What's new

Broadcast TV The Flash - seasons 8 & 9 (The CW) (1 Viewer)

Should the upcoming eighth season be the last?

• Yes, the show's been past its prime for a while now.

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No, I don't want Barry Allen's televised adventures to end.

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Cecile being upset because she finds out she goes home to Joe only twice a year in the future was such a waste of time. I wonder if it was added to the episode because Grant had Covid and couldn’t film some stuff and they needed to fill time. I would have wanted more of the scenes between Barry and Eddie and Eddie and Iris. I wonder if future Barry gets Nora’s message, and we see 2049 Barry in the finale instead of him always being off world when we visit the future.

Barry was late showing up in this penultimate episode. I guess it takes longer to get to the future then it does to get to the past. I hope he gets to where he is going faster in the finale next week.

Odd there was no mention of Bart. I know the actor was unavailable because he is on Broadway but they could have said he was with future Barry off world.

They must have good skincare products in the future as the only one who looked older in the future was Iris.

My guess is Caitlin and Snow are reborn, probably at the end of the finale .
All the action will be wrapped up 45 to 50 minutes (with commercials) and then we will get a happy endings good bye for everyone. Here is hoping that Cisco makes an appearance, though it will be probably remotely . I am hoping/guessing Eddie gets a happy ending too,

Last edited:

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I had most of the same comments as @Garysb above.

After what I thought was quite a good Part 1 of A New World, Parts 2 and 3 have been somewhat lacking. I just hope the finale is satisfying.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I have not read any of the articles or seen much of the promo stuff, but I may do so later. I thought it was a decent series finale in the end. They brought a lot of things from the whole series together with a couple of nice surprises (though one might have been in an advertisement, and if so I forgot that). It would have been good to see Cisco again or even have him mentioned, but maybe that just couldn't be arranged.

It was not perfect, but given everything we've seen the past few years it was a satisfying end which laid the seed for future series if anyone wants to go there.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I liked the concept behind the finale, with all of the old speedster villains teaming up at the same time Iris is in labor with Nora. But the writing let it down. Could have been worse, but it could have been so much better.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I was surprised by one thing. Based on nothing that was ever said anywhere on or out of the show, other than suggestions early on in the season about the alleged timing of Nora's birth (when Barry was putting today his "playbook"), I had a feeling that they were going to pull a surprise with the birth. Given that the general thread was an attempt to change the timeline, I was thinking that Barry & Iris's firstborn was going to turn out to be Bart rather than Nora.

Oh, actually I was surprised by a second thing: the outcome of Khione's ascension.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Not even a mention of Cisco? I understand the actor was not available to film an appearance but surely he could have been mentioned. Why couldn’t Caitlin have been talking to Cisco on the phone instead of her mother. There should also been a mention of Ralph. He was there for 3 years. The actor said what he said but the character is not the actor.

The last version of Team Flash was horrible and I don’t believe that they would be able to take down all the speedsters that gave Barry so much trouble so quickly. Though also hard to believe, it would have been more satisfying to have OG Team Flash to take down the speedsters .

To have Iris be about to give birth the entire last 4 episodes did the character no favors. She had nothing much to do the entire time. She should have been much more involved in the Eddie story as her love was a major part of what he thought was stolen from him.

Presumably Caitlin has no memory of what happened when she was dead. Or are we to suppose she has been alive in her body which had just been taken over the entire season. Why would she now be OK with Barry destroying her work to bring Frost back and accepting of Frost being gone. She should be in the same head space as when she died. If Caitlin could come back, why not have Frost and Ronnie come back so Caitlin's nine seasons of suffering could finally end.

Last edited:

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I liked the concept behind the finale, with all of the old speedster villains teaming up at the same time Iris is in labor with Nora. But the writing let it down. Could have been worse, but it could have been so much better.

It's actually quite impressive how incredibly underwhelming the Flash writing staff was for the last half of the series. In a way, their writing is completely superficial. As you go through an episode, they're writing scenes that keep throwing something at the main character(s), but when it comes time to actually tie all of them together and explain the plot, there's nothing there.

Other than the stunt casting, I never really got a "series finale" vibe from the last four episodes. The stakes didn't seem as high as half of the other season finales (or even most of the crossovers), and there was just nothing there to give it that "oomph" that many series finales have -- even those shows that just do a "life goes on" type of finale still have something going on to acknowledge that the viewing audience is jumping off of the ride.

Although I have to say, even this writing staff learned one lesson - Back in season 5, the main villain of Cicada was so weak that he couldn't carry an entire 22 episode season. And that was when the writing staff started breaking the seasons down into multiple chunks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks