What's new

The Good Fight - Season 1 ("Good Wife" Spinoff - CBS All Access) (1 Viewer)

Will you subcribe to CBS All Access to watch "The Good Fight"?

• Yes! But only because I'm already subscribing for "Star Trek: Discovery".

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (comment in thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Oh. So is it not expected that there'll be a disc release of season 1 before season 2 airs?

I'm ignorant about streaming shows...

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Oh. So is it not expected that there'll be a disc release of season 1 before season 2 airs?

It depends on the deal that was made when the show was greenlit. Sony is pretty aggressive about moving their shows to disc, with "House of Cards" showing up on disc about four months after each season became available for streaming. On the other end, the Marvel/Netflix deal has an extremely long window, with the disc releases coming 19 months after they became available for streaming.

"The Good Fight" is produced in-house by CBS, so there's probably even less of an incentive to bring out a disc release. It's further complicated by the weird divorce when the split CBS out from Viacom. Even though they're separate companies now, Paramount still handles distribution.

In happier news, "Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life" is coming out on Blu-Ray.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Adam! So that's a "maybe?" :laugh:

Now go report that GG news where it belongs!

EDIT: Oh. I see Ron started a separate thread. Someone should go report it in our long-running GG thread.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I keep hoping for a press release from CBS/Paramount, but so far no go. Perhaps before the new season begins in 2018, they'll release the first season on disc.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I keep hoping for a press release from CBS/Paramount, but so far no go. Perhaps before the new season begins in 2018, they'll release the first season on disc.

This is soooooooo disappointing.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
This is soooooooo disappointing.

I suspect we're going to see the same thing with Star Trek Discovery on All Access. Maybe it'll come out eventually because Trek is traditionally a good seller on disc, but I expect a similarly long window as well -- the Netflix/Marvel model for nearly two years seems about right. CBS seems more invested in promoting this service than getting every last dollar out of disc sales. Right now, it means more to them to have you subscribe to All Access a month in advance of a Season 2 premiere in order to catch up on Season 1, than it does to put out a disc you could buy for a single price and be done with it.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
For the new Star Trek I will do what I always do with new shows I am going to keep, record them on DVR-RW. When they finally make it to Blu ray, I will purchase season by season sets, and I can re-use my own discs.
I know the quality is far from perfect, but some times for shows like for instance "Galavant" which I think was one of the funniest shows ever, it is the only game in town.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
So is season 2 airing now on CBSAA?

I'm just a little confused as I haven't seen much discussion about season 2 on these pages. Are those who have been watching it still liking it?

I continue to look for DVDs of season 1 to no avail...except I see there are a number of obvious pirated copies out there on on eBay and other websites.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Season two has not started yet. Not slated until sometime in 2018. Seems like I read that CBS is once again going to broadcast the season premiere on the network hoping to draw customers to All Access, just as it did with it and the Star Trek: Discovery first season premieres.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
:D:D:D

The Good Fight: Season 1 on Amazon

91Akgc6a8XL._SL1500_.jpg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
When I discovered news of the release, the planned release date was February 27.

But when I went to pre-order on Amazon, the release date had been pushed back a week to March 6.

And now Amazon has already e-mailed me that the release has been pushed back another week to March 13th.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I hope when you finally see it you will feel it was worth the wait. I like the show, but I did find one particular subplot irritating throughout the first season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks