh!"

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
Gomer..

Hahah your "O-Face" (Stands in the background making whip
clash sounds) Ohhh Baby ride me like a pony... "I dunno mom
I was watching this educational piece on bird watching and
the channel went all fuzzy"

:D

SteveLindsay

Auditioning
Brian Bunge They're at Marshall Joiner's place waiting to be reconed.
Out of curiosity, how do you recone a Tumult? Is there a special jig or is it just shims and experience?

I've seen a couple of photos on the net for recone which seems pretty straightforward. But I've also seen quite a few posts dicussing the importance of centering the voicecoil in the magnetic gap. If the voicecoil is set forward or back of magnetic center the BL curve gets shifted. Adire has posted a bunch about how important it is to have a linear BL curve and I would think if the coil wasn't centered it would increase distortion at high excursion.

If Adire finds the magnetic center using software and produces a new geometric center, how easy is it to recone and stay close to that position? I've never done one before. After looking at a ruler it seems like it would easy to be off a couple of mm.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Tony,

Didn't you say you were expecting at least 5 more next week? The kids in Cali will be boomin' real soon!:emoji_thumbsup:

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Tony,

Didn't you say you were expecting at least 5 more next week? The kids in Cali will be boomin' real soon!
Tumults will be the next crack. Soon we'll have reports on the news about the dangers of the Tumult. They'll have some old woman explaining how her pets are scared by the neighbors Home Theater.

Seth

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks