What's new

The Six Million Dollar Man Movie? (1 Viewer)

Dennis Castro

Second Unit
With all the advances in science and technology and special effects, plus the current trend of updating old TV shows into movies, has there ever been any talk of a bringing The Bionic Man to the big screen?

If not, what is the possibility that it could be done and done well.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
This has been talked about for years.
Someday. Maybe a Steve and Jaime movie with Max the dog too.
Make the fembots the villians and I am there.

CoreyII

Second Unit
They already made a Six Millon Dollar Man movie back in 1987, it was called RoboCop. And to this date, it is still a damn good movie. But hey, if the script is good, Im definitey game to see Colonel Steve Austin and Jamie Sommers hit the silver screen.

If nothing else Universal should at least releast the series on DVD. You have no idea how much I want to see the Six Million Dollar Man, the Bionic Woman, Battlestar Galactica, and Buck Rogers in the 25th Century come out on DVD. Buck Rogers is definitely conry compared to the other 3 series but it does hold a special place in my nostalgic heart.

I still have an original Six Million Dollar Man action figure, with the extra bionic arms.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
They already made a Six Millon Dollar Man movie back in 1987, it was called RoboCop.
Nonsense. Robocop was a retelling of Frankenstein.

Also one could argue that a $6,000,000 man would just have a pair of new kidneys and a Bentley. Not exciting movie stuff.

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
They have been talking about a film-version of The Six Million Dollar Man fairly recently. Unfortunately it has been under the suggestion of doing it as a comedy (I believe they even mentioned that Chris Rock was interested) called The Six Billion Dollar Man. Lee Majors would be involved in some capacity.

I'm not making this up.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I heard of Chris Rock's possible involvement in a big screen version of "6 Million Dollar Man" as well.

And yes, I still have the action figure of Steve Austin somewhere in the house.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Chris Rock?
Oh lord no.

As far as Erin Grey goes, I wrote her a letter back in the 80s and she never wrote me back.
I am holding a grudge.

We have a Six Million Doolar Man doll at our hourse. A lunchbox too.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I just heard on the radio this morning that Jim Carry has signed on as Lee Majors. It will be a spoof.

Peace Out~:D

Kachi Khatri

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay
Ron,

You're right, actually, it was also announced on ET last night that Jim Carrey will play the $6M man.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Considering Jim Carrey makes $20 million per big budget flick, the film's title role will underplaying his worth. :D

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
All interest in this movie has dropped to ZERO! This sounds about as bad as that terrible The Incredible Shrinking Woman from years back!

Paul_Sjordal

Supporting Actor
I don't care if its a comedy or a straight action flick. I can't see paying money for a remake of something if I didn't care for the original! :p)

Although for reasons I can't fathom, I'm looking forward to the Battlestar Galactica remake.

Paul_Sjordal

Supporting Actor
Nah. I find the gender change mildly annoying, cute actress or not.

I guess it's just that the premise had real potential that the first series really botched. C'mon, we start with a multiplanetary civilization slaughtered down to a single fleet of ships caught in a desperate race against genocide, and what did the original series give us? Starbucks' snappy one-liners and asorted cutesy fluff and sitcom humor. Gah! Someone has to do better than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks