The Good Fight - Season 2 (CBS All Access)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Season 1 thread

The "Good Wife" spinoff’s 13-episode second season will launch on Sunday, March 4, 2018.

CBS Press Release said:

SEASON TWO OF "CBS ALL ACCESS’" “THE GOOD FIGHT” TO PREMIERE ON SUNDAY, MARCH 4, 2018

New Episodes Will Be Released Weekly on Sundays

Exclusively for CBS All Access Subscribers

Dec. 12, 2017 – CBS All Access, CBS’ digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service, today announced season two of its first original drama series, THE GOOD FIGHT, will premiere on Sunday, March 4, 2018. New episodes of THE GOOD FIGHT’s 13-episode second season will be available weekly on Sundays exclusively for CBS All Access subscribers.

In season two of THE GOOD FIGHT, the world is going insane, and the Chicago murder rate is on the rise. Amidst the insanity, Diane, Lucca, Maia and the rest of the law firm find themselves under psychological assault when a client at another firm kills his lawyer for overcharging. After a copycat murder, the firm begins to look at its own clients suspiciously. Meanwhile, Diane battles with a new partner at the firm, Liz Reddick-Lawrence (Audra McDonald); Maia becomes tougher after her parents’ scandal puts her on trial; and Lucca is brought back into Colin’s orbit.

The series, from “The Good Wife” creators Robert and Michelle King, stars Christine Baranski, Cush Jumbo, Rose Leslie, Delroy Lindo, Audra McDonald, Sarah Steele, Justin Bartha, Michael Boatman and Nyambi Nyambi.

Robert and Michelle King serve as showrunners and executive producers of the series, which they co-created with Phil Alden Robinson. Ridley Scott, David W. Zucker, Liz Glotzer and Brooke Kennedy also serve as executive producers. The series is produced by CBS Television Studios in association with Scott Free Productions and King Size Productions. The series is distributed worldwide by CBS Studios International.

Last Wednesday, THE GOOD FIGHT’s first season was nominated for three Critics’ Choice Awards for Best Actress in a Drama Series (Christine Baranski), Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series (Delroy Lindo) and Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series (Cush Jumbo).

CBS All Access’ growing slate of original series currently includes its first comedy series, NO ACTIVITY, streaming now; THE GOOD FIGHT; and STAR TREK: DISCOVERY, which was renewed for a second season and will return with chapter two of season one on Sunday, Jan. 7, 2018, after 8:30 PM, ET. CBS All Access’ original series library will continue to expand with the previously announced $1, STRANGE ANGEL, THE TWILIGHT ZONE, TELL ME A STORY and additional programming to be announced.

About CBS All Access

CBS All Access is CBS’ digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service. In addition to its original series, which includes STAR TREK: DISCOVERY, comedy series NO ACTIVITY and season one of the new edition of “The Good Wife,” THE GOOD FIGHT, CBS All Access gives CBS fans the ability to watch more than 9,000 episodes on demand – spanning current shows from primetime, daytime and late night, as well as past seasons of select series and classic TV hits – and stream their local CBS station live. CBS All Access is currently available online at CBS.com, on mobile devices via the CBS App for iOS, Android and Windows 10, and on Roku Players, Apple TV, Chromecast, Android TV, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Fire TV. For more details on CBS All Access, please visit: https://www.cbs.com/all-access/.

CBS All Access Press Contacts:

Morgan Seal
646-424-4321
[email protected]

Nikki Kozel
646-472-3948
[email protected]

CBS Television Studios Press Contacts:

Lauri Metrose
818-655-7223
[email protected]

Elizabeth Rolnik
212-975-1553
[email protected]

Reactions: GlennF

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
TheGoodFight_S02_001.JPG

Season 2 First Look Trailer:
CBS All Access Press Release said:
In season two of THE GOOD FIGHT, the world is going insane, and the Chicago murder rate is on the rise. Amidst the insanity, Diane, Lucca, Maia and the rest of the law firm find themselves under psychological assault when a client at another firm kills his lawyer for overcharging. After a copycat murder, the firm begins to look at its own clients suspiciously. Meanwhile, Diane battles with a new partner at the firm, Liz Reddick-Lawrence (Audra McDonald); Maia becomes tougher after her parents’ scandal puts her on trial; and Lucca is brought back into Colin’s orbit.

