What's new

'TITANIC' night on the Discovery Channel. (1 Viewer)

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
The "Titanic: Birth of the Legend" is truly unique as mentioned where it shows the construction phase never before represented on modern video terms. Unfortunately I do not own a recorder so was hoping to see this on DVD as it was a widescreen presentation. So I called Discovery and they informed me that it is not slated for release. That sometimes private production companies create shows for them but do not release purchase rights. This may be one of them. How frustrating as I am a Titanic fanatic and do not want to miss out. Help anyone? Please e-mail me privately at: web-czar @ rcn.com -(correct the spaces in the address before sending).

Eric Huffstutler
Richmond, VA

Oh, and BTW for those who are interested in the Britannic. There is a movie out on DVD called "Britannic" which isn't the best in the world but is a representation of the ship with a fictitious plot line that caused her sinking. Ship graphics look almost lifted from Cameron's movie and painted over.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Eric, you've got mail. ;)

I've seen that BRITTANIC film and didn't care for it because of the false plot, no imbelishing is needed for a story that dramatic IMO.

Jim Dalton

Stunt Coordinator
I watched a similar documentary about the building of the Titanic a few years ago and was disappointed that "Titanic: Birth of the Legend" didn't focus on the workers reaction after the sinking was announced.

As memory serves, this guy (who was a little boy at the time) was recalling how the day after the sinking, the gates to the shipyard were locked and there was a sign posted on the gate with two words: TITANIC SUNK.

He said that his father came home, sat in the chair and cried all day long. It was the first time he ever saw his father cry.

VERY moving.

Jim Dalton

Stunt Coordinator
I took a look through my collection and couldn't find it. I seem to remember having recorded it many years ago but it is entirely possible I recorded over it. Sorry.

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
No problem Jim. Doubt that the older show could match the excellent special effects to "put you there" like "... Birth of the Legend" does. Yet, would be nice to have multiple documentaries covering all available angles and stories. I know that A&E had a box set some time ago which is now reduced to a single disc? Possibly was a segment in that series?

Did find out that "Titanic: Birth of the Legend" was produced in England for a TV network (Granada TV/ITV1) there by a 3-D graphic - special effects house Red Vision known for documentaries, commercials, etc... The show's title there was "Titanic: Birth of a Legend"

Eric

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks