What's new

Tumult reviews (1 Viewer)

DavidFun

Agent
Any of you guys who received their tumults over the past month have any reviews, or impressions to share with those of us that are anxiously and impatiently waiting?

Is it worth the funds, or should I just cancel and get on the list for two av15s?

Any clue when the rest of us will get ours?

David

A

Anthony_Gomez

Heard from Brian at adire that Destijl is finishing(ed) the last of the first run. The second run should be shipping by the end of this week.

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Well...

I'd give you a review, but I don't have my Tumult yet. I've had a tracking number for almost 2 weeks though. Too bad UPS doesn't have the driver. :frowning:

Seth

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
It's my understanding that Adire printed out all of the shipping labels and sent them to Destijl so that they could ship directly to the customers.

AhsanR

Stunt Coordinator
I'm gonna bump this, cause I too have been waiting for a WHILE for some customer testimonials.

Seth_L

Screenwriter
And your you're going to keep waiting because Adire still hasn't shipped them all out. But never fear... I've had a tracking number for 24 days and according to UPS, my billing information has been received. (this means UPS doesn't have a package yet)

Trust me I've been waiting for my driver a lot longer than you have for testimonials.

Seth

Dave Crigna

Stunt Coordinator
I for one can say it won't outperform my greatest expectations. Maybe if I was getting two for the price of one regular. But all this wait, empty promises, and endless stories of what is happening with the build of the driver, is just not worth it.I was a very patient person until the point of I received my tracking# but still now 26 days later, ups still does not have my driver on the truck. :angry: The bigger kick in the head is, everyone that I know who got on on the sryke av15 pre-order, received there drivers weeks ago. I have always supported and recommended adire to friends and other diyer's. But, at this point in the game they get a big :thumbsdown: from me.

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Dave,

Cmon now. You know you love Adire's lies as much as the rest of us. :angry: Ok, maybe not. I'm positive I could come up with more accurate updates with a magic 8 ball and a 12 sided die.

Apparently, part of the explanation is that the build house doesn't want to "piss off" the UPS driver, so they only give him 10 Tumults a day. Only 5 shipping days in a week it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out it will take weeks to ship 'em all out. The other little detail is that the build house didn't build enough Tumults to fill the rest of the pre-orders yet. Supposed they were going to finish some more last Thursday, but we all see how that ended.

For all the Adire fanboys who are about to jump in this thread consider the following facts.

I ordered the Tumult 173 days ago.
I paid for the Tumult 149 days ago.
I was first told it would ship "within a week" 135 days ago.

Seth

Brian-K-Owens

Stunt Coordinator
"The bigger kick in the head is, everyone that I know who got on on the sryke av15 pre-order, received there drivers weeks ago."

Tumults could have been shipped weeks ago with problems. . .

I received my AV-15's, and had to send them back for repairs. Now they have been at TC sounds for over a month, and guess what. . .no cones. I might not get my drivers back until the same time everyone on the SECOND preorder get theirs!!!!!

Counting days, that is 180+ days since I paid for my AV-15's.

Brian

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Well, whenever you get in on a pre-order for any product there are always roadblocks, setbacks, etc. That's the way it is. Shit happens. Get over it. If you'd gotten the driver and it wasn't 100% right you'd then be bitching about that.

If you don't want the damn thing then cancel your order. I'm sure someone else will be more than happy to take it.

Sorry, but all this adolescent whining is getting old.

MichaelAngelo

Stunt Coordinator
I think these guys have a legitimate gripe. All that time and excuse after excuse?? Just doesn't add up. Let me add my whine. I ordered an AV15 first week of March, got the confirm e-mail (at the pre-order price of 165.00. Then I saw on these boards, and on Strykes forums, that there weren't enough drivers to fill the order. I called several times, once I talked to what sounded like a young boy, who could tell me nothing. Then I posted in Strykes forums. Nothing. I PM'ed, E-mailed, nothing. Posted here. Nothing.
So I have no idea if I'm on the pre-order or not. And there seems to be no way to find out, other than wait and see. Very frustrating, unable to get an answer.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Michael,

My comments were geared towards the Tumult situation. I have no comment on Stryke as I haven't really followed either pre-order for it.

I know some have had issues with when they have been told their Tumults would ship and that I totally understand. But as to the shipping notices, that has been explained already.

A

Anthony_Gomez

There is only one problem I have against Adire, and it isn't having to wait forever for the Driver. The problem is when ever someone calls (there non-800 number mind you) or emails adire they get the "oh, it will ship tomorrow...and when tomorrow comes, it will ship the day after that, and on that day, I will say just one more day...than another... etc"

if the tumults are going to ship 95% confidence limit (for you statistics people) by the end of NEXT month, fine. Just be sure it DOES ship then.

here is a QUOTE from the LDSG under Notes for prospective small businesses:
"5. Don't quote optimistic delivery times. Something always happens! It's a lot better for a customer to be pleasantly surprised by an order that arrives in 2 weeks rather than 5, than for someone to be frustrated after his/her 5 weeks turns into 3 months."

A

Anthony_Gomez

On topic:

so far the reviews for sealed Tumults are good! ..the limited ones I have seen. I am just waiting for PR reviews ;)

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
I really have to agree with Anthony. I defended Adire for awhile but to keep making promises like they are...well, I'd be upset too. As a consumer I'd be much more understanding if I was told even something like "We don't know exactly when they will all be shipped out. But we're working as hard and fast as we can." And how long has it been since we heard from an Adire rep. personally? For as much time that has gone by I would think someone could take 5mins to log on and let us know what's going on/apologize for the wait.

The reviews I've seen for the tumults have been positive but for the most part they've been by people who seem like they don't know what to say. Most of the one's I've seen go something like "Got my Tumult! It pounds!" With the exceptions of Brian's and Craig's reviews I haven't found a review containing any valuable information. Are they mostly being sent out to the car audio people or what? ;)

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Dan,

I'd love to hear from an Adire rep, but I'd like to hear the truth, not another "Oh, they'll all ship by next Tuesday." line. I could accept the fact that it's taking a long time if I didn't get a new story every week that turns out to be untrue. If they were honest, laid out the situation and said, "Look we don't really know when they're going to ship at this point. We think they all should be shipped out by the end of the month." I could accept that and sit quietly by waiting. Also, if we were updated that the shipping date slipped before a week after they missed it. If you find out you're going to miss a ship date you tell people ahead of time. You don't wait a week hiding hoping the customers don't call and then make up a story when they do.

However, when last Thursday when the update from Dan was, "The rest are going out today and our pallet of leftovers will leave tomorrow." there are few things wrong. First, it seems very unrealistic and second (as we now know) it didn't happen.

The updates are of no use if they're not accurate. That's been my complaint from day 1. This thing stinks like a rotting fish in the desert sun. It's not the wait, it's the lies piled on top of lies, on top of lies.

Seth

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks