What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Time Tunnel on Blu (1 Viewer)

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
It's the region free version. They just have it listed incorrectly.

UPC: 5027182615711

I previously looked it up via camelcamelcamel to verify the UPC and check it against other sites - who all have it listed properly as region free.

Deepdiscount has it cheaper (currently $42.61) and there's a 10% off coupon if you order a couple of other DVD/BR/CDs with it. It shows to be OOS currently but today is the "official" US release day so they'll likely have stock soon.

Amazon just hiked the price of their offering to $63.99. It was right around $50.
I’d move quickly to get DD’s offering as they just might hike their price as well.

Oh and I’ve already ordered. That makes two Irwin Allen series on Blu ( LIS being the other one).

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

stringbean

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Snorbitz
A little off topic, but did anyone see the Time Tunnel reboot pilot from 2002?

Yea,.. I only got about half way through then switched it off because I didn't like it very much at all. One of the reasons given it was never taken up as a series was it's close proximity to the likes of Stargate.

Gordiac

Agent
Real Name
Gordon
Yea,.. I only got about half way through then switched it off because I didn't like it very much at all. One of the reasons given it was never taken up as a series was it's close proximity to the likes of Stargate.

Attempted watching it twice, and quit about halfway in both times due to lack of interest.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Yeah, the reboot was missing the crucial element of being lost in time, unable to control where they would end up. That was a key ingredient for me.

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Both THE TIME TUNNEL and TIMELESS only had 2 seasons each. I suggest if you want to see a series about time travel then why not watch the brilliant U.K. series DOCTOR WHO. It has just started it's incredible 11th season. Has any other sci-fi series had such a long run?

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
THE TIME TUNNEL had only one season. In 1966-1967, a TV season was usually comprised of around 30 episodes, which is how many TIME TUNNEL had. ABC had originally ordered 26 episodes, but they expanded that order to 30 as the show was about to be renewed for a second season
Then a new regime at the network came in and canceled it.
THE TIME TUNNEL on DVD was released in two volumes, often confusing the unintiated.

TIMELESS, though it had "two" seasons, plus an upcoming final two-part "movie", still will only reach 26 "hours" total. 14 in the first season, 10 in the second, and the two-part finale = 26 episodes.

Both TIMELESS and TIME TUNNEL were expensive, handsomely photographed series. Though I've never sat through a DR. WHO episode in full, what I saw was cheap-looking and studio bound.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Both THE TIME TUNNEL and TIMELESS only had 2 seasons each. I suggest if you want to see a series about time travel then why not watch the brilliant U.K. series DOCTOR WHO. It has just started it's incredible 11th season. Has any other sci-fi series had such a long run?
Who’s been going on much, much longer than that...

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
I've gotten notice from UPS that I'm to expect delivery today between 1 and 5. I'm not sure if ANYTHING I've read in the way of reviews has come from a North American purchaser, so I'm still just a small percentage anxious about the Region B and PAL stuff.

As soon as I have any answers, I'll post here.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
I've gotten notice from UPS that I'm to expect delivery today between 1 and 5. I'm not sure if ANYTHING I've read in the way of reviews has come from a North American purchaser, so I'm still just a small percentage anxious about the Region B and PAL stuff.

As soon as I have any answers, I'll post here.
I'm in the US. I received my set yesterday, and although it is labeled REGION B, it played just fine on my machine without any region adjustment on my part. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott

The current series doesn't appeal to me, but the original Doctor Who run was very enjoyable.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
My set arrived today, and though I had planned to watch something else, and I have a boatload of TV from Sunday and Monday nights on the DVR, I couldn't wait and watched the first three episodes. I had a big ol' smile plastered on my face being transported back to my childhood as I watched these shows. They look much more colorful and sharp than anything I watched on TV back in the day, and this is my first encounter with them since I watched that one season of episodes so many years ago.

Color me happy and pleased with this purchase.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
My TIME TUNNEL set arrived. All discs play fine in Region 1/A. Episode pictures are magnificent. 5.1 sound is phasey-sounding to me, but it defaults to the mono.

On the extras disc, the original series pilot is in full HD, but only mono sound. The other extras are SD and look to me to be worse than the old DVD versions. Furthermore, some of these SD extras suffer from PAL speedup,

Overall, I'm thrilled with the high-definition pictures which are wonderful. The extras I can always look at the old DVDs for proper speed.

Last edited:

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
THE TIME TUNNEL had only one season. In 1966-1967, a TV season was usually comprised of around 30 episodes, which is how many TIME TUNNEL had. ABC had originally ordered 26 episodes, but they expanded that order to 30 as the show was about to be renewed for a second season
Then a new regime at the network came in and canceled it.
THE TIME TUNNEL on DVD was released in two volumes, often confusing the unintiated.

TIMELESS, though it had "two" seasons, plus an upcoming final two-part "movie", still will only reach 26 "hours" total. 14 in the first season, 10 in the second, and the two-part finale = 26 episodes.

Both TIMELESS and TIME TUNNEL were expensive, handsomely photographed series. Though I've never sat through a DR. WHO episode in full, what I saw was cheap-looking and studio bound.

The latest season is far superior to the original series which did look like they were filmed in a studio.Doctor Who is now a female and the sets are quite lavish

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
I watched the first episode (actually the unaired pilot) and it was just magnificent in terms of seeing things that I'd not noticed before. We can now easily read the numbers on the Tic-Toc badges, see some of the labels on the instrumentation in the Tunnel control center, and we can appreciate the great photography by Winton C. Hoch.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks