What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Avengers (2012) (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Originally Posted by David Deeb /t/278084/avengers-movie-thread/120#post_3894706
I like the trailer and everything I see in it!
I don't get the Tim Burton reference
It's a shitty, rubbery suit like in the Burton films. forget the nipples. Batman couldn't turn his head in that suit. Cap isn't as bad as that, but it still looks like a shit rubber Halloween costume.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
The Super Bowl spot mostly works for me, but that shot with the camera circling the Avengers as they prepare for battle only emphasizes one of the big obstacles this movie has to overcome -- actually making Hawkeye and Black Widow relevant.
I mean, seriously...you've got Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, and Captain America there, and Scarlett Johansson is...ejecting a clip from her pistol and reloading? That thing better shoot nuclear bullets or something.
(Also, being that Black Widow's primary takedown move is the old, "crotch-to-the-face/thighs-around-the-neck" body-toss, all that's left to be said is, "Yes, I *WOULD* like to receive a free pamphlet describing how I could learn more about joining this HYDRA organization you speak of.")

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Russell G said:
It's a shitty, rubbery suit like in the Burton films. forget the nipples. Batman couldn't turn his head in that suit. Cap isn't as bad as that, but it still looks like a shit rubber Halloween costume.
It doesn't like like rubber to me, it looks like a sort of kevlar mesh fabric. My problems with it are the very visible zipper along the red and white ab stripes and the fold-over jacket look to it. It's a step down from the 1940s suit which worked very well.

Jeffwilliams08

Auditioning
They are a group of lonely people who like Burton film....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let‘s cross the bridge when we come to it
Hogan|Scarpe Hogan

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
I have little doubt this is gonna be entertaining. Whedon knows his comics, and he knows how to work with pulpy, ensemble-type material. But man, something is really off with either the aspect ratio or camera placement (the film is allegedly shot in "flat" 1.85:1, compared to all of the other Marvel films to date).
This was apparent even in the first trailer (a couple Nick Fury shots), and shows up big-time in that group-pan-shot in the new trailer. Whedon himself has (jokingly) stated that he's been making every mistake in the book with regard to his direction. Unfortunately, it appears that a few of those mistakes may have made it into the final print.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Latest trailer looks good. I like the action with the Hulk; let's hope they get him right. Nothing against Eric Bana or Edward Norton (who I thought was really good), but Mark Ruffalo deserves a chance at a Hulk movie. He could really bring back that weary feeling from the Bill Bixby show.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Excellent trailer. It was the first one that made it feel like an epic motion picture instead of a TV movie with bigger name actors. I really like the way the camera tracks the action through three-dimension space as all of the shit goes down across Manhattan.

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
Steve_Tk wrote (post #135):
They should of left out Scarlet and the guy with the bow, forget his name. They look totally useless in the trailer . . .
This seems to be addressed in a scene in the latest trailer where Natasha(?; Black Widow) tells "the guy with the bow" (Hawkeye) that "this" is something neither of them was ever trained to deal with, no?
Brent M wrote (post #150):
Wow. Just absolutely awesome! :tu:
Agreed, but if you go to imdb.com's trailers page, you'll see that almost all of the so-called "action pictures" have spectacular effects presentations. (Those for Prometheus and Wrath of the Titans, particularly, impress me.)
Though "CGI" isn''t perfect, by any means, we're pretty nearly at the point where all the "special" will have been taken out of the effects and the moviemakers throwing around all these vast sums of money will find themselves in the same old boat: they'll have to "differentiate their product" the old-fashioned way, with good stories and believable characterization.
I agree with the earlier sentiment expressed (post #121):
. . . the movie's got to be more than shit blowing up.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
Rex Bachmann said:
Steve_Tk wrote (post #135):
They should of left out Scarlet and the guy with the bow, forget his name. They look totally useless in the trailer . . .
This seems to be addressed in a scene in the latest trailer where Natasha(?; Black Widow) tells "the guy with the bow" (Hawkeye) that "this" is something neither of them was ever trained to deal with, no?
Brent M wrote (post #150):
Wow. Just absolutely awesome! :tu:
Agreed, but if you go to imdb.com's trailers page, you'll see that almost all of the so-called "action pictures" have spectacular effects presentations. (Those for Prometheus and Wrath of the Titans, particularly, impress me.)
Though "CGI" isn''t perfect, by any means, we're pretty nearly at the point where all the "special" will have been taken out of the effects and the moviemakers throwing around all these vast sums of money will find themselves in the same old boat: they'll have to "differentiate their product" the old-fashioned way, with good stories and believable characterization.
I agree with the earlier sentiment expressed (post #121):
. . . the movie's got to be more than shit blowing up.
black widow and hawkeye are part of the avengers team. there is an animated series of avengers on disney xd and also on netflix. highly recommend watching it.
Jacob

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Now this is the kind of poster that gets asses in seats:
31dd2965_hr_Marvels_The_Avengers_80.jpeg

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
I've seen a half dozen trailers for this and I still can't figure out who/what it is the Avengers are battling aside from Loki.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adityalbarrett
Recent bookmarks