The series, from “The Good Wife” creators Robert and Michelle King, stars Christine Baranski, Cush Jumbo, Rose Leslie, Delroy Lindo, Audra McDonald, Sarah Steele, Justin Bartha, Michael Boatman and Nyambi Nyambi.

Robert and Michelle King serve as showrunners and executive producers of the series, which they co-created with Phil Alden Robinson. Ridley Scott, David W. Zucker, Liz Glotzer and Brooke Kennedy also serve as executive producers. The series is produced by CBS Television Studios in association with Scott Free Productions and King Size Productions. The series is distributed worldwide by CBS Studios International.

Season two of THE GOOD FIGHT premieres Sunday, March 4 on CBS All Access.

All new episodes of THE GOOD FIGHT will be released weekly on Sundays exclusively for CBS All Access subscribers.

Click here for the season two key art and more press materials on THE GOOD FIGHT
Click here for more information on THE GOOD FIGHT
To sign up for CBS All Access, please visit: www.cbs.com/allaccess

Facebook: @thegoodfightCBS
Twitter: @thegoodfight
Instagram: @thegoodfightCBS

CBS All Access Contacts:
Morgan Seal 646-424-4321 [email protected]
Nikki Kozel 646-472-3948 [email protected]

CBS Television Studios Contacts:
Lauri Metrose 818-655-7223 [email protected]
Elizabeth Rolnik 212-975-1553 [email protected]
Arpi Ketendjian 818-655-7221 [email protected]

Photo Contact:
Lisette Azar 818-655-7219 [email protected]

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I enjoyed (but did not love) the first season, and I still won't subscribe but will find a way to see the second season some time this summer.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
This season has given a lot of the same that I loved about The Good Wife and the first season of TGF. What I enjoy about this is that they do focus on a "ripped from the headlines" kind of court case, but instead of focusing on death/murder ala Law and Order, most of the time it focuses on the social implications of the law.

The cases this year have been some pretty interesting twists on the issues. The storyline this year about lawyer killings is in the background on a slow burn. The thing is, the acting in this series remains incredible.

John Lee_275604

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Lee
Can't put Tim Matheson in the background as a bartender and not expect it to lead to more.

This past episode was a little vexing. I'm one of the few who watch[ed] TFW/TGF for the legal wrangling.
But this episode had a little too much going on for the legal wrangling to be star.
The Rashamon structure and the emphasis on the toll of decisionmaking in the juggling of accomplishing pressing things versus accomplishing important things were interesting detours. But the cases themselves suffered from what Mike Judge called the 'I know, I work here' fallacy of exposition that CSI was so famous for. That is, most of the 'brainstorming' in the intertwined cases were 'well, duh' quality insights.

That said, I'm down to watch Lucca and Elsbeth navigate whatever the writers throw their way. Cush nailed that scene asking her brother

to be the godfather

And the guest stars for next week, yowza!!

Last edited:

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Really enjoyed yesterday's episode. TGF is really the reason why I picked up CBS All Access. I thought the ride along was well handled.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Yeah. I can't really get there; outside of the storyline involving Lucca, which remains classic - she acts the hell out of that part. This show gets great performances from everyone involved.

John Lee_275604

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Lee
Yeah. I can't really get there; outside of the storyline involving Lucca, which remains classic - she acts the hell out of that part. This show gets great performances from everyone involved.
One beat I did enjoy, Martindale's character telling the [drunk] assistant 'maybe you could take a vacation.' An innocuous statement, delivered matter-of-factly, that carried all the gravity in the world, irrespective of the consequences of said assistant's subsequent conference room antics.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
This is an incredible cast. Alan Alda this week, and the storyline.. there are few shows on TV that have a cast even remotely as talented as this one.

