What's new

Broadcast TV The Flash - season 7 (The CW) (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Awesome ending to this week's episode. Never thought that person would return.
Per Grant Gustin interview Well, there's kind of a twist there, too, like always when it comes to Wells. It's not like necessarily the real Harrison Wells, I guess. It has more to do with the particles that made up all of the Wellses now embodies this Harrison Wells. So, we're going to yet again see Tom do something slightly different than we've ever seen, and it is technically the real Harrison Wells but with a twist.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
They did a good job of wrapping up Ralph and Sue's story even without the actor playing Ralph available.

It was nice to see a Big Bad persuaded to take a better path rather than defeated in combat.

The science on this show has always been questionable at best, but the power of love literally saving the day was a stretch even by its standards.

Based on the stinger at the end, it looks like four new speedsters were created when Barry and Iris reignited the Speed Force.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Nice season 6 finale there. I am glad that most of the Season 6 loose ends have been wrapped up now.
I was surprised that they also wrote out the new/old Wells so quickly. So, perhaps my original thought that Tom Cavanaugh would mostly be playing Zoom is still going to happen.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Based on the stinger at the end, it looks like four new speedsters were created when Barry and Iris reignited the Speed Force.
Per people who know much more about the comics then I do, the ending was meant to show the creation of the Still, Strength and Sage Forces, in addition to the Speed Force (Different Colors). Apparently this will all be a part of the proper season 7 which starts next week.

Hate to be negative but I was disappointed by last night's episode. I think it was far weaker then the first 2 episodes this season. It seemed disjointed. Nothing was done with the two people left behind when Barry took Iris out of the mirrorverse. They just got out and were fine. Joe's story seemed like filler, unrelated to what else was happening in the episode. If it were cut, you wouldn't know it was missing. If I were to guess I would say it was a replacement for whatever Ralph and Sue were originally going to do in the episode before Hartley Sawyer was fired. No consequences for Eva? She did kill the original Eva's husband and framed Sue for it, didn't she? Not to mention all the people she kidnapped.

Last edited:

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
No consequences for Eva? She did kill the original Eva's husband and framed Sue for it, didn't she? Not to mention all the people she kidnapped.
The consequence is she returned everyone and went back to the Mirror Universe. They could have tried to throw her into some ARGUS jail and doomed everyone who had been sent to the Mirror Universe, but that would not have been a good outcome.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
We stopped watching it for a year because it was getting so ludicrous. So, we decided to give it another chance...worse than last time, especially this last episode. Let the young enjoy it. Don't like having to hit the internet to find out what the story was about that I just watched. :thumbsdown:

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
We stopped watching it for a year because it was getting so ludicrous. So, we decided to give it another chance...worse than last time, especially this last episode. Let the young enjoy it. Don't like having to hit the internet to find out what the story was about that I just watched. :thumbsdown:
It was essentially what was the Season 6 finale, so not a good episode to just jump in on after a long break. I'd suggest giving it a try with the next episode which should start some new plotlines.

GlennC

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Glenn
The Flash was a series I used to watch as soon as it was on. Now I can barely stand it and the latest episode was such nonsensical trash that I skipped a huge chunk of it. I really feel sorry for the actors who are actually good having to perform the material they are given.

The entire writing staff needs to be fired.

As John said; at least there is Superman and Lois and Resident Alien which are both well acted and just as important well written.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I liked the emotional trough line of this episode: Iris got through to Barry about needing to confront trauma, Barry used the lesson he learned from Iris to stop the bad guy, and then Iris heard and listened to her own advice from Barry.

The giant female hulk felt kind of out of the blue, though.

Interesting that Caitlin and Frost are two separate people now. It's nice that they each get to live full lives, but it's got to be a nightmare from a production standpoint.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Bart Allen as the son, not grandson, of Barry and Iris coming to "The Flash". Unclear if he is Nora's brother or if after Crisis he replaces Nora. I doubt they would go with a replacement. How will they make him different from Wally West on the TV show.

GlennC

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Glenn
Sad but not surprising news Tom Cavanagh & Carlos Valdes are leaving "The Flash"

I will be really sorry to see them go. Tom Cavanagh’s acting always seemed to be better that the drivel he has been given to perform. Carlos Valdez will also be greatly missed as his character has been the most consistently good throughout the whole run.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I don't think Tom Cavanagh has appeared on the show since episode 3 which would have been the conclusion of last season except for the virus. So we already have an ides of what the show will be like without him. The show has not announced when he will last appear for now as they want his appearance to be a surprise. Carlos Valdez as Cisco really hasn't had a story of his own since his romance with Gypsy ended and he took the metahuman cure. He has been missing episodes for a couple of seasons now. Chester seems to have been brought in as his replacement as the two characters serve the same function in the stories. I imagine both Tom and Carlos will return for the series finale of the show whenever that is. Grant is under contract through next season. The others are negotiating to continue past the current season.

