What's new

Time Tunnel on Blu (1 Viewer)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I just saw this:

There appears to be a region free BR of this coming on 11/9/18. Deepdiscount has it listed at $44.73:

https://www.deepdiscount.com/the-time-tunnel-the-complete-series/5027182615711

Here's the description from their site:

The Time Tunnel: The Complete Series [Import] on Blu-ray
All region BR release for the 1st time. New 5. 1 surround sound mixes provide an extraordinary new depth to the audio. A 1080 HD 1:33:1 spec. Digitally enhanced to significantly improve the picture quality & increase depth of field, making it far superior to the existing DVD. All 30 episodes to be restored to their original uncut format & broadcast order. Packed full of bonus material including the original unaired pilot, interviews with the cast, the TV movie from 1976, the unaired 2002 TV pilot and more... Will contain a brand new booklet, written in association with the world s most prominent & knowledgeable Irwin Allen devotees, The Irwin Allen News Network. Special Features: Original Unaired Pilot Episode (HD Version) 2002 Unaired TV Pilot Time Travelers TV Movie Cast Interviews Irwin Allen s Behind-The-Scenes Home Movies UK Edit (No Audio) Promotional TV & Radio Spots Visual Effects Camera Test (No Audio) Stills Galleries. Tech Info: VIDEO*: 1080P HIGH DEFINITION 16x9 1:33 / COLOUR AUDIO*: ORIGINAL MONO + NEW 5. 1 / ENGLISH *FEATURE EPISODES ONLYTech Info: VIDEO*: 1080P HIGH DEFINITION 16x9 1:33 / COLOUR AUDIO*: ORIGINAL MONO + NEW 5. 1 / ENGLISH *FEATURE EPISODES ONLY

That said, it looks to be the same as the UK set as it, too, is from "Revelation Films" - odd part is DD says "region free" while Amazon UK says Region B/2.

The current Amazon UK price is $42.91 which includes shipping and the Amazon currency convertor fee.

Last edited:

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I just saw this:

There appears to be a region free BR of this coming on 11/8/18. Deepdiscount has it listed at $44.73:

That said, it looks to be the same as the UK set as it, too, is from "Revelation Films" - odd part is DD says "region free" while Amazon UK says Region B/2.

The current Amazon UK price is $42.91 which includes shipping and the Amazon currency convertor fee.
Amazon US site says November 9 release.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Oops! DD does too. Finger slip, now corrected! Thanks!
I just saw this:

There appears to be a region free BR of this coming on 11/9/18. Deepdiscount has it listed at $44.73:

DD says it is an Import (I used an earlier 15% off sale to get the price to $35.96)
ITEMS
Product Tracking No. Price (Each) Quantity Total Price
The Time Tunnel: The Complete Series [Import]
ITEM #: 5027182615711 $42.31 1 $42.31
Subtotal: $42.31
Shipping: $0.00
Tax: $0.00
Total: $35.96

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
I just saw this:

The Amazon UK listing also states that their package is in PAL format. I’ll go out on a limb here and say that DD’s release will be NTSC format.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
The Amazon UK listing also states that their package is in PAL format. I’ll go out on a limb here and say that DD’s release will be NTSC format.
Brad, PAL and NTSC are standard definition formats. They don’t apply to high definition. However it is possible for HD material to use a framerate that happens to be the same as PAL’s framerate, 25 FPS, but it’s highly unlikely that The Time Tunnel Blu-ray set will suffer from PAL speedup.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
it’s highly unlikely that The Time Tunnel Blu-ray set will suffer from PAL speedup.

When I witness idiotic things like THE AVENGERS being the correct speed, but have the voices pitched up, I don't take anything for granted. I'll wait for a report from (a) someone who's seen it and (b) someone who knows about such things.

stringbean

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Snorbitz
Only a couple of days to go now. Can't wait! I'll get mine on Monday when it's actually released. I've pre-ordered stuff before from Amazon expecting it to arrive on release day or at least the next day (Prime Customer), but my last recent pre-order of Captain Scarlet on Blu took a week strangely enough despite the fact I'd pre-ordered it and it was indeed released on the day. Strange!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Hey, Time Tunnel fans, has anyone seen the season 3 finale of The Man in the High Castle?
The tunnel in it looks so much like the Time Tunnel.
I don't know if it was a conscious homage, but it was great!

Last edited:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Hey, Time Tunnel fans, has anyone seen the season 3 finale of The Man in the High Castle?
The tunnel in it looks so much like the Time Tunnel. I don't know if it was a conscious homage, but it was great!
Spoilerize such comments! Some of haven't seen that season and want things kept a surprise! I've not followed the thread on the series in the TV sub-forum for just that reason!

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
^That review cinches it. I'm absolutely getting this release! I was only on the fence to make sure it is truly region free and Tooze says it is. To this day I hate that it never received another season or two and still feel the disappointment of discovering it wasn't on the line up the fall of 1967.

Now... let's get VTTBOTS on BR!

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
^That review cinches it. I'm absolutely getting this release! I was only on the fence to make sure it is truly region free and Tooze says it is. To this day I hate that it never received another season or two and still feel the disappointment of discovering it wasn't on the line up the fall of 1967.

I am another who had the same experience of disappointment when it wasn't on the line-up. Did you read the relatively recent Time Tunnel book by Martin Grams? It has a chapter with some possible story lines that would've been Season 2 episodes. As a fan I loved reading that book.

stringbean

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Snorbitz

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
He doesn't mention the Aspect Ratio and whether the 'Next Week' segments are still properly intact. The Region 2 sets by Revelation had those 'Next Week' segments as 'Extras'. In other words, the episodes themselves were edited, unlike the US R1 sets. The AR was correct though.

I think I recall someone contacting Revelation and pointing out the error of their ways to them and that they had decided to reinstate the next week teasers into the episodes. Mr, Tooze's review says that the episode average time was 51:30 or so per episode. That would mean that the teasers would have to be there.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel

Now... let's get VTTBOTS on BR!

Oh yeah, good news! I never got around to getting this series on DVD, so I'm in for this release. Those caps on DVD Beaver look great (Thanks, Harry-N!)...and the price is reasonable, too. This is my favorite of the Irwin Allen sci-fi shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks