What's new

The COVID Vaccination Thread (1 Viewer)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
While I know this is a rather late date to be posting this, our son and I got our 5th shots, both bivalent boosters Thursday, October 6th.

The Mrs hasn't got hers yet, but she also doesn't go out a lot. Our son is handling this one. I also got my annual flu vaccine a couple of weeks ago, so I'm all set for winter, insofar as inoculations are concerned!

CHEERS! :)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
While I know this is a rather late date to be posting this, our son and I got our 5th shots, both bivalent boosters Thursday, October 6th.

The Mrs hasn't got hers yet, but she also doesn't go out a lot. Our son is handling this one. I also got my annual flu vaccine a couple of weeks ago, so I'm all set for winter, insofar as inoculations are concerned!

I forgot that I had also inquired about getting a Tetanus shot, which is recommended about every 10 years, and I had my last one about 2011-ish. Got that inoculation done at my 3 month doctor's appointment yesterday!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I forgot that I had also inquired about getting a Tetanus shot, which is recommended about every 10 years, and I had my last one about 2011-ish. Got that inoculation done at my 3 month doctor's appointment yesterday!

I just had one of those in September, along with the first shingles shot, in the same arm. My arm ached for several days after that, worse than any of the COVID shots.

Supposed to get the second shingles shot next month along with pneumonia, I think. Might try one in each arm this time. ;)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I just had one of those in September, along with the first shingles shot, in the same arm. My arm ached for several days after that, worse than any of the COVID shots.

Supposed to get the second shingles shot next month along with pneumonia, I think. Might try one in each arm this time. ;)
Interestingly, I'm bumping this thread! :D

This morning, I got both covid (For the latest variant!) and flu shots at our local Medpoint Pharmacy. Yes, I did get one in each arm! ;) Our son and Bee plan to get their shots next weekend.

No significant side effects, so far, though as a precaution I did take an ibuprofen after I got home.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I ended up getting the second shingles shot and the pneumonia shot three months apart on the recommendation of my doctor. I didn't really have any reaction to either of those.

With the new covid shot, my mother and I both ended up with body aches, headache, and fatigue for about a day after, and a sore arm for a few days. But my father who had the same shot had no reaction at all. We all had the Moderna SpikeVax shot (all had Pfizer previously).

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Moderna makes me feel like I’ve been hit by a freight train in the first 24 hours, while Pfizer doesn’t bother me at all. I have no idea why but at this point I just take whatever is most accessible to me at the time I’m due for it.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I've only ever gotten Pfizer from the start, and have just felt a little tired for a few hours. Yesterday I got it and flu together for the first time. Nothing bad except after a few hours I just felt very sleepy. It's now been 26 hours and I feel like the grogginess is going away.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
I got shots for the latest Covid booster (Pfizer, likewise that’s all I’ve ever had) and flu, in the same arm this time, on Wednesday. Not much soreness, and it was even my left arm which is the side I sleep on. Every booster seems to bother me less than the one before. I must be full of them nanoparticles by now. ;)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Going in for Moderna+flu tomorrow afternoon. I'm technically just shy of 90 days from when I got my only (known) COVID infection (about 83 calendar days) but I'm counting that as "close enough" to 90. My friends just gave birth to their first child and I will be visiting them in 2 weeks and, while I'll still be fully masked when I'm around them, I want to keep their newborn as safe and healthy as possible (was also born a few weeks premature but everything went fine according to their doctor). I'll test both via PCR (through work) and antigen (home test) the day before and day of the visit. Up to date on MMR and Tdap as well.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Finally just got my Moderna booster yesterday afternoon... and then went for some good walking... along w/ my new, fully loaded, photo gear backpack to break it in before going to do some hiking away from NYC (for this peaking foliage season).

No idea if any of my bits of body aches (mostly around the shoulders, but not quite only) are caused by the booster, except of course for the sore injection spot, instead of only from lugging my new, fully loaded backpack (plus I'm not young anymore, LOL) -- I've never tried lugging that much while doing some extended walking (for a couple hours) before yesterday (at least not since my school days anyway)... and did a little more today despite the remaining bit of aches. Likewise w/ the bit of fatigue I felt/feel -- not sure if my temperature went up (slightly) at all as I didn't bother to check and didn't take anything for it (or the bit of aches)... and even that, if any, could just be from the extra exertion of course...

I'm guessing it's almost entirely just the heavy load for extended time (compared to previous times), but otherwise, I probably again feel noticeably less side effects than the last time -- it does seem that way w/ each of these Moderna vaxes I've gotten (and they've all been Moderna for me)... as even the injection spot soreness seems reduced.

Anyhoo, planning to do a little hiking midweek up around my alma mater now that I have my booster and feeling generally fine. Hopefully, I won't still be aching at all for the hiking and some shooting (mostly on Wed)... though I'll probably end up reducing my backpack load at least a little for this first time -- probably just leaving my big-ish Tamron 150-600 G2 at home again this time... though debating if I should lug my (somewhat hefty) Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 Sport or just my Nikon 70-200 f/4 (and I'll probably still have my Sigma 105 f/2.8 macro) plus maybe bring my D800+16-35 f/4 (on top of my Z6) instead... :P

_Man_

Last edited:

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Interestingly, I'm bumping this thread! :D

This morning, I got both covid (For the latest variant!) and flu shots at our local Medpoint Pharmacy. Yes, I did get one in each arm! ;) Our son and Bee plan to get their shots next weekend.

No significant side effects, so far, though as a precaution I did take an ibuprofen after I got home.

I ended up just feeling a bit of tenderness at both injection sites and some extra tiredness for a day or so, although like Man W, I did do some extra walking afterward, though not with a heavy load! After I got home, I did take an ibuprofen as a precaution, but experienced no headaches.

For the record, my last 2 (Out of 6 to date!) covid shots were respectively Moderna and Pfizer based with no other significant post side effects, so this also seems to have waned for me after the first Astra Zeneca (The worst was the first, as reasonably expected!) and initial Moderna booster shots.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks