What's new

Broadcast TV The Flash - season 7 (The CW) (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I had some issues with this week's episode covering Frost's day in court. I should've expected this when Caitlin and Frost were separated, and this, I suppose, makes it easier to not have to have Danielle Pannabaker in the make-up chair too often.

In a weird way, I kind of approve of Frost's reasoning behind her offered alternative, but that that was what was required in order to prevent having her powers taken away without her consent leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
And then what they did regarding this in the most recent episode makes me wonder just what these writers are smoking. To my surprise the writers of this episode were the same as those for "The People V. Killer Frost". Did they have this in mind the whole time and just decided to undermine their previous episode?

Last edited:

Chip_HT

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chip
That means we get an 8 episode and then 7 episode "graphic novel" this season. Hopefully they keep them that short if they maintain that structure in the future. Since at least season 5, this writing staff has proven that they just can't sustain a long term plot that long. Of course, I have my doubts about even shorter plots, based on how little this "force" arc made sense.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Yeah. As I said in another thread, I think the writing has taken a dive across the board on the Arrowverse shows. Superman & Lois is the exception, but most of the other shows were pretty strong in their first seasons, so that isn't a surprise.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Going to be a different show without him. He brought some much needed levity to it, as well as a cool intelligence.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I found Cisco's last episode to be very weak. It was just silly.

When the announcement was made that Carlos was leaving they said his last appearance as a series regular would be Season 7’s season finale. Perhaps he filmed a scene or two around the time this episode was shot to insert into the season finale. With quarantine still necessary to travel to Canada from the US it doesn’t seem likely that Carlos would have left after filming this episode and come back for the finale after quarantining.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I hope the next storyline is an improvement over the "forces" storyline. "The Flash" is looking very tired. I hope the episode where Diggle visits lives up to the hype. I miss Barry's interactions with characters from other shows like Oliver, Felicity, Kara, and Jefferson. Sadly all their shows are finished or finishing this season.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I hope the next storyline is an improvement over the "forces" storyline. "The Flash" is looking very tired. I hope the episode where Diggle visits lives up to the hype. I miss Barry's interactions with characters from other shows like Oliver, Felicity, Kara, and Jefferson. Sadly all their shows are finished or finishing this season.
They have announced that the next season:
On Tuesday, network chairman and CEO Mark Pedowitz announced that season 8 of The Flash will begin with five special event episodes featuring heroes from across the Arrowverse — or the CW-verse, as he insisted on calling it.
They haven't released any details about which characters, but there is no reason that it can't be some of those from shows that have finished (with the exception of Oliver).

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
They haven't released any details about which characters, but there is no reason that it can't be some of those from shows that have finished (with the exception of Oliver).

I don't see why Oliver couldn't be one. It's not like no TV show before has done a bit where a dead character appears and the protagonist has a series of conversations with them.

Hell, there was one season of Sisters, that ended up with guest-star George Clooney getting blowed up real good. He reappears in the first four(!) episodes of the following season as either a ghost or a figment of Teddy's (Sela Ward) imagination. This was while he was appearing in the first season of ER!

I can easily imagine an episode in which Barry is in trouble, and Oliver appears to him to give him advice on how to get out of it.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I don't see why Oliver couldn't be one. It's not like no TV show before has done a bit where a dead character appears and the protagonist has a series of conversations with them.
Other than the fact that Stephen Amell has stated that he is finished with the Arrowverse and would not appear on any future crossovers. Then again he could change his mind.

"However, Amell has revealed during an Instagram livestream that he is very much "done" with his time in the CW shared universe.
Asked by a fan if he will ever appear in another Arrowverse series, the star replied: "No, I'm done. That was good. It was a good eight years but it was time to be done."

I am starting to feel that way about "The Flash" after 7 years.

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
TVline has listed when shows end in June and July and when new seasons start this summer. "The Flash" airs its 7th season finale on July 20th. There is a break until Stargirl starts its second season in the "The Flash's" timeslot on August 10th.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Tonight was the best episode of a poor season.
Excited to find out what is going on with Iris and to see The Flash family. Diggle is on Superman and Lois next week. I hope he is involved in the Evil Superman story and that his appearance is not just a cameo. I think he is also going to be on Supergirl when it returns so I don't expect there will be much resolution to his headaches/ Green Lantern? story on Superman and Lois.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Ambassador
Real Name
Tony D.
This season has been a Chore to watch.
The stories have been brutally boring as have been the villains.

Finally caught up with Sisco’s last show and that was poorly done too.

Don’t even know if I’ll watch the remaining shows this season.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
The impression I got with Diggle in tonight's episode is that they appear to be trying to set him up as the Father Figure of all of the Arrowverse heroes. How that will carry over into his apparent turn as Green Lantern will be interesting to see. I'm wondering if that will be the essence of the quasi-crossover this fall.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
A surprisingly good episode tonight. I have higher expectations now for part 2 of the finale next week.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Nora said she was 26 and she came from 2049. That would mean she was born in 2023. Bart is 19 which means he was born in 2030. I guess Iris isn't pregnant unless she and Barry have an older 3rd child.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Nora said she was 26 and she came from 2049. That would mean she was born in 2023. Bart is 19 which means he was born in 2030. I guess Iris isn't pregnant unless she and Barry have an older 3rd child.
It depends on when in 2049 they came from.

If Iris is pregnant now (July '21) and only a few weeks along, then Nora would be born sometime in March '22. She would 26 up to her birthday in March 2049.

They could be returning from anytime in the first quarter of 2049 and all the dates would align.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eshotwell
Recent bookmarks