John Lee_275604

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Lee
A little too cute with the purposefully misused jargon by Daine in front of the noob judge.
And in case anyone was unsure, it was misused and it was purposeful.
But it was still familiar enough for a judge to recognize it and at least have the presence of mind to at least ask witheringly 'what in the hell do you think xxx has to do with this proceeding.'

Daubert - evidentiary standard for qualification to speak as an expert
Interlocutory - an appeal in the course of pending litigation for the purpose of deciding unsettled matters of law
Nunc Pro Tunc - retroactive application of a new order

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Renewed for Season 3!
CBS Press Release said:

"CBS ALL ACCESS" RENEWS "THE GOOD FIGHT" FOR A THIRD SEASON

TheGoodFight_logo.JPG

May 2, 2018 – CBS All Access today announced the third season renewal of its hit original drama series THE GOOD FIGHT.

“THE GOOD FIGHT is a perfect example of what we strive for a CBS All Access original series to be: thought-provoking, boundary-pushing and, most of all, incredibly entertaining,” said Julie McNamara, Executive Vice President, Original Content, CBS All Access. “We can’t wait to see what Robert and Michelle King, their creative team and the incomparable cast will bring to audiences in season three.”

The entire first season and first nine episodes of season two of THE GOOD FIGHT are currently available to stream on CBS All Access. All new episodes of THE GOOD FIGHT’s second season are available on demand weekly on Sundays, exclusively for CBS All Access subscribers. The season two finale will be available to stream on Sunday, May 27.

The series, from “The Good Wife” creators Robert and Michelle King, stars Christine Baranski, Cush Jumbo, Rose Leslie, Audra McDonald, Sarah Steele, Justin Bartha, Michael Boatman, Nyambi Nyambi and Delroy Lindo.

In addition to THE GOOD FIGHT, CBS All Access’ growing slate of original series currently includes STAR TREK: DISCOVERY; its first comedy series, NO ACTIVITY; and the upcoming drama series STRANGE ANGEL, premiering on Thursday, June 14. CBS All Access’ original series library will continue to expand with ONE DOLLAR, THE TWILIGHT ZONE, TELL ME A STORY and additional programming to be announced.

About CBS All Access

CBS All Access is CBS’ digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service. In addition to its original series, which includes STAR TREK: DISCOVERY, comedy series NO ACTIVITY and the new edition of “The Good Wife,” THE GOOD FIGHT, CBS All Access gives CBS fans the ability to watch more than 10,000 episodes on demand – spanning current shows from primetime, daytime and late night, as well as past seasons of select series and classic TV hits – and stream their local CBS station live. CBS All Access is currently available online at CBS.com, on mobile devices via the CBS App for iOS, Android and Windows 10, and on Roku Players, Apple TV, Chromecast, Android TV, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Fire TV, Samsung Smart TVs and Amazon Channels. For more details on CBS All Access, please visit: https://www.cbs.com/all-access/.

CBS All Access Press Contacts:
Morgan Seal 646-424-4321 [email protected]
Nikki Kozel 646-472-3948 [email protected]

CBS Television Studios Press Contacts:
Lauri Metrose 818-655-7223 [email protected]
Elizabeth Rolnik 212-975-1553 [email protected]
Arpi Ketendjian 818-655-7221 [email protected]

Photo Contact:
Lisette Azar 818-655-7219 [email protected]

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Absolutely delighted that another season will be coming. Of course, I haven't seen a single moment of season two yet.

John Lee_275604

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Lee
Diane - Can you take Luca's place on the violence committee
Marissa - No, I have to get to the hospital!
Julian - Not you!! She means me!

ROFL ROFL

GlennF

Premium
Real Name
Glenn Frost
Love this show. Currently it would get my vote for best drama series of the current year. Handmaid's Tale has really dropped off from the first season.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
els