It must have been difficult for American actors to have to stay in Canada for the entire shooting schedule due to Covid 19 and quarantine . I don't think it had anything to do with Tom and Carlos leaving the show but it may have been why Dominic Purcell is leaving "Legends" after this season.

Last edited:

GlennC

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Glenn
i don’t blame Dominic Purcell from leaving as he has been severely underused in Legends and even then his character just seems to be a caricature of his former self. What is it with these awful writers?

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
The show has been having a problem, in my opinion, with adding new characters I want to see. The last new character introduced on the show that I was invested in was Ralph Digby. The current newer characters I can't even recall their full names. When your original cast starts to leave and you don't get good replacements it may be time to wrap the show up. I think Legends has been much more successful introducing new characters. That show was always meant to have a revolving cast and I think they do it well. The Flash was originally concerned with the training of Barry Allen as The Flash, finding the killer of his mother and freeing his father from prison, the romance of Barry and Iris, and best villain they ever had in the Reverse Flash. Once all that was completed the show became Team Flash defeating the villain of the season or now half season. They always defeat the villain the same way. After Barry is betrayed by someone he trusts and having several plans fail Team Flash come up with a plan that works. I wish they would recast Ralph and do the Ralph and Sue story. At least it had the potential to bring something new to the show. Last season I though they were ripe for a spin-off show. Bring back Eddie in some form to cause problems for Barry and Iris. Caitlin's mother got the Frost gene or whatever from her ex husband. Do something with that. Who is taking care of Joe and Cecille's baby? They don't even reference the baby now. Maybe the baby never was born due to the Crisis changes.

Last edited:

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I had some issues with this week's episode covering Frost's day in court. I should've expected this when Caitlin and Frost were separated, and this, I suppose, makes it easier to not have to have Danielle Pannabaker in the make-up chair too often.

But the problems were with the legal issues presented. Even setting aside the fact that the insistence of the State's Attorneys to force Frost to take the meta-cure was really just all Kramer's idea to get a precedent to force any meta-criminals to do the same.

For one, sentencing guidelines are not at the whim of the prosecutor. They can make recommendations within the scope of the sentencing guidelines established by law. So, if as mentioned, the guidelines would've been 10-20 years in jail, and the prosecutor can request any amount of time within that range. They cannot, however, insist on a punishment that isn't already in the guidelines. They may be able to get Frost (and Cecile, as her counsel) to agree to it as a plea deal, but they can't force it in court. The Judge is bound only by the guidelines set by the state's legislature.

Secondly, criminality is independent of whether one has powers or not. Just as there are normal humans who are criminals and some who are not, there are meta-humans who are criminals and some who are not. If Frost was a criminal, it's because she wanted to be a criminal (and now she doesn't). If she was still inclined to be a criminal, taking her powers away doesn't stop her from getting a gun and committing crimes that way.

With that in mind, insisting that she be punished by removing her powers is just an admission that the penal system doesn't work as a rehabilitation process. By arguing that Frost, after spending 10-20 years in prison would, after release, just go back to being a (super-powered) criminal is arguing that no convict can ever be rehabilitated.

Lastly, even if the judge agreed to sentencing Frost to take the meta-cure, it would immediately be appealed by Cecile (one would hope), and would work its way over a considerable amount of time up the judicial chain to, eventually, the Supreme Court. It would probably be argued that it was cruel and unusual punishment, as many already argue to be the case with chemical castration.

In a weird way, I kind of approve of Frost's reasoning behind her offered alternative, but that that was what was required in order to prevent having her powers taken away without her consent leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Well we now know how Cisco is leaving the show. The showrunner said that his last episode as a series regular would be the final episode of this season but since they said tonight how and why he is leaving I would be surprised if he doesn't leave sometime soon and comes back for the finale. Danielle Panabaker said in an interview on TVline that there is an upcoming episode that centers on Barry, Cisco, and Caitlan so we have that to look forward to.

The Flash has really been developing Killer Frost and I’m loving it, but Caitlin Snow was left out of the way and it makes me sad. Any news on that character? –Clarice
I delivered your Q to Danielle Panabaker once the cameras stopped rolling, and she said that when it comes to Caitlin, “Episode 12 is one of my favorites this season — and one of the hardest. It’s a great Barry/Cisco/Caitlin storyline, and I’m excited for fans to see that one. But I think it will break their heart a little bit, too.”

That episode will air on June 1 unless there is a break after episode 11 which is the last episode with the various forces.

Last edited:

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
CW has released upcoming finale dates. The Flash's finale will be July 20. That should make it 18 episodes in toto for the season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks