What's new

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
While viewing The Beguiled, I began wondering precisely (or approximately) how many of Mr. Eastwood’s films released during the 1960s and ’70s have made it to Blu-ray.
If we use A Fistful of Dollars essentially as a starting point, there are 24 films, ending with Escape to Alcatraz, the list is missing (to the best of my knowledge) only one – Paint Your Wagon.
Go beyond that era, which means another forty years, considering starring roles and directing, that’s another 40 films, with
only five not appearing domestically on Blu-ray – Hereafter, White Hunter, Pink Cadillac, Bird and Honkytonk.
Which may be a record of one sort or another.
As to The Beguiled, which is promoted as a new 2k master – and I have no doubt the it is – we can see the affect of mastering elements vs transfers. The image is overall soft, with a bit of vertical hop.
It’s okay, but nothing more. Featurettes and extras make the package acceptable, it one doesn’t already have it on Blu-ray.
Image – 3.75
Audio – 5...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I have the 2014 UK BD, but didn't buy this release for the bonus material as I'm good with my UK BD. This film is good, but, it's not a favorite Eastwood film of mine.

sbjork

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Hereafter was released domestically on Blu-ray. I have a copy that I bought on its original release day at a Target. But the rest are still MIA. White Hunter, Black Heart and Honkytonk Man are still Holy Grails for me. (And yes, I would love to get Bird as well.)

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Is it bob & weave or that little jump at the edit points?

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
It's what we always say, isn't it? A 2K master of WHAT? 2K is meaningless in the scheme of things - it's all in the element used.

Oh yes, & of course that goes double for 4K!

(we used a forth generation dupe, & we didn't do any clean-up, but hey, it's 4K!).

Last edited:

Brian Husar

Supporting Actor

Attachments

• 4AA460D0-D51A-4BE6-A956-E4C8D85A6291.jpeg
    4AA460D0-D51A-4BE6-A956-E4C8D85A6291.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 110

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members