What's new

Things that baffle you? (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm baffled by Northern Ontario motorists who speed in the winter snow and sleet, but take their sweet time driving in the summer! :rolleyes:

CHEERS! :)
In summer, you want to slow down and enjoy the drive. Warm weather, sunshine, nice breezes, ahhhhhhh..... In the winter you just want to get where you need to be, and get inside out of the damn cold. ;)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Baffling how some of the 3D threads have spiraled out of control (not really too surprised), some folks have have some very thin skin it seems when folks point out valid data/sales (etc) info about something they apparently DEEPLY love and are attached to. Facts be damned. Now they're back to name calling. Crazy.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Clueless people who live in their little isolated niche bubbles.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I'm baffled by Northern Ontario motorists who speed in the winter snow and sleet, but take their sweet time driving in the summer! :rolleyes:

We just got dumped on with about five inches of snow, more to come, 20° so it's staying around. 100+ wrecks in the area, freeway blocked in both directions (big city, but only one major E-W freeway, (N-S is still in progress). People just going to fast, they may be AWD but really doesn't make that much difference.

I'm stocked up and staying off the roads for a few days. Friend with an AWD and I did some basic shopping today, going very carefully, so we got home safely.

We've inherited a lot of Californians who don't have the slightest clue what they're doing, so we drive defensively, watching out for them until they learn things are different up north.

And OMG, in the summer, those "looky-loos", really need a good slap in the face :eek:

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
That despite the Wal-Mart Associate in the Electronics Department having told me the batteries in the portable keyboard should only last about 3 months, they have lasted well over 7 months, so far, and this is with near constant use!

Perhaps my blackweb Keyboard is possessed? ;)

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
That despite the Wal-Mart Associate in the Electronics Department having told me the batteries in the portable keyboard should only last about 3 months, they have lasted well over 7 months, so far, and this is with near constant use!

Perhaps my blackweb Keyboard is possessed? ;)

I guess sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I'm kinda baffled that Tony is surprised that a Wal-Mart associate didn't know what he was talking about!

:laugh:
While I try to adhere to the adage of always giving others the credit of having intelligence and/or job related knowledge, I admit to having been burned by this sometimes misplaced assumption on occasion. :P

Thankfully, my experience as posted above wasn't one of those. ;)

EDIT: I should also note that many years ago, I was a Wal-Mart Associate, back when we were actually expected to be knowledgeable, or at least know who to ask in answering customer inquiries.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks