What's new

The Master, Merged TRUE LIES reissue thread: When, oh when? (1 Viewer)

Michael Dueppen

Stunt Coordinator
I've been holding out on getting the anamorphic R4 of True Lies since I read about the R1 5 Star on DVDFile. It's about time a decent version of this great flick is released imo.
With Speed though, I already have the anamorphic R2. I guess the extras won't be enough to buy another copy.

------------------
- Michael
My DVD collection

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I don't know if I would pick up True Lies but a nice bassed up :) Speed would be added to my collection. Bring it on.

orangeman

------------------
Link Removed
Link Removed
------------------

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
I'll wait for the 5 Star of True Lies and with Charlie kickin' tail on this Speed, I'll be replacing my copy without hesitation. I'm sure whatever he does will rock : )

Matt

------------------
"And I say I'm dead, and I move"....

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
True Lies 5-Star? Oh yeah! That's definitely one to add to the ole DVD collection when it comes out.

Thanks for the info!

------------------
Scott

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
True Lies was one of my favorite action movies with many of my favorite stars. But the current DVD is somewhat...lacking. Yes, it's a decent transfer and has good sound but it's not the jaw-dropping, chest-pounding disk that it should have been.

So put me down for buying the new release of this and Speed. Yet another upgrade... (anyone want to buy my original Die Hard series before my SO notices I have 2 copies? Maby if I just moved it to a box in the garage.... :)

TomRS4

Stunt Coordinator
True Lies has been on my 'refuse to purchase' list since it was originally released due to the poor treatment it received. Once a decent transfer is available I'll get a copy.

------------------
Tempus Fugit

Trace Downing

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trace Downing
Well, It better be.

I just sold both True Lies and Speed to some suck...um friend at work for $20 together.

Don't tell.

------------------
*Federal
*Galaxy
*Top News
*Enlist
*Exit

WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Ron G

Grip
I'd be willing to bet that Fox will either delay or cancel their plans to revisit this movie.Hope this doesn't happen , as I'd love to replace my bare bones copy with an anamorphic special edition.

Ron

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure why recent events would cause Fox to delay or cancel a new True Lies edition. From what I've been hearing, movies with themes such as that in True Lies are VERY popular in the rental market right now. People WANT to see films where the good guys kick some terrorist ass. That makes it sound as if redoing True Lies would be a good business decision on the part of Fox.

------------------

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
I'd be willing to bet that Fox will either delay or cancel their plans to revisit this movie.Hope this doesn't happen , as I'd love to replace my bare bones copy with an anamorphic special edition.
Delay? Maybe, I think Van Ling's comments would indicate such a thing. It will not be canceled, it's a question of when. Needs to be the right time, Van Ling and Fox understand that more than anyone right now.

Dan (UK)

[Edited last by Dan Brecher on October 16, 2001 at 10:08 AM]

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Err, if you're taking request Charlie, can I put one in for the Dolby being the original 5.0 mix? Its one of my favourite mixes; incredibly active without sounding either overly fake or cooked. By all means add a cooked DTS mix for the megabass fans, but I'd rather have the original sound that is so brilliant. Given it took the Oscars for both sound and sound effects editing, changing it 'for the better' seems like a bad idea to me.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
According to reports, 9/11 delayed Cameron's decision to release this sooner. So, who knows when it's coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks