What's new

The Six Million Dollar Man Movie? (1 Viewer)

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
Although for reasons I can't fathom, I'm looking forward to the Battlestar Galactica remake.
Galactica was one of those space operas that had a lot of potential, but fumbled the ball. Ben Cartwright in a 1930's style Buck Rogers uniform was too lame for me to handle. The Cylons, though, were most cool. Whenever I go to a public restroom, I see faucet handles that remind me of the Cylon helmets. If they could get a good group of actors and a decent plot, then it may be worth a look.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I wonder if the Jim Carrey version of Steve Austin will have had his face messed up in the accident and had to have it replaced with special bionic skin, which just happens to allow his features to be all sorts of contorted.

I can see it now, "Hey Jamie, lemme show you something".

Or someone tells him to bend this steel bar, "Alrighty then"!

Dennis

Second Unit
I think it would be more challenging to leave this as a drama. This seems to be the easier way out.

I thought I heard that the Farrelly brothers were going to direct. Now, I would love to see Jim Carrey in a Farrelly bros. movie at least once every two years, but I wish they would use other material.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Jim Carrey as Steve Austin? Forget it. It won't get my money. I'll just wait for the DVD sets of the original series when they are eventually released.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I've heard from reliable sources that Carrey's Austin will suffer a horrible voice box injury in the crash, and they will decide to reinstall his speech center in his rectum, so Carrey can do his ever popular "bent over talking ass" routine in the movie! Boy, I never get tired of that.

Truthfully, if they remade this as a serious drama, it would never hold up to the original series. There were so many things that made the original special (slow motion running, the "de de de de de" sound effect for vision, the jumping over buildings obvious backward wound footage) that would now be done with CGI, and would lose their charm. Who really wants to see this, when it's already been done in Robocop, Terminator, etc. So, I'm glad their going to do a comedy spoof/parody. Let the original stand, and let's have some fun with it, just like Charlie's Angels.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Not to derail, but i will...Felix Sila was in the suit, Mel Blanc did the voice from the pilot to the end of season 1. They tried to save a buck (HA!) and let Felix do the voice at the start of season 2. He sucked, people wrote, and they brought Blanc back.

Joseph Burns

Stunt Coordinator
Interesting that this is the only title without any expansion. The story ran on Variety and elsewhere, all the same press release. Is this just leftover from the defunct Jim Carrey project, or are they working up a new approach?

I guess this actually bodes ill for a DVD release of the originals, since it means that Dimension and Universal continue to walk different paths. I guess my sense of it is that Uni decided to wait them out, and this means Dimension has another couple of rounds of this game left in them. So long as the game goes on: no DVDs.

I'd love to be wrong. Pile on if so.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks