What's new

This is a joke....right?? Another T2 release (1 Viewer)

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
I'll re-buy if this one has a decent transfer (T2:UE = one of the worst transfers in my entire collection)

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I'll be buying this because my T2:UE gets all glitchy towards the end of the movie. Otherwise I would probably just stick with my old copy.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
Bad transfer!? The ultimate edition has a great transfer for three movies packed into one disc.

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
The Guns 'n' Roses video is about the only thing they could add to that disc, and I doubt they'll get the rights to it this time either.

-Lyle J.P.

Jeffrey Gray

Second Unit
You know, another Artisan release is pointless...they're probably just trying to milk this film as much as possible until their rights to the film expire, and the rights go back to Canal+...

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
I'd buy it if Artisan made this a DTS-ES Discrete 6.1 presentation ala Stargate's Mi Casa remix, and a brand new 1080p transfer master with no edge enhancement...

I would buy it if that were the case. Otherwise...

Dan

Jeffrey Gray

Second Unit
Well, do you think Artisan would fix that? No, they'd probably recycle the old transfer...

...I will not buy a new T2 DVD unless the rights go back to Canal+, and someone like Anchor Bay releases a DVD that is actually a true improvement over the older one...

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
I've heldout on buying the Ultimate Edition (which is odd because I love this movie and really enjoy the extended cut...except for the Reese scene cuz it makes Sarah look really weak). I'll probably just wait for the Mega-Ultimate Edition.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
I'll just wait for the T2: Ultimaterer Edition instead.

Ultimate: Final and most complete
Ultimater: Finaler and more completer
Ultimaterer: Beyond any finalization, completness, or comprehension.

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
There's nothing quite like a re-release to get DVD fanboys quaking with the dilemma of wanting the best possible version, but still managing to vent their rage over a studio re-releasing their own property (the barefaced cheek of it!).

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Blah. I think a studio should avoid using the word "Ultimate" unless they mean it. Additionally, they should do their best the first time so that any further releases can just be repressings with a new cover.

I've got T2 UE and T2 DVHS. I don't need any more T2.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Doug, that poll was probably removed by HTF owner Ron after it was done. At the time I posted that note, I could no longer find it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks