What's new

JBL Conceal C62 Invisible In-wall Speakers (1 Viewer)

GeorgeHolland

Stunt Coordinator
Can In-Wall Speakers really become invisible? I should know by tomorrow.

My wife has been complaining about the ADS In-Wall speakers I installed myself when we built our home decades ago.

She is remodeling her kitchen, having a coffee bar added, and changing out the family room cabinets and shelving to match the new kitchen cabinets and coffee bar and she felt this was the time to finally get rid of the ADS In-Wall speakers. I countered with a proposal to replace them with Invisible In-Wall Speakers and while skeptical, she agreed.

I decided on JBL Conceal C62’s and installed them with the help of a drywall pro yesterday with the final texture applied today. The family room cabinets are waiting for countertops, glass doors over the top two shelves, and mesh doors for airflow on the lower cabinets. My wife of course is also having the family room, kitchen and nook repainted and will be testing samples around areas on the wall before she decides on a paint color but I'll put some paint on tomorrow to test "Invisibility".

The JBL’s will be used as part of a Distributed Audio System and we have dedicated monitors in the room for critical listening but they are used regularly. Still, after a brief test to make sure they worked before sealing them in, sounded very good.

Family_Room_Before_After_JBL_Conceal_C62_1000p.jpg

Last edited:

GeorgeHolland

Stunt Coordinator
"Can In-Wall Speakers really become invisible?"

The answer is YES! The paint is still drying but there is no hint of where the speaker is although existing imperfections in the wall can be seen and they sound great.

I hope to have the painter clean those up once my wife picks a color.

JBL_Conceal_C62_Install_after_1000p.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks