What's new

This is a joke....right?? Another T2 release (1 Viewer)

Steve Meskell

Second Unit
According to The Digital Bits site, Artistan will be releasing a 3rd version of T2, reportedly with new extras. :angry: Talk about milking the fans........:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I'll probably be skipping the re-release. The Ultimate Edition was beyond loaded for me.

Steve Meskell

Second Unit
Let's see I already brought Terminator 2:Judgment Day The Ultimate Edition. I guess it wasn't. No one is holding a gun to my head to buy a new version and the specs for the new edition isn't released yet, but just when will this re-release madness end???

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I think the only thing that would make a repurchase worthwhile would be a new, EE-less transfer.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Somehow I doubt they are going to re-master the UE for what will probably be a trimmed down single disc (no proof, just a feeling).

EricW

Senior HTF Member
yeah, i remember the news too, and i remembered it was MGM that made that announcement, which gave ve me hope of a new transfer... but if it's Artisan that's doing it, it probably won't be a new one.

CraigL

Screenwriter
Yes...but the old news says MGM and it says a repackaging of 1 and 2. Doesn't say anything about new extras which the digital bits says it will...AND it's done by Artisan.

Brendan Brown

Stunt Coordinator
I went through the entire text of T2:EE's disc two, and if I get even one more tidbit of information about that film I'm going to throw up, pass.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Yeah, this is ridiculous, what else can be added? Maybe 10-15 mins more of interviews/featurette that would just be saying the same thing over and over, or what? :thumbsdown:

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
This is nothing to get upset about, they're just trying to do two things here: sell T2 to the likley millon or so people who've gotten new DVD players since the last release and they're drumming up some free publicity for T3. The only new 'extra' will probably be T3 teasers/trailers which can be downloaded for free online.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
What more can be added? How about an ARNOLD COMMENTARY?!?!?!

Yah, and this is where I hit this guy, ha ha that was fun. And then this is a computer guy that I fight later, ha ha. And then this is when we get in the car and run away...

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I bet they'll just slap on a P&S transfer, a la Reservoir Dogs and GGR. Maybe they'll also even put on an extra 'soundbyte' commentary track over it.
Artisan disgusts me.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately, Andrew, my "faux commentary" was based on the one I had heard Arnold do - I think it was in Conan.

And no, Glenn, I don't have the stomach to do the rest of the film (although you could probably run what I put down in "loop" and have it apply to most of it!) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks