What's new

The COVID Vaccination Thread (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Still strictly age-based vaccinations around here. Next Wednesday supposedly starts the general public of 75+, then steps for 70+ and 65+ after that. Only once those are mostly done will they start considering younger people with risky conditions.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I got a generic notice from my doctor’s office that in NY, people with certain preexisting conditions will be eligible next, only they haven’t released what those conditions will be, so the doctor doesn’t yet know if I’m eligible - in other words, don’t call us, we’ll call you.

I’m not necessarily expecting to be in this next round though; I suspect my relatively younger age along with the condition being successfully managed will probably not jump me ahead of the line, which I totally get. I’m more hopeful that my dad and stepmom can get it sooner than later (my mom and stepdad work in hospitals so they’ve already gotten their first doses). My younger brother is a teacher, so he’s eligible to either get it now or soon, and I’m glad for that as well.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Virginia is in its "Phase 1b", which is 65+, younger people at high risk, and select essential / frontline / healthcare workers.

Per our county plan, I remain in the "everyone else" category, presumably sometime in the Spring or Summer.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
An email from DoorDash whom I deliver for says that delivery persons will be eligible for the vaccine and to check each state for the dates

the vaccine is available to delivery personnel in Florida as part of group 1C but still no info when 1C will be activated.

There are still a percentage of people who do not use “no contact delivery” and want us to hand the food to them.

All those people just open the door and expect you to be standing there to literally hand them a bag of food, pizza etc.

The large percent of people do choose contactless delivery and we just leave it at their door.

Ive started to leave it at the door for all deliveries and will stand away from the door area to see them as they retrieve their food.

Very time I get a little sniffle or my throat feels a little funny
I go into “Oh no” mode with the worry that I got it.

I dread having to sneeze out in public.

Last edited:

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
I am unhappy to report that our county (and our own HMO) seem to be royally screwed up with regard to vaccines. The state said group 1B (65+ and those with underlying medical conditions) was now eligible and San Diego County amended 1B to be 75+ with no mention of underlying medical conditions. Our HMO (which is very large, perhaps the biggest in the county) still says they don't have enough vaccine to complete group 1A.

So, we wait. Gotta stay safe even after the vaccine so this is just additional good practice.

Mark

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I'm in group 1B due to occupation, but I'm very disappointed and frustrated in how that's going. Work doesn't seem to be interested in setting anything up, and there's a dangerous mix of lack of communication and apathy. What little information I've gathered came to me indirectly, and even when I got a link to sign up for a vaccine appointment, it didn't work. It's actually quite difficult finding people interested in getting the vaccine themselves, which is quite surprising to me considering how much most of my co-worked absolutely hate everything to do with the pandemic.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I dread having to sneeze out in public.
Sneezing with the mask has been the worst. My initial instinct is to take the mask off, which obviously goes against the very reason for the mask. Then I put my hand or arm up to cover my mouth, and then pull it back down when I remember that the mask is already covering it. And then there's the risk of a moist sneeze that will coat the inside of the mask.

It's the little things that you never thought about before . . .

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Virginia is in its "Phase 1b", which is 65+, younger people at high risk, and select essential / frontline / healthcare workers.

Per our county plan, I remain in the "everyone else" category, presumably sometime in the Spring or Summer.

I noticed that.

Turns out I'm in 1b after all, so I guess I might as well go for it whenever they feel like scheduling me.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
My shot administrator told me the same thing. The second shot has more side effects than the first one.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Dentist this morning commented on his first shot being mild, but getting mentally prepared for a more intense second shot.

im glad to hear my dentists are getting vaccines. If anyone needs it, seems like it’s dentists.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I got a generic notice from my doctor’s office that in NY, people with certain preexisting conditions will be eligible next, only they haven’t released what those conditions will be, so the doctor doesn’t yet know if I’m eligible - in other words, don’t call us, we’ll call you.
Albany County is booked up through April, and NYC's department of health has been canceling appointments left and right because the actual vaccine doses delivered by the feds have been significantly fewer than what New York State anticipated. So unless production and distribution ramp up significantly, I don't see New York State moving to another round until May.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks