What's new

THE PAINTED BIRD (1 Viewer)

Ernest

Supporting Actor
The director is sparse on detail we understand the story takes places somewhere in Eastern Europe with WW II raging between the Germans and Russians. A family sends their young son to live with his aunt in a safer part of Eastern Europe. Unexpectedly the boy's aunt dies leaving him with no choice but to try to find his way back home to his parents. The movie is shot in black and white and is very gloomy, distressing with the director succeeding in showing the horrors of war. I enjoyed the movie though I caution it is certainly not for everyone especially with a running time of 169 minutes. The actors speak the language of the soldiers, people they are portraying with English subtitles. The Blu-ray is Region-Free.

Bird.jpg

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
The novel was one of the most harrowing reads ever. I had to finish almost in one day so I wouldn't protract my anguish. It was still worth it as a work of art. I am looking forward to the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks