What's new

The New Paradigm Speakers (1 Viewer)

SASmith

Auditioning
I've been looking at the new Paradigms. They were just released in the last week or so. Previously I was looking at buying the Monitor 5's. They've been replaced by the Titan Monitor V.5.

I went to the local shop yesterday to take a listen. I listened to the new Titans vs. the new Monitor 7's. I really loved the sound of the 7's over the Titans, (although the Titans sounded good). I only listed to music as they weren't set up for HT.

Here is my dilemma: about 98% of my speaker use is HT. Very little music. My home theater consists of a shelving unit that has speaker grill covers over the whole bottom of the unit. As it stands now, all my front speakers including the center channel is hidden behind these grills. A very clean look.

I would rather have the 7's over the titans but the 7's would have to stand up outside the cabinet grills within the living room negating the hidden look.

I guess that I'm trying to find a happy medium between better sound and the hidden look. Would the 7's still sound good laying on their sides, (tweeters to the outside) or will this screw up my imaging? OR since most of my viewing is HT will the Titan Monitor v.5's suffice?

As a side note, I'll be using the new cc290.

Thanks

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
Any speaker that sounds good with music will be more than satisfactory for home theater applications, IMO. The one exception might be the sub-woofer, some HT applications can be more demanding than music.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks